OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

At this point should I even bother with Zoom? This isn't sustainable is it?

I come in ignorance.

Zoom is very user friendly making it an easy choice for businesses, schools and families but medium-term i can’t see how Microsoft, Google, Cisco and the other big players (such as Facebook that could move in aggressively) won’t takeaway a lot of market shares from Zoom.

IMO there might be more money to be made on Zoom short term, but i don’t see a lot of gains after that.

Zoom is very user friendly making it an easy choice for businesses, schools and families but medium-term i can’t see how Microsoft, Google, Cisco and the other big players (such as Facebook that could move in aggressively) won’t takeaway a lot of market shares from Zoom.

IMO there might be more money to be made on Zoom short term, but i don’t see a lot of gains after that.
CSCO had their chance when Yuan pitched the idea to them and in typical CSCO fashion they did nothing. I think the moat here is this has become just as big as a brand as Netflix and Apple at this point. Growth will slow because they will run out of new customers, but they'll maintain the majority of their users. Google and Facebook and Microsoft have been trying this entire time to take away marketshare and failed.

At this point should I even bother with Zoom? This isn't sustainable is it?

I come in ignorance.
Hard for me to chase this much but there's a lot of institutional buying and short covering here. If you wanted to just have exposure, use 5% of your normal size and let it play out and figure out where you can add in. Growth will slow, but the earnings won't disappear.

Man ok. I work in tech and im clearly behind on understanding stock. I have a Charles Schawb account and auto sell my RSUs and a healthy 401k but that's it.

Where can i get started understanding all of this stuff. I'm clearly missing out. Reading materials? basic 101s? do i just throw everything at FAANG? Any help would be appreciated

I would ask your coworkers about some tech stocks they are investing in and make a watch list.

Bought sq sep 170 calls. Technicals looks like it is bouncing off its support in its upward channel. My prediction is that it will go 167 ish by sep 3. By that time, I'll sell.

Sq finally popped from that ascending triangle it was forming. Reached my target. Just sold at $8. Bought at $4.70. Yayyyy!

I like the flag forming on CRM. Taking some 9/18 300c
image0.png

Too bad about tsla, it was 530 pre market. I was hoping it would at least maintain that for today.

added AYX and TJX today. playing the 5day/13day strategy for these. will look for ~15-20% gain or so and dump.
eying AYX myself just want to see it over 122 for confirmation. Could be long against 120 if you’re a little more aggressive.
PINS is popping now. Got in on 9/11 $40 calls when they were still in the red this morning. I cant remember who it was that posted the notice that it should run to 40 this week, but THANK YOU. johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm was that you?
DSA brought up the idea originally and I was eyeing that 36 level as a pivot point.

jumped back into crm. Wish I would’ve saw the alert from the discord and grabbed calls instead but that’s ok.Common has worked well for me lately.

Back
Top Bottom