OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I'm looking for support around 135.50 for the SPY. If that isn't support, next level is 134.43, then 132.69, 130.88, 129.89, and 127.19.

Resistance at 137.51 then 139.26.

Will try to make moves based on these points.

Now I just have to profit from it. I didn't expect to find support at 135.50. Caught me off guard.

I think we will be revisiting it shortly though.

Edit: There haven't really been any super attractive entries. 135.50 didn't hold. I'm bored. I'll revist later.

Last edited:
I'm sitting tight. I have some capital to deploy, but there's too much noise in the market for me. A good position may turn sour too quickly, as it is right now.

This was interesting this morning:

Sold some AAPL commons. Used half of my available cash toward July 700/710 BCS. The cash from the commons will be free to use next week. Will plan on slowly deploying it once a stable uptrend is confirmed.

Had to be some sort of fluke 100 shares sold at that price then fell back to where it was before. WTH?

Last edited:
Yeah don't know if those were fraudulent or fat finger trades. I wasn't seeing any news about it either yesterday. I thought I was in the matrix for a second.

That's capitulation baby. I'm a little peeved that I was busy interviewing all day. Definitely would have thrown every last bit of cash I had the instant that bounced off 505.

Now holding commons, Apr 695/710s and Jul 700/710s. Looking to deploy more cash next week.

That's capitulation baby. I'm a little peeved that I was busy interviewing all day. Definitely would have thrown every last bit of cash I had the instant that bounced off 505.
Now holding commons, Apr 695/710s and Jul 700/710s. Looking to deploy more cash next week.
Interview again today. Still looking to get back in.

Best one day gain ever for my portfolio.

Interview again today. Still looking to get back in.

Best one day gain ever for my portfolio.

Big day in the market. :smokin Christmas time is usually good for the market.

Strong, strong day.

My holdings (all AAPL):

Commons
Jan13 550/560
Apr 690/715 (mistyped that last post)
Jul 700/710
Oct 700/715

Sitting on only 5% cash at this point.

11/26 watch list
ACI - over 6.80 for run to 7.25
ALXA - over 5.50 for run to 6
BAC - long over 10
BBY - over under 12
DNDN - if stays above 4.40 for run to 5+
FB - watch over under 24.80 -everybody is looking for the gap fill
HTZ - looking for volume for long over 15
LEN - short watch -good entry at 39.50
M - over under 42
NOK - long watch -3.50s entry stop at 3.30
SNV - long over 2.38 for 2.60s -risk to 2.33

11/26 watch list
ACI - over 6.80 for run to 7.25
ALXA - over 5.50 for run to 6
BAC - long over 10
BBY - over under 12
DNDN - if stays above 4.40 for run to 5+
FB - watch over under 24.80 -everybody is looking for the gap fill
HTZ - looking for volume for long over 15
LEN - short watch -good entry at 39.50
M - over under 42
NOK - long watch -3.50s entry stop at 3.30
SNV - long over 2.38 for 2.60s -risk to 2.33

Usually when EVERYBODY is looking for something to happen, it does not. :wink:

Lord. Upswing has been so quick that I'm not even getting a chance to scale my way in. Content with my positions though.

I think the GPS selloff is unwarranted at these figures. Missed The Streets expectations by .6% on Nov sales but were still positive YoY.

expecting Apple to announce a special dividend. i'll be surprised if they don't
I greatly prefer an enhanced buy back.

BF.B today is a great example of why you should do exactly the opposite of whatever Goldman says. Downgrades it to a buy this AM, it sells off 3%, then the institutions buy back in. They announced a $4.00 special dividend earlier this week. Would have been a great buy if I had enough cash to make it worth while.

Back
Top Bottom