OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Why does NXY seem like a good call? Seems like a declining trend until maybe 17.50, no?
I like the growth potential, forward P/E of 10.  20% stake in the new usan oil field.  Somewhat of a general oil play, $OSX looks like it's ready for a turnaround.

NXY has seen a recent breakthrough of the 33 day MA and the 200 with the 33 crossing above the 200 as well. I have a tight stop in
just above $18.

A very speculative play on my part and will probably end up exiting the trade next week unless oil skyrockets.

Just curious, where did you get $17.50?

Can I just say how much I hate weekends? No potential for growth.I'm applying for another options account, this time using my dad's account so I will get approved for sure. I will probably start with May 2012 and January 2013 calls.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Can I just say how much I hate weekends? No potential for growth.I'm applying for another options account, this time using my dad's account so I will get approved for sure. I will probably start with May 2012 and January 2013 calls.

Which broker are you using? Whoever bought butterfly spreads for AAPL made out like bandits these past couple days.

I've just bought some BAC stock. Rising steadily since Dec, and the 52 week high is $14.29, currently @ $9.80. Also had some good news about passing the stress test conducted by the FR in the news, so people are reacting to that. LMK what you think.

http://blogs.wsj.com/deal...l-statements-from-banks/
PS. Just saw the past posts about BAC. Glad to see that others are also looking at BAC.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Which broker are you using? Whoever bought butterfly spreads for AAPL made out like bandits these past couple days.

I use Fidelity. That's not going to change. Fidelity is superior to anything else I've ever used when researching stocks and options. My dad uses Zecco, Sharebuilder and Fidelity. I assume he would be able to get approved on any of those accounts.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Why does NXY seem like a good call? Seems like a declining trend until maybe 17.50, no?
I like the growth potential, forward P/E of 10.  20% stake in the new usan oil field.  Somewhat of a general oil play, $OSX looks like it's ready for a turnaround.

NXY has seen a recent breakthrough of the 33 day MA and the 200 with the 33 crossing above the 200 as well. I have a tight stop in
just above $18.

A very speculative play on my part and will probably end up exiting the trade next week unless oil skyrockets.

Just curious, where did you get $17.50?

The Usan field does seem great and oil seems to keep be rising constantly. I just took a quick look at the chart, kind of seemed like a possibilty of a head shoulder formation? starting from early this year. (But I'm just getting into analysis.)

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Can I just say how much I hate weekends? No potential for growth. I'm applying for another options account, this time using my dad's account so I will get approved for sure. I will probably start with May 2012 and January 2013 calls.

I use Fidelity. That's not going to change. Fidelity is superior to anything else I've ever used when researching stocks and options. My dad uses Zecco, Sharebuilder and Fidelity. I assume he would be able to get approved on any of those accounts.
That's fair, I don't use my broker site to research anything really (partially because I'm with Chuck).  When I was more into Options, OptionsXpress had good GUI, charts and all that I needed.  Even if you don't qualify to trade options (maybe) you may want to check out their stuff.

I'm lucky, I have GS Portal access, that's where most my broker related research comes from.

I just took a quick look at the chart, kind of seemed like a possibilty of a head shoulder formation? starting from early this year. (But I'm just getting into analysis.)

I can sorta see that but I charted it more as a uptrend channel.  My stop is just below the lower trendline, or the neckline in your view.

The trendline has held up well the past 3 days and support at the 200 day MA of $18.65 should be strong.

Yeah I can see that happening, well it most likely will come down to oil prices in the near future.

You guys have any other stocks that show good potential?
I'm thinking BMW which is kind of expensive and seems to be at a high and may drop for a slight correction, but I think the sales of the new 5 and 3 series should be strong over the Q2 and Q3.

Or Volkswagen seem extremely cheap as well.

What do ya'll think of BAC?

Yeah I can see that happening, well it most likely will come down to oil prices in the near future.

You guys have any other stocks that show good potential?
I'm thinking BMW which is kind of expensive and seems to be at a high and may drop for a slight correction, but I think the sales of the new 5 and 3 series should be strong over the Q2 and Q3.

Or Volkswagen seem extremely cheap as well.

What do ya'll think of BAC?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...DXPELook it up. If I had free capital right now, that's where it would be going.

I've got $1,200 to invest. Any suggestions of how to invest it for some short term returns?

Originally Posted by iBlink

I've got $1,200 to invest. Any suggestions of how to invest it for some short term returns?

Why short term?
Looking to flip it to a make a decent profit, then invest again. Then repeat said process.

Do you guys think will keep on rising, or will there be a correction? Because it has increased like crazy in the past month....

And Nike seems like a good investment, let's wait and see, but I think I'll be buying some NIke stocks over the summer, then wait for earnings reports of Q3...

Same for Adidas.

As for now, I have no idea what to buy, the rally of the past few months, seems to be coming to an end...

Personally, I'd hold off on Nike until they go down to about the low $90s.  They've been above $100 for a while now, but usually they're trading around the high $80s to mid $90s range.  Unlike Apple, I don't see them releasing anything that would warrant their stocks to stay above $100 unless they report crazy earnings...

Why short term?
Looking to flip it to a make a decent profit, then invest again. Then repeat said process.
Everyone has a different style. No one is better than the other. It all depends on how effectively a trader or investor uses his style.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Do you guys think will keep on rising, or will there be a correction? Because it has increased like crazy in the past month....

And Nike seems like a good investment, let's wait and see, but I think I'll be buying some NIke stocks over the summer, then wait for earnings reports of Q3...

Same for Adidas.

As for now, I have no idea what to buy, the rally of the past few months, seems to be coming to an end...

Personally, I'd hold off on Nike until they go down to about the low $90s.  They've been above $100 for a while now, but usually they're trading around the high $80s to mid $90s range.  Unlike Apple, I don't see them releasing anything that would warrant their stocks to stay above $100 unless they report crazy earnings...
If it falls below 105, I would be out until further notice...

Same for Adidas.

I can see that happening over the next few weeks,where I am personally expecting a slight correction in all markets, with very few exceptions.
DXPE also looks great.

Same for Adidas.

Pretty much what I thought, I don't know about ya'll, but I think there should be a slight correction on the markets after the rally in the past months, no?
DXPE also looks great.

Same for Adidas.

Pretty much what I thought, I don't know about ya'll, but I think there should be a slight correction on the markets after the rally in the past months, no?
DXPE also looks great.
When did you buy DXPE for you to be pushing it so hard? I don't see any real huge news about it, so unless you're looking at standard analytics then I'm not really sure why you would be recommending this stock. What makes it different from the other bull stocks in the market right now?

I look for several consecutive sell off days before calling a top or correction. Contrary to popular belief, the Market does not go into a sharp free fall in one day.

Back
Top Bottom