OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Bidding on some protection tomorrow. Got the VIX call spread for November, now bidding on some spy put spreads. 292-290 expiring in July for .30, 272-270 expiring in September for .24 and 252-250 expiring in October for .30. This should cover me throughout the most volatile times of the year. Max risk would be $85 on the three put spreads with each one giving me $170 or $176 of potential per spread if they hit (one hits, the other 3 are paid for). If neither hit, means market went up and my stocks printed tendies. Let's hope for a gap up to get me filled lol.

Really hope I can get these hedges today.

Edit: had to raise my bids a little but filled all of my hedges. even added a November hedge 215/211 put spread. Covered now for all of my downside targets in the event of a second sell off.

Last edited:
got a haircut yesterday and this pent up demand is real. my guy was cutting my hair while working on 4 other people.

I'm still riding that one as well, thanks for that tip. You holding this long term ?

Yes, I am. The Covid Vaccine isn't even their best potential product...their "Nano-flu" will be a game changer.
Also, there is the ever present buyout rumors.
Great ratings by most analysts and PT keeps getting increased.
Corona Wave 2.0 imminent

Added some more TNDM when it was down 3% today. Wishing I held out for 5% like I wanted. Do you guys have a rule of thumb of when you DCA? I’ve heard people say to add on every 5% dip but this seems arbitrary.

Calls in SQQQ with puts in SPY and BAC have me green today. Even though I'm losing some money on some other calls, those three are doing well today.

I'm house hunting in the bay area. Was looking at 800k property. Had 2 offers over listing, cash. Rich people still rich here

Yeah if you have the means it’s a great time to buy

I’ve said my theory many times in here - I’m basically out of my day trading right now because I went with real estate

Last edited:
Yeah if you have the means it’s a great time to buy

I’ve said my theory many times in here - I’m basically out of my day trading right now because I went with real estate

I'm right there with you. No faith in stock markets for me and mortgage rates at historic lows, possible inflation in our currency.

Back
Top Bottom