OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

znga announced that they're abandoning real money gambling

good thing i withheld from picking up some shares

Last edited:
After reading about options I feel like a whole new world has been opened :lol:. Definitely understand the heavy risk associated with it but I like that you're not obligated to buy when you place a call option, so you only lose the initial outlay....but some of the possible profits are :wow: :wow: sheesh

After reading about options I feel like a whole new world has been opened :lol:. Definitely understand the heavy risk associated with it but I like that you're not obligated to buy when you place a call option, so you only lose the initial outlay....but some of the possible profits are :wow: :wow: sheesh

its just like sports betting

its just like sports betting

Yeah...that's what it reminded me of honestly :lol: I didn't think it was so speculative but it's interesting how it works

Your most effective means of writing options is to learn the strategies. Writing options with out knowing the possible strategies reduces your probability of a winning trade

Gotta be optimistic if you own $FB

One of the least levered tech giants and they still have instagram in their back pocket, which I see people only clamoring too more. IG should be big once they monetize it.

Your most effective means of writing options is to learn the strategies. Writing options with out knowing the possible strategies reduces your probability of a winning trade

I don't think most of the folks here are looking to or have the means to write options. But it's the way to go, trading them is generally a losers game.

Freaky the funny thing is. If you don't have much money options are your better bet to get ur money up. U and I know the real tho. Most people just get bogged down by all the jargon to doing it. It's worth learning and it not that hard once you figure it out.

Freaky the funny thing is. If you don't have much money options are your better bet to get ur money up. U and I know the real tho. Most people just get bogged down by all the jargon to doing it. It's worth learning and it not that hard once you figure it out.

Well, the thought of undefined risk is scary to some if not most people. Do you write options, if so what kind of spreads and time horizon usually?

Last edited:
I've read a few things saying that selling puts (which I guess is similar to placing calls?) is a good way to make additional income on a stock you already own if you're bullish on it too...but I still need to read more/see examples to totally understand it

Back
Top Bottom