OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Honestly, I feel like dude never brought any junk stocks into this thread. He always pushed or mentioned companies that have been on my watch-list since 2011.

Freaky what's your option strategy? Like do you trade the weeklys, deep out of the money calls, etc. I'm looking to get into options so if you or anyone else has reading material, please distribute.

I don't mean to throw shade, but he did pump one stock that didn't turn out too well. He wrote an entire blog entry about it, but removed it a few months later. I talked to a couple guys who frequent this thread about it. Nobody is perfect of course, but this stock was definitely suspect. However, I have no problems with him whatsoever even after recent events.

I usually buy contracts right at the money a few weeks out. It's just what seems to work best for me. I think I read investopedia and a couple generic options books that you can probably find on Amazon.

Sold my AAPL calls today, with the intention of placing an order for some $920 GOOG calls ahead of earnings.....got caught up in meetings and didn't get a chance to confirm my order.......yeeaaaah.

:x

Honestly, I feel like dude never brought any junk stocks into this thread. He always pushed or mentioned companies that have been on my watch-list since 2011.

Freaky what's your option strategy? Like do you trade the weeklys, deep out of the money calls, etc. I'm looking to get into options so if you or anyone else has reading material, please distribute.

I don't mean to throw shade, but he did pump one stock that didn't turn out too well. He wrote an entire blog entry about it, but removed it a few months later. I talked to a couple guys who frequent this thread about it. Nobody is perfect of course, but this stock was definitely suspect. However, I have no problems with him whatsoever even after recent events.

I usually buy contracts right at the money a few weeks out. It's just what seems to work best for me. I think I read investopedia and a couple generic options books that you can probably find on Amazon.
My apologies, I only saw his posts about P, FIO, INTL, ORCL—didn't know about that blog stuff.

Was that stock a penny stock? You remember its ticker?

Few weeks out sounds good, was looking for that time frame to do some watching. I remember DaJokka messed around with options five + months down the line. I guess every strategy varies with every stock and person.

What you guys think about DRYS and HIMX?

Last edited:
From the market makers perspective, wouldn't it be in their best interest to run everything up today (Friday) since most people feel optimistic now that the government shut down is supposedly resolved. Then gap down on Monday to cause panic selling?

Last edited:
From the market makers perspective, wouldn't it be in their best interest to run everything up today (Friday) since most people feel optimistic now that the government shut down is supposedly resolved. Then gap down on Monday to cause panic selling?

IMO it could be more of a stock picker's market going fwd. Reward the good, punish the bad. This is actually in-line with the flattish nature of the major indices over the past 3 months or so.

IMO it could be more of a stock picker's market going fwd. Reward the good, punish the bad. This is actually in-line with the flattish nature of the major indices over the past 3 months or so.

You might be right, but I'm trying to figure out how to profit over the next few days first for now. :lol:

D
Dow is the only index that appears to be trading sideways. S&p and nasdaq are still on an uptrend

Sold my AAPL calls today, with the intention of placing an order for some $920 GOOG calls ahead of earnings.....got caught up in meetings and didn't get a chance to confirm my order.......yeeaaaah.

:x

tumblr_m7jt9gV6xN1qej3f8.gif

10 seconds after the closing bell yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom