OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Got my first baby stonk today.

46378E39-A87E-4FF5-BEB1-280BFC183CE3.png

アミーゴ アミーゴ what are u doing with the Seattle crib?

No joke johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm isn’t too far off - the market is insane right now. Friend just moved to Seattle (from SF), offered on a $1.52m house and got outbid, all cash at $1.85M.

But I’m actually back at the place now - my fiancé has been back and forth. Need to have a NT get together in Seattle.

Last edited:
I used a short iron condor option strategy on SPCE today. It looked like I was going to close in the money tomorrow. Then, dumb*** Richard Branson decides he wants to fly to space before Jeff Bezos on July 11th and the stock shot up after market hours. Thanks D***. :smh:

gotta put your money somewhere.

I trimmed roku and shop yesterday down to 13% positions and created a 12% cash position. We're due for a pull back. Bids out on TTD, ESTC, COIN, and looking for opportunities elsewhere. Need to dive into CFLT.

MAKE. YOUR. SHOPPING. LISTS.

pull back is coming. we're pretty extended. doesn't mean it'll definitely happen, or be bad. doesn't mean I'd sell everything and go cash.

it means

be

ready

for

opportunity

no one should be *****ing about this next pull back. find your levels in companies with strong fundamentals and be ready.

set bids where you want to be long. I have bids set and I'm debating on the last few ideas I want to add to my list.

never react

be proactive

What some reasons you guys think there will be a pullback? There was a small pullback in March, May, and June.

What some reasons you guys think there will be a pullback? There was a small pullback in March, May, and June.
Statistically, there are three 5% pullbacks a year on average, one 10% pullback a year on average. You can play that assumption or just think that the primary risks to the market (worsening of the pandemic, US-China Relations worsening, or inflation just running too hot), but long term I still think that we're in the midst of another multi-year economic expansion.

We went straight up in growth off the lows and the index has not pulled back. Mean reversion is a real thing. Dip gets bought and we continue higher

Pandemic isn’t worsening. I can tell you for sure hospitilizations aren’t up. The delta variant is mostly affecting countries that are not vaccinated. Also the vaccines we gave are effective against it. For the vaccinated hospitalizations are almost non existent. People are going back to work with more money they had before. From a overview of what’s going on, I don’t think we see a big pullback.

Plus from a pure speculative view, I don’t think theyll ever allow for a bear market in both crypto and stocks at the same time. Def won’t allow for both to be in bull markets either :lol:

Index will pull back 8-10% in October.

growth will have a pull back this summer, probably soon.

another tech crash like we just had? Doubtful

Are we expecting a potential pullback this month (or at minimum, increased volatility) because of the debt ceiling?

I'm assuming there's no way Congress goes on summer break without raising the debt ceiling, but if they don't, there must be a non-zero effect on the markets?

Are we expecting a potential pullback this month (or at minimum, increased volatility) because of the debt ceiling?

I'm assuming there's no way Congress goes on summer break without raising the debt ceiling, but if they don't, there must be a non-zero effect on the markets?
Follow price, everything else is meaningless. Charts say we’re extended and starting to be reigned in. That’s all that matters. July is typically a good month in election years too. Dip gets bought.

Bought a starter in CMLF today. Chart reminds me of TTD before the big run. Liking it against 13.60. Will add more if it hits 12s tho.

Looking into ASPL. Could be interesting with Wheels Up projecting 1B in revenue this year.

they want to be the uber of private jets andthey have access to a large fleet already. Much bigger barrier to entry than uber and this SPAC hasn’t received much attention / hype yet.

i’m considering opening a small postion

Another day passes and Cathy makes just two buys. This has been the case all week. You are literally witnessing a dry up in buying from the biggest actively managed wtd on the street. If she’s not buying up here, there’s a reason for it and you probably shouldn’t either. Buyers dry up first, then sellers come in to try and attract buyers back. Next week should be a nice one for us. Set your bids and be ready.

Back
Top Bottom