OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Monster move in NET I’ve been wrong in this one. Apparently it’s a direct competitor with ZS and the losses really are tied to them giving away their new security product and only charging now. I’ll probably be grabbing some soon.

in general, should you always sell the news? I’m up on appls run up today but don’t know the best time to sell. Before the event? During? After?

About to be even on this JD call too.

Was once down over 70% on this bad boy. These diamond hands paying off finally...lol

Just keep running up baby.

Man I knew I should've grabbed Apple around $110ish. Was waiting to see if it dropped back to $104, stupid to wait for such a small drop when now its roaring. Glad I grabbed some PTON under $100 tho

in general, should you always sell the news? I’m up on appls run up today but don’t know the best time to sell. Before the event? During? After?
depends on your timeline and original plan. If it’s just a trade, I’d be locking in half to 3/4 and leaving a runner with a stop at break even or higher. If you’re in it for the long term as an investment, who cares.
Man I knew I should've grabbed Apple around $110ish. Was waiting to see if it dropped back to $104, stupid to wait for such a small drop when now its roaring. Glad I grabbed some PTON under $100 tho
next time buy a little and buy more if it goes lower or if it’s confirming higher add in higher. I have adds from 106-116 in Apple throughout the month.

Straight newbie here, got 5gs I want to play around in stock market with for long term relative safe investment, who you putting money into?

I want the old tsla. Haha

its priming for a run rn though. Crazy low volume past week. Earnings coming up. Hints of production exceeding guidance for the year.

Aapl finally running

Take this information with a grain of salt. There might be some selling the day of/day after. Historically there has been more often than not. Might not though. Long term Apple is a solid stock.

MW-GP883_origin_20180912051901_NS.png

Take this information with a grain of salt. There might be some selling the day of/day after. Historically there has been more often than not. Might not though. Long term Apple is a solid stock.

MW-GP883_origin_20180912051901_NS.png

Would taking a few PUT calls be a wise move if historically they tend to drop, or would it make more sense just to load up on the dip prices?

If you want to own Apple for the next 5 years, whatever you pay this week won't matter. So just buy the volatility.

Started into NET around 55.25 and 57. 15 shares, looking to add 10 more eventually.

Added to ROKU.

Sold half of my remaining PTON shares, down to 5 now. Just in case this is a short term top. Would probably add back at some point. Holding the other 5 at break even.

Would taking a few PUT calls be a wise move if historically they tend to drop, or would it make more sense just to load up on the dip prices?

I wouldn't.

I have Nov 27 calls. If I was putting more into Apple options, I'd just get more of that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom