OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If there's one thing I've learned about AAPL, it's to sell before the news. I'll buy another call on the dip to run into earnings, if the premiums look right.

Otherwise its shares of PFE... :nerd:

Apple is running out of ideas honestly

They are just playing catch-up at this point
I disagree. The Apple methodology is to perfect everything and only unveil a new idea when it’s perfect and necessary. They don’t need to release anything new right now. And I’d argue their newest phone is a huge innovation with their camera tech. Lidar sensors are huge for AR. Dolby vision, 60fps is huge for killing standalone cameras. This was a homerun event and most people won’t realize it because on the surface nothing happened.

I forgot who was bullish net in here that I disagreed with. I was wrong on that take, became a buyer this morning and I’m very happy. Props to you fam.

Right they’re literally playing defense on hardware while ramping up on the software side with services, Apple Pay and now the walled garden for advertising that they created in ios14 under the guise of privacy.

Tim Cook is an excellent businessman and is surrounded by a team of great innovators. Apple is here to stay.

PS: Talking myself up after I bought a $135 call for Dec lol

I was one of the people that thought Apple would lose its direction after Steve Jobs died, but I couldn’t have been more wrong :lol:.

I was one of the people that thought Apple would lose its direction after Steve Jobs died, but I couldn’t have been more wrong :lol:.
It’s the culture he created. Theyre run like a luxury brand in a tech company’s body with the greatest cash flow I’ve ever seen. Their ecosystem will only grow more sticky. HomePod mini was a homerun today. Whether they sell a bunch we’ll see but the functions and features of it and the way it coexists with all of your Apple products is unparalleled to its competition.

Puru sold ETSY in favor of PLTR. Not a fan of that move. He cited weakening growth for Etsy in 2021 which is projected to be 20% but I find that hard to believe simply off the fact that mask sales will continue to be a tailwind driving traffic and their growth outside of masks sales was ~90%. My sister in law has made a killing selling masks and it’s a step in the door for customers to their other products. Small businesses are dead. I’m long Etsy and will stay long until they show a disaster of a quarter or they hit $100 billion market cap.

Eying crwd against 153 for 155+ looking at 155 calls
Ddog through 118 looking at 120 calls
Sq through 192 eying 192.50 calls
Apple against 120.89 eying 122 calls

and thinking about a diagonal in rkt could buy the ict 30 24 call, sell oct 23 28 call for ~1.45. Eying 28.60 if we clear through 24 but figuring it might take a week or two. Low conviction so may scalp or ignore it.

Amwl looks decent against 34.64 for 36.49, 41.70 potentially. Low conviction as well

I’ve loss more money from selling the shares I had of FSLY, NET and SQ since May compared to the money I’ve made from reinvesting those gains in other investments. Another lesson that it usually pays off in the long run to hold onto growth stocks rather than trading in and out of them.

First two years of a bull market are the most profitable. I bought sq for like $36 and sold it at $50 smh a week later

amwl being sued by TDOC for patent infringement. Taking that idea off my watchlist

redoing the first post of this thread to house some more valuable information, just finished some rules for the modern investor that I follow and focus on. Will do a trading one next. If I’ve missed anything or should add anything, lmk

Last edited:
I planned to grab 10 shares of NET on Monday and kept procrastinating thinking a dip was coming. Now it’s $60 smh.

Seems like a solid company and will continue to run.

@everyone NIO with a serious upgrade from JPMorgan from neutral to overweight with a PT of 40. It's up premarket well above ATH.
TSLA saw Elon tweet about a bus but deleted it. That could be enough to start a fire. The coiling up chart looks ready to explode.
MSFT had a initiate coverage status from UBS and a PT of 243.
Our LLNW looks ready to retest 7. FL still waiting for a break above 38.6.
WKHS on watch for a bottom play as it dropped on the USPS announcement date.
Make sure to have a story behind each play. What will bring volume? What will make it move? Where's the exit? It's all part of a plan that you need to determine before you enter.

First two years of a bull market are the most profitable. I bought sq for like $36 and sold it at $50 smh a week later

amwl being sued by TDOC for patent infringement. Taking that idea off my watchlist

redoing the first post of this thread to house some more valuable information, just finished some rules for the modern investor that I follow and focus on. Will do a trading one next. If I’ve missed anything or should add anything, lmk

That's interesting about Teladoc suing Amwell.. I'll keep my shares for now see how things play out since I don't have many and got a decent average but will definitely keep a close eye on this case. It doesn't seem like the suit would really affect amwells ability to do business much if at all so idk if it's a huge problem. They've actually already had a suit against each other way back in 2014 I believe where Amwell sued Teladoc for the same thing on patent infringement.

Back
Top Bottom