OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

WWE is trending again :nerd:

like WWE bottoming chart.. had that on my watch list last week or week before.. it's a blur

Loaded up TVIX 3.50s today. I should have locked some in around 4 today but I was at the gym. Only longs I have are starter FNMA 1/4 size position and CNAT. I have hard stops on both

Also really like JDST chart.. I know it's bear junior gold miners but I don't really care. I would love to see gold fly if the markets get ugly but who knows it's all manipulated. I'm just trading what I see, price and volume

How do yall feel about the iBillionaire ETF (IBLN)? I heard they were trying to get it done and got an email today promoting it. trading just under $25 right now. Going to do some more research about it before I decide on whether to get in or not.

Any email promotions I would stay far away from at this point. I think that way of pumping stocks is toast

wizards23 wizards23 I only got it because I have the iBillionaire app. But I feel you on that. I'm not sold on it yet, it's a great idea and holds some great stocks in the portfolio (though I would've opted for Wells Fargo over Citigroup) I'm gon keep an eye on it to see how it plays for at least a month. Especially with everybody playing scared w/ the Middle East, Russia, and ebola outbreak news, don't want to go long and regret it.

yea good idea to let it trade out for a bit and get a feel. You never know with these new issues

@thenotablecalls: $TSLA - 'Despite the success of Model S, we think Model X has the potential to be far more successful and a much better value,' Jonas adds.

@thenotablecalls: $TSLA - MSCO: Tesla is trying very hard to contain its excitement ahead of the Model X launch... but this is increasingly difficult to do.

@thenotablecalls: $TSLA - MSCO: We’d be disappointed if the Model X did not sweep every major Car of the Year award on offer by the automotive media

Interesting stuff. How many people are gonna rush to but a TSLA tho? Like what they're working on but idk man. Just don't like car stocks in general. This 1 has growth potential since basically no one owns a TSLA but are people gonna run to buy a new car as the economy continues to weaken? Next car I want will be a TSLA but that's 10 years out since I'm not tryna deal with any debt or predatory loans and my car is a 2007 in great shape.

Sprint. Ouch.

FSLR seems to always gap down after ER and end up green :stoneface:

Good to see NUS down again. Not sure how these pyramid schemes are legal.

Sprint. Ouch.

FSLR seems to always gap down after ER and end up green :stoneface:

Good to see NUS down again. Not sure how these pyramid schemes are legal.

glad i picked up some FSLR shares early in the day. i'm long on the stock, looks like it bounced off its 200 SMA

still worried the market isnt done correcting though, S&P may tick down to 1850 :nerd:

Last edited:
Good stuff Shook. Like Based said, seems like they shake you down after FSLR earnings and ramp that ***** right back up. Hopefully the market cooperates and it keeps ripping.

Added another 100 shares of MDCN at 1.30. Basically 3/4 size so far at a 1.47 average.

Watch o/u 190 on the SPY if we get there. Could be a bounce spot potentially if it holds. Don't get too biased though, just have a plan.

Last edited:
What stocks/ETFs, if any, are you guys holding for the long, long term?

I have a handful of different Vanguard ETFs in my Roth that I don't actively manage, only adding onto them each year when I'm maxing out. Have TSLA and F in my brokerage account that I plan on keeping a while.

I've got some BRZG I accumulated here at .0001. Total turd, but they did a name change so I'm banking on a random pump sometime in the future (million shares was like 100 bucks so said screw it worth the gamble). Some bidders came back today after being away for a few weeks. Been under heavy dilution but there's really nowhere to go but up. It's a bet through and through.

MDCN obviously

Grabbed a couple of SYRG Dec $12.50 calls today. Lot of unusual activity from guys selling puts.

AMRN 20 $2 calls for December. Liked the contrarian bet that Feurstein wrote about. Gamble.

4 SRPT Jan $40 calls. Wanted to be prepared in case news came out overnight and it had a big gap/run like the last time it hit the 40s.

I'm looking to add an S&P hedge on more strength, and I wanna get in the water trade a little eventually. Would love to swing AAPL calls but I need either a nice sell off or some clarity from the market/a trend to develop.

Anything else, I'd rather day trade at the moment.

I need to get a Roth going. Would be more willing to add longterm stocks in there than my current account.

I've got some BRZG I accumulated here at .0001. Total turd, but they did a name change so I'm banking on a random pump sometime in the future (million shares was like 100 bucks so said screw it worth the gamble). Some bidders came back today after being away for a few weeks. Been under heavy dilution but there's really nowhere to go but up. It's a bet through and through.
I might have to join you on that just to see what happens
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I've been out of the market for a minute because I wasn't seeing much opportunity for investing, but I can't shake this itch to gamble a little
mean.gif

Forgot I picked up 1,000 shares of GRLT at $0.20 a couple months ago.  The thing is still burning me
mean.gif

Last edited:
Stopped out of CNAT and FNMA today

TVIX doing it tho. They tried to hit me with the head fake this morning. I ain't falling for that bs. This could get interesting /ES breached 1900 hmm

ZNGA is such garbage :lol:

Anybody looking to short/buy puts KING? I see them being a one-hit-wonder with Candy Crush, just like ZNGA and Farmville.

SRPT's a turd :lol: :smh:

Tryna get out of my AMRN calls at .50 per contract. Just under a double, left an order to close open for 60 days at .50. Wanna raise some cash here. Took the SYRG calls off this morning for scratch—didn't like the price action.

FDA putting a partial hold on TKMR's drug now. Never got a piece of that trade but I'm just glad I nailed the idea at $10 with it being a former runner starting to perk up at the time.

I took a call butterfly on SCTY before the close. Need $81 to get max profit there tomorrow morning. 78-81-84 Aug 8s.

Closed the SCTY butterfly with the stock in 79 for scratch. Burned commissions here but didn't lose anything else. Don't wanna take any chance that this thing gets slapped under 78.

Hey is anybody looking to go long Under Armour (UA) stock with rumors of KD signing?  Him withdrawing from the USA team leads me to believe he's leaning towards doing that soon.  Right now its near a 52 week high and it's been trending up for awhile.

Thought about it, but is it possible that they make their money back on this deal? Seems steep to be honest, what is it 30 mill a year roughly for 10 years. Gotta look at their financials. Anyone know how much NKE makes off KD's shoes currently?

Glad I closed that SCTY fly. Starting to really love respecting my stops :lol: took me a while.

Decent little read from one of the IU guys. Dude's 22 and a high school dropout but he's a beast when it comes to trading. Shows that it's possible to do work if you study, develop a plan and manage risk.

http://derricktrades.blogspot.com/2014/08/risk-management.html

You see me do it daily in chat room, but let's talk about it!

How do you determine if a trade is worth it?

When you short is the fade worth more then the perk?

Vice versa, is the long worth battling into the downside?

Here are some tips.

Tip 1) Have a 2/1-3/1 ratio or more. 1/1 ratio or 1/1.5 ratio isn't really worth it

Example -Say you buy ticker $DANG at $15.15 your risk is $15 for potential reward of hod at $15.35. 1/1.5 ratio not worth it. -Now lets say you buy it at $15 and your risk is break below $15 but reward its $15.35 thats a 3.5/1 ratio.

Tip 2) Knowing when to cut losses.

Example - If your set risk was .10-.20-.30 and so forth. Respect your rules don't add into a loser. Unless you have a final stop in play. Yes I do dip buy and say if this goes to this price I'll add but if it hits this price I'm out. - In order for you to be profitable its about your odds, nothing more and nothing less.

Tip 3) If your emotionally compromised, then cut the day short. Don't force.

Example -If you never play with size and you start to after big losses, you're #$%%^ed -Block out all emotions, don't worry about next months bills. If you do you're #$%%ed Need I say more about this Tip?

Tip 4) Plan your 3 E's -Entering -Exiting -Escaping

Tip 5) Use Limit orders vs Market orders

Tip 6) Have a Plan!!!!

See you in the chat room!

Thanks for reading,

Derrick Leon

Last edited:
TKMR damn near double since your initial post JRS :x

Hey is anybody looking to go long Under Armour (UA) stock with rumors of KD signing?  Him withdrawing from the USA team leads me to believe he's leaning towards doing that soon.  Right now its near a 52 week high and it's been trending up for awhile.

Thought about it, but is it possible that they make their money back on this deal? Seems steep to be honest, what is it 30 mill a year roughly for 10 years. Gotta look at their financials. Anyone know how much NKE makes off KD's shoes currently?

Glad I closed that SCTY fly. Starting to really love respecting my stops :lol: took me a while.

$325M for 10 years? :x

People weren't buying up his Nikes (minus special releases), there's no way people are going to be lining out the door KD's UA shoes. I don't think investors are gonna be too happy.

Power of a former runner in the middle of catalyst/pandemic. Helps that shorts fell over themselves and got squeezed a little. These ebola stocks are this week's weed/fuel cell stocks. Getting bubbly now.

Yeah fundy wise, Idk how this UA deal is gonna be. If you want to play UA, have a plan and trade the trend. Cracks 66.20 probably fills the gap to the downside. Could be a good buying op then. I'd have a stop around there if I was trading it currently (although that's wider than my preferred risk).

Last edited:
Im going long UA with a stop order at 62, it might go past 75 if/when he does sign.  Not sure of all the fundamentals but the speculation alone could drive the stock up, and UA's been doing pretty good this year anyway, and football seasons coming up, and football is what they do.  So Im gonna buy.

TKMR damn near double since your initial post JRS
sick.gif

$325M for 10 years?
sick.gif

People weren't buying up his Nikes (minus special releases), there's no way people are going to be lining out the door KD's UA shoes. I don't think investors are gonna be too happy.
Theyve beat earnings every quarter tho

Back
Top Bottom