OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Oh yea, where are you vacationing at this summer? What's on your summer movie list?

You have any work conferences scheduled this year?

i even see people being prudent with those stimulus checks. they rather pocket it for a rainy day than spend it

And my friends are spending it, but thats beside the point. We are still a month out before demand comes back.

how? the economy isnt like a car that magically turns on and off with a flip of a switch. its kinda like your cell phone. it turns off quickly but it takes a longer time to boot back up. the psychological factors are going to be in play. the people that were scared wont be out and about like they used to. the only thing that can give some people relief is if theres a vaccine right now.

how? the economy isnt like a car that magically turns on and off with a flip of a switch. its kinda like your cell phone. it turns off quickly but it takes a longer time to boot back up. the psychological factors are going to be in play. the people that were scared wont be out and about like they used to. the only thing that can give some people relief is if theres a vaccine right now.
I am not saying the economy will be back tomorrow (or next month) This will take years to return to normal. 30MM unemployed is not a quick fix. I am talking about demand.

American spending habits will not change.

I’ve had like 90% of my money in 2 mutual funds since October 2017. Vanguard 500 index and growth and income. planned to be long term “safe” investments, just buy and forget about that $$. Rode the highs but when everything crashed I was down some, now I’m back up to some small gains.m. Which I’m ok with and understand it’s what happens. But I’m thinking about taking some out just to have as cash and put in my ally savings account. definitely don’t feel good about the rest of the year

I already felt like I had too high of a % of my money in there but it was easy to look past that when everything was going good

my dad teaches at Econ at Northeastern here in Boston and he just tells me to ignore it, but with the caveat - who the **** knows :lol:

I’d you don’t need it and you’re young why would you touch it. Just keep adding to your funds. If you’re worried, scale out here as we continue to melt up and then scale back in as we pull back.

I am not saying the economy will be back tomorrow (or next month) This will take years to return to normal. 30MM unemployed is not a quick fix. I am talking about demand.

they already have changed.

add in the fact that new house sales declined 30%, it appears that Americans have become much more conservative spending already. I think most people realize this u employment lifeline has an expiration date

TZA booming :pimp:

Small caps are in severe trouble. All of the small business owners I know STILL have yet to receive a penny of ppp funds.

Tempted to go in with all the rest of my dry powder in TZA. I've been waiting to see how high this market can go in the short term. I still have a little fear that we could go all the way back to all time highs off the Fed helicopter money and that would be devastating to my short position.

Didn’t we run out of the second wave of money already? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes. And it appears that 94% of small business never received funding even after the second wave of funding.

The entire structure is kind of ****** up though. Instead of just doing the loans through the SBA, they decided to do a public/private partnership where banks write all the loans and get a 3% commission on the total loan. So what is happening is banks are prioritizing the largest loans first so they can get a bigger commission which is leading to most of these funds never making it to the companies that really need it. Its pretty ****** and I wouldnt be surprise to hear that the program was rife with fraud.

Edit NVM:

That didnt take long :lol:

Last edited:
I’ve had like 90% of my money in 2 mutual funds since October 2017. Vanguard 500 index and growth and income. planned to be long term “safe” investments, just buy and forget about that $$. Rode the highs but when everything crashed I was down some, now I’m back up to some small gains.m. Which I’m ok with and understand it’s what happens. But I’m thinking about taking some out just to have as cash and put in my ally savings account. definitely don’t feel good about the rest of the year

I already felt like I had too high of a % of my money in there but it was easy to look past that when everything was going good

my dad teaches at Econ at Northeastern here in Boston and he just tells me to ignore it, but with the caveat - who the **** knows :lol:
You're going to ignore the advice of your father who teaches Econ for the advice of some strangers on a message board ? :lol::lol::lol:

Missed a fill in CRWD by .25. Bleh. Nice rally off that weak open. Probably should’ve adjusted and chased some but so be it. It’ll fill eventually.

they already have changed.

add in the fact that new house sales declined 30%, it appears that Americans have become much more conservative spending already. I think most people realize this u employment lifeline has an expiration date

This will change as soon as Tom down the street can hit his local bar on payday

LOL. you think unemployed Americans are going to keep spending like how they were without a paycheck? c'mon bro.

although collecting unemployment may give them some income to spend but not nearly the amount they were getting paid when employed

Back
Top Bottom