OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

hennessy hennessy been warning us about weed stocks since forever.

I been warning y’all. It’s a ponzi scheme.

I got burned two summers ago throwing $30k into a couple different ones. Saw that turn to $15k and once it bumped back to $20k I got out happily with my 33% loss. I believe I would be in worse shape now if I didn’t cut my losses.

if you want a low risk cannabis play look at ROCK (I’d wait until Q1/Q2 next year). Also good exposure for industrials and energy with this stock. I was all in on this stock at one point but took profits.

I’m looking to get back in around $55 if that happens. I got in @ $37 in May and it was up to $71 fairly recently.

I’m a novice stock investor but a professional in the cannabis industry. I run a profitable company and will never invest in another cannabis company unless it’s mine or someone I know.

I’m strongly considering going full cash by December. We’re getting refrigerator trucks again. Drove home from my shift and the urgent care lines are around the block again for testing. Seems like a lockdown is inevitable.

Im all cash at the moment (except ROTH and 401k) because I decided to continue renting instead of buying home. Im ready to go big when the next opportunity presents itself.

No lockdown is coming. We will just having people dying in the streets if it gets bad enough, and the country has decided it is ok with that.
Some of the country has. Most of the heavily populated areas havent. We're going into a 2 week lockdown here. Chicago is on a 30 day notice, NYC is shutting down school as soon as Monday. Would hope Texas comes around and gets their **** together, but that ain't happening..

we’re seeing a big surge in cases here in Arizona. I feel for small business owners, but closing down is needed. Too many people are running around carelessly.

with that being said, I missed out in March and will be damned if I miss out again.

We need to mandate masks and not allow gatherings in public, that’s it. No lockdown needed. Just chill dinners....want to watch the game with the homies, do it home take your chances....

My first social gathering was this past weekend with people outside my reg groups....those reg groups were lunch/dinner 2-4 people tops all sitting at table......this weekend 10 people(knew 3 people) at bar in Hoboken NJ....DJ, crowd able to roam anywhere talk to anyone....not as social of a scene as years past, but this is why its spreading....people are being lax....I was this weekend for sure, mistake I ‘ll correct....not worth it....don’t want to get this virus as much fun it is getting out in large groups like in past.....felt good this week but def avoided people as much as possible if by chance I got The COVID

Draftkings!
I expect we lockdown again, thinking I should have sold everything.....really going to give it thought this weekend and maybe sell everything Monday....if its not bloody red by then

What are you guys doing?

Last edited:
I love DraftKings!....not only I ‘m a buyer I ‘m also a loser on their app!
got to get my money back somehow haha

Their 2nd biggest state now is IL....can’t wait for NY! Let’s go!

I think if they reported a month ago by today it would have hit $65....sucks that this COVID going to for sure lead to some bleak weeks for markets.....assuming it does...maybe not? Who knows!

PTON has been super weak. Seeing 99.69 as an inflection point, if lost, 88, 84.
love pins over 62 here for a 70 magnet eventually
ftch, pltr and dkng :pimp: great earnings
keep an eye on fubo. worth a lotto play long term.
regret not buying any u but the guidance was weak. street doesn't care.
Im not as familiar with Fubo, whats the appeal? Is it the streaming of sports? Im sure im missing it

I’m strongly considering going full cash by December. We’re getting refrigerator trucks again. Drove home from my shift and the urgent care lines are around the block again for testing. Seems like a lockdown is inevitable.

Who got them stop losses coming?

I think we see another dip and then you marry whichever gaming stock you think is the one
Can I get some of this game or insight?

If you’re expecting more volatility, a long straddle (or even a strangle) made sense in March & still makes sense now.

FB_IMG_1605394571497.jpg

Im not as familiar with Fubo, whats the appeal? Is it the streaming of sports? Im sure im missing it

Who got them stop losses coming?

Can I get some of this game or insight?
Streaming service thats sports heavy. Has your local sports channels usually (no yes network here but they have sny and msg which is nowhere), 4k capable, can stream 4 games at once and they’re looking to expand into sports betting. If they were smart, they’d work with roku to enable betting straight from your tv in the middle of a game. They’re guiding for high growth which is ambitious (ad revenue is only 7 million dollars, that can grow quickly with the increase in OTT spending in next year’s budgets for these advertisers) but they’re bleeding cash which could lead to dilution/offering. ARPU is $67. It’s high risk, high reward. I have only 25 shares because I’m thinking it either goes to 100 or 0. Not adding until it proves itself but at a one billion dollar market cap, this could very easily run on any good news. Think it’s a very unappreciated story that can fail big time or work well. Boom or bust, don’t use any real size, only play money is my strategy here.

I also picked up a lotto spac play in trne for desktop metals and Im taking a shot on the additive manufacturing/3D printing market with this one. The projected CAGR for this one according to chamath for 2025 is insane so what the hell.25 shares. Either works, or I write it off my taxes in 5 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom