OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Don't see it very often with these "momentum" stocks, but TSLA ended up flat after reporting. Interdasting.

Is this a cup with handle forming on the weekly chart?

1476674dfd1406860076.png

Last edited:
Stopped out on AAPL here. Don't like how it's failed at 96, gone green/red and given up the .50s. Will reenter if there's a trend. Right now, we're on the backside of the daily chart so I may just consider day trading instead of swinging this one for the interim.

Stopped out on AAPL here. Don't like how it's failed at 96, gone green/red and given up the .50s. Will reenter if there's a trend. Right now, we're on the backside of the daily chart so I may just consider day trading instead of swinging this one for the interim.
If I sell now I break even, will probably end the day at 97 I believe.

Just bounced off yesterday's lows. Of course after I sell to avoid that next crack and fade. Gets through 96 and holds it should keep trending.

The S&P monthly chart is still in a strong uptrend - need more downside to break trend. I think we are near the top tho

Glad I stopped out of FEYE yesterday. At 32.57 now.

Have a plan guys, only bad trade is the one that's made without a plan or risk in mind.

AAPL bounced off yesterday's lows again basically. Should've been more aware of that. Let's see if it could get through the .60s

Solars getting smacked all around.

LOCO.....looking for lower highs and I'm finna short that besh

Didn't jump back into AAPL but I probably should've for a trade on that higher low to .45 and risked to .30. Could've added on the break of .70 too if I had taken a starter.

Glad I at least didn't fight the trend with this one earlier in the day.

Thought about 96 weeklies at .20 coulda sold them at .50. Got a little too complacent/thought about taking the rest of the day off and missed an easy trade. Next time.

Last edited:
Nah that one got away from me and I didn't wanna chase it. Might have some more legs honestly, who knows. I remember before the initial run to 30s analysts were giving out some lofty price targets. But then the drug got put on hold for some reason. Chart looks ok though if you get in on a weak open or something. Doesn't have as much volume as some of the other biotech's.

Thinking about possibly taking a couple of SDS Jan $30 calls on strength in the overall market to hedge my portfolio. Gotta look at it better when I'm at the computer but I like the concept at the moment if the market does correct.

> August 4

before

KORS - Michael Kors

after

CNQR - Concur Technologies
ECOM - ChannelAdvisor
GTAT - GT Advanced Technologies
MRO - Marathon Oil
PXD - Pioneer Natural Resources
SALE - RetailMeNot
VNR - Vanguard Natural Resources

> August 5

before

COH - Coach
CRZO - Carrizo Oil & Gas
CVS - CVS Caremark
FUN - Cedar Fair
IEP - Icahn Enterprises
MGM - MGM Resorts International
ODP - Office Depot
REGN - Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
SCOR - comScore
ZTS - Zoetis

after

ATVI - Activision Blizzard
CLR - Continental Resources
DIS - Walt Disney Co
EOG - EOG Resources
FEYE - FireEye
FSLR - First Solar
FUEL - Rocket Fuel
GRPN - Groupon
PBPB - Potbelly Corp
TTWO - Take-Two Interactive
Z - Zillow

> Aug 6

before

CHK - Chesapeake Energy
CLH - Clean Harbors
DISH - Dish Network
HFC - HollyFrontier Corp
MDLZ - Mondelez
RL - Ralph Lauren

TAP - Molson Coors Brewing Co.
TWX - Time Warner Inc

after

COUP - Coupons.com
GMCR - Keurig Green Mountain
RAIL - FreightCar America
RIG - Transocean
SYMC - Symantec Corp

> Aug 7

before

DUK - Duke Energy
HAR - Harman International
LINE - Linn Energy
LNCO - LinnCo
SRPT - Sarepta Therapeutics
SSYS - Stratasys
WWAV - WhiteWave Foods

after

ANET - Arista Networks
CBS - CBS Corp
ED - Consolidated Edison
LGF - Lions Gate Entertainment
MNST - Monster Beverage
NVDA - NVIDIA Corp
POST - Post Holdings
SCTY - SolarCity
SFM - Sprouts Farmers Market
ZNGA - Zynga

Some that I have some interest in:

KORS - Lackluster last ER after a HUGE spike the previous one
GTAT - Was at 20 a month ago, 14 now
SALE - I've said pretty much since IPO that I didn't like this stock. Wish I held long-term puts
COH - Seems to do worse each quarter, popularity waning a lot
FEYE - See a lot more upside than downside after dropping from 98 to 33 now
FSLR - Solars haven't been too hot as of late
Z - Been making some moves including buying Trulia, but I wonder if they've been too hot this year. Maybe more downside than up
GMCR - Seems to do well each quarter
SRPT - Interesting bio. Has been up and down
SSYS - 3d printing seems to be slowing down
SCTY - Anything involving Elon Musk is always interesting
SFM - WFM hasn't been too hot. Not the same type of grocer, but eh
ZNGA - Dead money

Last edited:
Adam Feurstein negative on TKMR. Sounds like the secret serum used was made by MAPP Biopharmaceuticals. Shorts were about to get squeezed.

FSLR reporting again. My quarterly reminder to use a stop, and not hold common into earnings reports on high beta stocks.

Last edited:
Yeah, main reason why I was hesitant to chase. Was a great trader though in the interim.

Forbes published an article saying BCRX has a cure for Ebola. They report tomorrow morning. That worries me with the timing of the report. Watch them raise money or something.

GTAT up on solid guidance, short squeeze is definitely gonna drive it up for the next few days. The short interest was 1/3 before earnings...

I've been long and will continue to hold, the previous drop was a buy opportunity. I don't play the short-term gains and this might be my next MU. I'm still in the red though

Last edited:
I check SALE for coupon codes when I need them, but I'd never invest in that stock. See 0 appeal.

AAPL washing out. Watching o/u 94.30s for a bounce. Cracks that, could see the 93s eventually.

Edit:

I've got an order in for a couple of PHO calls March $25s for 1.10 see if it get filled. Keeping it smaller size since I'm viewing this as a hedge and there's low open interest.

PHO hasn't filled, probably won't.

Took a couple of DIS 87.50 Aug 16 calls to play earnings tonight.

Wound up taking it off here with this market emptying out :x

Last edited:
Guy in the IU swing chat posted this chart earlier today with a bear case of 1600 in the S&P. He had an October date in mind, but that seems like a reach. Either way, I've had that 1600 number in mind already as a possible worst case scenario price target if **** started to hit the fan.

Just a FWIW, who knows what happens, with the FED involved anything is possible. I'm still interested in grabbing a couple of SDS calls eventually though. Just ideally, would like to see the SPY peak out around 195 before doing so. Would be a handful since this is a hedge.

Chart from @TraderFlorida

Have a plan if you're long anything right now. Don't fight trends either. Market will do what it wants. Not tryna drum up noise or fear, but it's better to have a plan than to get caught with your pants down. Especially with how quickly they start selling when there's an issue overseas.

Last edited:
How do yall feel about the iBillionaire ETF (IBLN)? I heard they were trying to get it done and got an email today promoting it. trading just under $25 right now. Going to do some more research about it before I decide on whether to get in or not.

Back
Top Bottom