OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

From ST email:

Chart of the Week
@allstarcharts: A rare (bearish) diamond top in the nasdaq100 $QQQ should we care? (One of the best technical analysts on the site thinks we should.)

original_21261563.png

my yamana calls look like crap as well.

think the market is just pressing reset and the stronger names will rebound. this pullback has been needed.

hopefully JPM closes over 61 today and gets on trucking to 70 :nerd:

JDST done came up today :x Never saw that kind of move for opposite despite all of the bullishness in gold/miners all year

The only bright spot for me today: BONT. Effing random :lol:

Last edited:
SPY surprisingly doesn't look too bad, even though my brokerage account thinks otherwise:

Capture123123123.png

To me at least.

so this is time to buy, right? isnt that how the big boys play?
some of these stocks are bear flagging a little bit so you gotta pick your spots. for the most part though, these are the days where you look for those relief bounces and quick scalps. we've had a nice run in equities and a breather is healthy, so don't rush into anything. do your DD and follow the instincts within you.

I missed CARA's bounce off 15.40s today since I didn't have it on screen. Think this retests that area tomorrow and I'll evaluate my game plan then. I'm in no rush to take a position in another pharmaceutical, though. Especially one with low volume.

HART looks decent on this weakness though.

About to start learning stocks. Think its time to play a grown mans game
Welcome to the club. Just understand that this is most likely the toughest thing you'll ever do and you need to study and learn like a med student to really become great. don't get discouraged. take your time, be patient, paper trade, and study study study. don't look at the gains others are making and try to be like them. focus on trading well and being consistent and eventually you'll bank. just be patient, trade well and learn. respect your rules, never let a winner turn into a loser, and don't get hung up when you miss bigger runs (i.e. selling a stock too quickly)—there's always another trade out there.

Last edited:
ive changed me view on a possible market collapse. i dont see it being a possible flight to precious metals at all now. im pretty sure its gonna be a flight to a fiat currency. whether the euro, dollar, or yuan im not sure.

bubbles be bursting in china
fed is tapering and everyone knows they are full of it
japan doing their own QE

the other possibility i have is war. war is the best scape goat for economic downturns. maybe china would troll on japan over some damn islands and get people working with guns.

HIMX is getting slaughtered but I'm staying in for the long term.  Google just signed a deal with Ray Ban and Oakley to bring the google glasses to their frames. 

Last edited:
Bull trap indeed.

Market's provided some really nice learning experiences past few days if you were on the sidelines watching.

Got an order open for MDCN at 2.30. Looking to grab 600 shares. Couldn't get a fill this morning before it popped back to 2.50, let's see if I get one here.

B of A downgraded HIMX today. Wonder if they'll be involved in GOOG's deal with Oakley and Ray-Bans.

Bull trap indeed.

Market's provided some really nice learning experiences past few days if you were on the sidelines watching.

Got an order open for MDCN at 2.30. Looking to grab 600 shares. Couldn't get a fill this morning before it popped back to 2.50, let's see if I get one here.

B of A downgraded HIMX today. Wonder if they'll be involved in GOOG's deal with Oakley and Ray-Bans.
They will.  They provide component parts that make the google glass work.  The deal with Oakley and Ray-Bans puts the google glass technology inside their frames making a stylish high-tech item.  In my opinion it is just a waiting game for the glasses to come out.

Back
Top Bottom