OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Congrats with those AMTD calls :pimp:

I picked up 10 June $70 JPM calls at .10 today. Bit of a speculative play. Risk is 100 bucks with a decent reward if the breakout continues.

Also grabbed some INTC Oct $30 calls at .28. Thinking this one fills that gap up in the 26s.

Last edited:
I've been reading into options lately, but I'm still not sure how to go about this. I get the basic i.e. reading the charts, how to buy/sell contracts, etc. But I'm still uneasy about how to figure what's a good call or good put.

How do you measure return? Anyone with advice? Examples? :nerd:

What's with the discrepancy in the indexes? Nasdaq lagging

How much lower is DDD and SSYS gonna go? :nerd: Just saw HP is planning on getting in the game :wow:

Glad you didn't go through with selling DDD puts JRS :lol:

Last edited:
once i heard DDD had patents that were expiring and 4d printing making its way into the market, i had to be bearish on DDD

3D printers are the most important invention since the smart phone. Which stock will prevail or gain the most? I don't know.

Man I fudged my GRNH swing all up. Accumulated with risk on .40 support. Had .465 average. It hit .70 two separate days and I was up about 50% on my position. Didn't book any profits and the stock slid to .51 today. I sold at .515, the bottom of the day for five cents a share for about 13% gain. I never established an exit plan once the break of .50 occurred which cost me. I didn't have a concrete stop or profit targets. Decent profits bitter sweet learning experience

HP has been known about trying to break into this industry for a couple of years. Looks like they only now have a refined product on the way. Interesting to see how well it will work.

SSYS is the strongest one to me right now. Usually rebounds quickly off its lows but the sector overall is in a downtrend and probably bring rotated out of for the time being.

The best way to play this sector for the meantime may be via software like ADSK. Been waiting for a nice pullback there to maybe take a position. Ton of research I still need to do. Might be better cheaper plays. Not sure.

MONDAY

after

SONC - Sonic Corp

TUESDAY

before

CCL - Carnival Corp
GII - G-III Apparel Group
WAG - Walgreen

after

FIVE - Five Below
PVH - PVH Corp

WEDNESDAY

before

MOV - Movado Group

after

PAYX - Paychex

THURSDAY

before

ACN - Accenture
GME- GameStop
LULU - Lululemon Athletica

after

RH - Restoration Hardware
RHT - Red Hat

FRIDAY

before

BBRY - BlackBerry
FINL - Finish Line
LGIH - LGI Homes

GME, LULU, RHT, BBRY :nerd:

Last edited:
Curious to see what PAYX reports.

LULU should be fun.

I think GME offers a sick short in the next few years. I just don't see the used video game business going anywhere but lower with the ability to buy games straight to your system. Yeah, you'll still have folks wanting to save money buying used games, but eventually, the disc gets phased out, right? I say Gamestop goes private within the next decade.

GOOG, FB and FEYE have my attention. Not trying to catch a falling knife so I'm patiently watching, but these three are getting close to finding their footing.

Sort of surprised gold is down today, but not really.

MJ stocks cooking

All major indexes getting slammed though, so much red :lol:

Last edited:
I guess the question is, get out or weather the storm?

Also, you guys seeing any really nice buying opportunities? 

Back
Top Bottom