OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

SCTY: LONG

I am a buyer at current levels (I own 5,000 @ an avg px of 53.75)  and maintain extra money to avg down and build position (best buys are at 53.50 and below)... stock is a bit of a war of attrition but maintaing good entry points and scalping gains while keeping a core positions and you can easily use it as a basis to make 3-5% in a trading day.

Over the winter I had the opportunity to have a small segment on news channel 8 and the station was even kind enough to advertise my fund. I will be reprising my role in the coming weeks. I will keep you posted; I look forward to some of you calling in.

Good Luck Trading

Last edited:
Fannie Mae up >10% today.. been all over this move past couple weeks. Ideally, I would like to see some higher consolidation for a few days so I can backup the truck. Target is 7-8 this run

Been waiting for a post-ack pullback but it hasn't really come.

AKAM is a name to watch today. I offered 54.10 pre-market at 5:52am and it was lifted. I will be playing the name all day. 

SCHW long level 26.35 or better

my position 12,000 26.35..... resistance will be around 26.62.... if it can break that with volume 26.86

Last edited:
CWCO :x :smh: glad I didn't buy any yet.. clear downtrend on the daily

HK doing alright up nearly 10% since posted here

Snagged some 4.50s this am FNMA

INAP consolidating a bit and trying to hold the 200-dma after two big green candles. Looks to be starting a new up trend

Opened a TSLA short swing near 189. Chart looks like a bear flag. Risk on 191.50

Was looking at this recent TSLA pop as well for a possible short.

Added a little MDCN past couple of days, 1/4 size with an avg of 1.62.

Wiz, Technical Analysis Using Multiple Time Frames by Brian Shannon came in. Gonna give it a read later.

FSPM halted I believe. SEC issued a statement to be weary of marijuana stocks.

this facebook chart is looking good here

>

before

CPB - Campbell Soup

after

URBN - Urban Outfitters

>

before

DKS - ****'s Sporting Goods
HD - Home Depot
MDT - MedtroniC
RRGB - Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
SPLS - Staples
TJX - TJX Companies

after

ADI - Analog Devices
CRM - Salesforce.com
LQ - La Quinta Holdings
UVV - Universal Corporation
VSAT - ViaSat

>

before

AEO - American Eagle Outfitters
HRL - Hormel Foods
LOW - Lowe's
MMYT - MakeMyTrip
TGT - Target
TIF - Tiffany & Co

after

LB - L Brands
NTAP - NetApp
WSM - Williams-Sonoma

>

before

BBY - Best Buy
DLTR - Dollar Tree
SHLD - Sears Holdings

after

ARO - Aeropostale
ARUN - Aruba Networks
GME - GameStop
GPS - The Gap
HPQ - Hewlett-Packard
MRVL - Marvell Technology Group
ROST - Ross Stores
TFM - The Fresh Market

>

FL - Foot Locker

Nail in the coffin for ARO? :nerd:

I wonder if that hedge fund still has that stake in ARO that they announced when it was around 8-9 bucks a share.

saw this in IU chat via @markflowchatter didn't read but if any of you are involved or interested in AKAM might be worth looking into

AKAM -- negative -- Comcast launching new service to bypass network middlemen like AKAM - Exclusive: New competition for $AKAM $LVLT $LLNW in the U.S. theinformation.com/As-TV-Battles https://www.theinformation.com/As-T...livery?token=7380fd39dbc70d37c654a0ec27494c5c

That book is pretty decent, Wiz. Halfway through it and some of the stuff early on at least was a little basic but it's great having those correct concepts reinforced. Gonna try and finish it off the next day or so. Kinda wish I read this book a year ago and worked out all of those bad habits I had.

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question but I'm new to stocks I bought 250 shares at 24cents a piece back in Dec and I just looked at my portfolio and realized the current value is $61.25 a share at +44.12% change how much would I really cash if I sell? And should I or should I just wait a bit

^ what stock is it? you didn't mention the name or symbol and you would have the selling price (61.25) multiplied by the amount of shares you own (250)

Last edited:
^ what stock is it? you didn't mention the name or symbol and you would have the selling price (61.25) multiplied by the amount of shares you own (250)

EAHC ..... Quantity it says 250 ...then it also says last price 24 cents and current value is $61.25 % change +44.12%

EAHC ..... Quantity it says 250 ...then it also says last price 24 cents and current value is $61.25 % change +44.12%

current value is 24 cents a share not $61.25.
$61.25 is probably the total value of your 250 stocks, if you sell that is what you get total

Last edited:
I cashed out on APHD night in March at around .03 cents. jumped to .08 cents today . made out like a mouse at night for for a profit of about $300

This might be a stupid question but I'm new to stocks I bought 250 shares at 24cents a piece back in Dec and I just looked at my portfolio and realized the current value is $61.25 a share at +44.12% change how much would I really cash if I sell? And should I or should I just wait a bit

Cmon son.

Also, it's a bad idea to buy $60 worth of stocks and pay the ~$10 in commission for that transaction. Already down 20% the second the order is executed :x Then you pay another ~$10 to recoup your investment.

Gotcha thanks fam

No offense, but if you need to ask this, I'm not sure you should even be messing with stocks right now...what you're asking has nothing to do with stocks but rather the most basic rudimentary concept of buying and selling.

First and foremost do I know you?!? I asked that question for a reason and obv I misread it you ain't help with answer so keep it moving pimp.

Cmon son.

Also, it's a bad idea to buy $60 worth of stocks and pay the ~$10 in commission for that transaction. Already down 20% the second the order is executed :x Then you pay another ~$10 to recoup your investment.

Again I misread it let it go.

Cmon son.

Again I misread it let it go.

You're so gracious for the advice I'm giving to those with smaller capital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom