OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Told my pop to cop Fannie Mae when it was at .27...

he thought i was crazy... but bought $2900 worth..

he's sitting pretty now... :pimp:

I told him he needs to develop an exit strategy... or atleast diversify... but he's getting greedy.

Bought into AMD at 2.35 around beginning of April, sold it for 4.26 two weeks ago or so. Got pretty lucky when it bursted from xbox hype, but considering it was bound to go up I kept it. Putting my money into 3D printing, mostly DDD and SSYS due to them each going up like 15 bucks/share the last month and the industry is bound to boom. Fannie Mae was like 70 cents/share in here about two months ago haha, nice to see it rise.

Last edited:
I have always meant to get into the market, but have no idea where to even begin starting and don't really have too much of a non-essentials cashflow. Any options for me to invest right now or am I in a research phase by default until I get my financials up?

I gave you guys a lot of gems this time last year. GS, LNKD, TSLA, NFLX all going bonkers. :x

I remember when you posted in here a while ago on tesla.....i had it marked when you said it at 24.03.....should have bought :smh:

Keep up the good stuff man really appreciate lurking this thread

I gave you guys a lot of gems this time last year. GS, LNKD, TSLA, NFLX all going bonkers. :x

I remember when you posted in here a while ago on tesla.....i had it marked when you said it at 24.03.....should have bought :smh:

Keep up the good stuff man really appreciate lurking this thread

Glad I can help. Speaking of which, SCTY was a good look too and Elon Musk also happens to be part of it.

Last edited:
Market rallies over the next few months, just a wild guess since the bears are still calling tops. Market has a tendency to do what is least expected. As far as the next year or so, I think LNKD really sprouts some wings. I also like BIDU and SINA for the same time frame.

Purchased 526 shares of fannie mae at 3.60 longterm and 126 shares of kors going into tomorrows earnings

It's never too late to learn. "Class is always in session"

What are your goals with investing?

I'm about a quarter into "the Intelligent Investor" in order to get a beginner's grasp of markets. I'm enjoying it so far and as a Stats Major/Econ minor, I'm able to follow along with Graham's writing style. The commentary is good too.

What are you guys' thoughts about the book? Too old school?

Any book/blog/website recommendations that can help me get started and follow this thread along further?

I told him he needs to develop an exit strategy... or atleast diversify... but he's getting greedy.

nice!

I thought I got in too late to the TSLA party, but it made me a cool $800 from today's rally alone :lol: :pimp:

Now I need to figure out when to get out, if at all :\

Market rallies over the next few months, just a wild guess since the bears are still calling tops. Market has a tendency to do what is least expected. As far as the next year or so, I think LNKD really sprouts some wings. I also like BIDU and SINA for the same time frame.

Keep posting

I have always meant to get into the market, but have no idea where to even begin starting and don't really have too much of a non-essentials cashflow. Any options for me to invest right now or am I in a research phase by default until I get my financials up?

I'm no expert, but if you don't have money to play with, don't do it. For the most part, the market's unpredictable. This year's been good for practically EVERYBODY, but if things fall by the wayside on your investments, it's RIP to you.

nice!

:x :x :x

Come up

Last edited:

mirin, whats his total right now? i cant do the math :lol:

told my brother to buy it when it was around $1.30ish.. look at it now in just a week

if i had cash i would have threw some down SMH

I was offered a discount of 15% off JetBlue stocks, should I jump on it? When I checked it today it was a little over $6.

TSLA and NFLX want to climb more IMO.

Be careful with Fannie Mae, it's a penny stock and very easy to pump. Not saying which way it's going to go, just letting you guys know the risk associated with it.

Last edited:
Any advice for those of us still with an AAPL position? Is it time to get out? :smile:

When did you get in? How long do you plan to hold it? I think it can rise over the next few months along with the general market IMO, it just won't be as explosive as the recently crowned leaders.

Well there are the pullbacks in TSLA and FNMA for anyone still looking to get long. I closed out Fannie at 4 yesterday. RSI > 95 was my sell signal

anybody look at the large cap industrial names? TXT, UTX, HON, ETN, IR, etc...
or the Rails?

I'm still new to all this and plan on holding for a while but I have a few shares of the IYT etf fund and UNP, they've been doing well and I was looking at CSX too since it's cheap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom