OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

This market is punishing recklessness finally. Patience is more important now than ever. I'm getting smoked from being exuberant and jumping in too early on these dips.

You are speaking gospel. Every time i think im buying the dip..........the next day its a harder dip.

@everyone Same song. Covid cases are rising, seeing record numbers. Although some believe it is all under control, if you look at what's currently happening around the world, you will understand how small we know about how to deal with it. We are facing this issue after Billions were put to save the market. Now it's reacting to the truth. Remember that historically, the 2nd wave creates a bigger impact than the first one.
Speaking of historical events, October 28 is known to be the best trading day for the year where buyers come back after the long summer months. However fear is ruling the market now. We should be focusing on earnings and market growth. A lock down is a possibility and people are not liking it.
Stimulus package anyone? Before the election? Who knows.
Buying the dip here can be risky.
One thing I'm watching is FB and TWTR as both are seeing a dump that should not really affect them.
Stay calm. Market will be there again tomorrow. Have a plan.

I closed a weekly SQQQ $24 call yesterday. It ****ing smashed up 9% so far today and broke over the $24 strike just now :smh: :lol: I hate this market.

It wasn't a lot of money for the one contract, but the underlying action of this week is infuriating. I'm sitting this out. If any of my watchlist drop I'll consider adding or opening a smallllll position.

I always try to end my day in all cash but damn I wish I keto my $338 puts on SPY even if I sold at open

And then seeing the put play and not acting on it while in the gym

like Marcus what are you doing this is why you are here :smh::smh::smh::lol::lol::lol::lol:

New here, but I've been following the thread and appreciate the info shared across the board.

2020 has seen a boat load of SPACS, I know IPOC was mentioned in here some pages back. Granted I'm not as versed nor seasoned as some of you. I like this IPOC/ Clover Health merger. Any further thoughts from anyone here?

The filing shows that in the first half of this year, Clover pulled in $338 million in revenue, virtually all from premiums, and posted a net loss of $23 million. In the same period a year ago, meanwhile, Clover had lower revenue of $231 million and a higher net loss of $233 million (of which $131 million stemmed from what it described as a loss on a derivative, rather than a core expense of running its business.)

Ooof, whole lot of red. Part of me bummed as this hinders my reallocation a bit and another part of me trying to hold back from buying too much more since volatility may bring better/more buying opportunities. Guess I’ll just DCA a small position and call it a day.

Looking at short term VIXY options and the spread is WILD. Calls for Nov 6 expiration, with strike price of 24.5 are cheaper than 25. The market is broken :lol:

Anyone playing the VIX over the next week? I wouldnt hold through the end of the 3rd, but this next week looks like nothing but pain.

Also, dont discount the upside for the COVID stocks. Today's bloody, and I agree with johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm about SMALL positions if you buy today, but this might be an oppo for some COVID stocks. I've got an order in for 10 shares of NLS, as a cheaper and more available alternative to PTON for consumers. Becky isnt the only demographic that's missing the gym and going into winter with spiking COVID cases seems like a perfect time for NLS to push their product.
They have seen wild growth since their last earnings in August, but they have room to run, especially if they guide towards more records in their next earnings (Nov 9th).
If you missed the PTON run, NLS is a good alternative imo. START SMALL.

Back
Top Bottom