OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I feel like this is just a repeat of the spring. Except this time we have a much better idea of which companies thrive with the virus scaring people.

Trimmed a little twlo since I got very long after earnings and moved that money to TDOC. Monster guidance that doesn’t factor in lvgo.

Jumping back into FSLY under $70. Yeah, bad news with TikTok and ER but 40+% a drastic overcorrection. Plus johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm alluded to this, I like the Signal Sciences acquisition.

Edit:
My hunch is green in 6 hours to recover some (roughly half?) of Wednesday's massive losses. Then small green Friday, if majority of big tech players report well.

Last edited:
Shop needs to come through with big GMV numbers. Big bear there bodes well for the economy. I think we capitulated and we’re ready to rebound slowly.

Now if FSLY can back to life :nerd:

SHOP with a monster quarter down
ETSY with a solid quarter and solid guidance, mask sales barely being a growth driver, down

I bought back some ETSY today, had to trim TWLO down to equal weight to do it. Added more TDOC. Would've bought more SHOP if I had the cash. Portfolio is in set it and forget it mode. In 5 years I will either have a good gain, or be divorced. We shall see.

Now if FSLY can back to life :nerd:

SHOP with a monster quarter down
ETSY with a solid quarter and solid guidance, mask sales barely being a growth driver, down

I bought back some ETSY today, had to trim TWLO down to equal weight to do it. Added more TDOC. Would've bought more SHOP if I had the cash. Portfolio is in set it and forget it mode. In 5 years I will either have a good gain, or be divorced. We shall see.

This news of tic toc pulling most of it's traffic, you think that's cause of the trump administration fight and if things get figured out it will reup with fastlys network or do you think they will move to a new network when it's all said and done?

Really do not like the volatility on FSLY.

Don't know what to make of them honestly. For this reason, I've stayed away.

**** might go down to $50 or back to $100 by EOY. Who knows?

How do you guys feel about Chinese stock?

I'm about to build decent positions here:

BABA (small position already)
JD (small position already)
TCEHY
NIO (speculative play)

The NIO play here is speculative but I believe the other 3 are rather solid companies.

TCEHY
NIO (speculative play)

The NIO play here is speculative but I believe the other 3 are rather solid companies.

Can't go wrong with baba and tencent. I got xpeng too for long term. Those tsla knockoffs look good 😂😂

No, but I had grabbed some OTM FB ones I'm hoping to capitalize on.

AAPL has enough of my money tied in, want it to rise steadily before exit.

This news of tic toc pulling most of it's traffic, you think that's cause of the trump administration fight and if things get figured out it will reup with fastlys network or do you think they will move to a new network when it's all said and done?
They're using Akami right now and it seems like they might stay there. It's really all related to Trump's xenophobia and lost war on China. His failures killed the buzz for this one. Idk if they'll join back up, but Bixby said he's confident in their ability to replace the lost revenue and is very bullish. I think he sandbagged guidance to get Wall Street back on his side next quarter with Signal Sciences and everything coming their way.
Really do not like the volatility on FSLY.

Don't know what to make of them honestly. For this reason, I've stayed away.

**** might go down to $50 or back to $100 by EOY. Who knows?
Gotta do what works for your risk threshold. If you like the story and the massive TAM, you could just buy a few shares, lotto sized, and let your risk and emotions be managed that way. I'm doing that with JMIA and PLTR. 25 shares in both, they either work or fail, I make money or I don't. Both going to 0 won't affect me.

TCEHY
NIO (speculative play)

Getting bullish on China now because of Jumpoff Joe Biden. Long TCEHY, very interested in BABA but don't have the room for it. JD and PDD have some ridiculous numbers and charts look very favorable right now.

Cut DDOG in half to add more SHOP. now my biggest holding. Cut PTON on the Citron hit piece, don't need that drama.

Portfolio is now in rough size order:
SHOP, ROKU, NVDA, AAPL, TWLO, SQ, PINS, FSLY, SNOW, SE, CRWD, ZM, DIS, TDOC, NET, DDOG, DKNG, ETSY, NVTA, FTCH, JMIA, PLTR. Not looking to make any sales at this point, like the allocations, would only add to positions when I add new money in.

Back
Top Bottom