OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I use DAStrader for my trading platform. It has time and sale, level II, Hi/Lo hit list, mobile version/app, etc. Very good platform. It looks like this (you can customize to your liking). More info here https://www.suretrader.com/Platform_Pro.aspx

I also use Think or Swim for charts. You can get it for free by signing up for an account with TD. You don't have to fund your account. I've been using ToS for about a year without ever funding the account. The charting tools are amazing. It's worth going through the signup process just to check it out.

For brokers, I am with SureTrader. $4.95 trades. $1.00 per option contract. Amazing borrow list for shorts (over 10k different stocks). DAStrader is their Pro level platform. They offer 6:1 margin intraday and 2:1 margin on overnight positions or you can have a regular cash account. I trade on margin - my account is small compared to some of the guys I trade with. No complaints so far. Check out their website for more info http://suretrader.com

I use DAStrader for my trading platform. It has time and sale, level II, Hi/Lo hit list, mobile version/app, etc. Very good platform. It looks like this (you can customize to your liking). More info here https://www.suretrader.com/Platform_Pro.aspx

I also use Think or Swim for charts. You can get it for free by signing up for an account with TD. You don't have to fund your account. I've been using ToS for about a year without ever funding the account. The charting tools are amazing. It's worth going through the signup process just to check it out.

For brokers, I am with SureTrader. $4.95 trades. $1.00 per option contract. Amazing borrow list for shorts (over 10k different stocks). DAStrader is their Pro level platform. They offer 6:1 margin intraday and 2:1 margin on overnight positions or you can have a regular cash account. I trade on margin - my account is small compared to some of the guys I trade with. No complaints so far. Check out their website for more info http://suretrader.com

I heard thinkorswim time and sales is delayed. Unlike most people, I do not like their charts. So the DAStrader is only available for prop firms?

Last edited:
Yea ToS gets their data in packets so it is definitely delayed a few milliseconds compare to DAS which is a real time data stream.

I would guess most brokers besides the household names would have DAS. For a regular broker you can try http://boursaia.com/Default.aspx ... not sure what they require to open an account. One guy I trade with just moved there and he likes it. I hear Interactive Brokers is solid, not sure what platform they use though.

Yea ToS gets their data in packets so it is definitely delayed a few milliseconds compare to DAS which is a real time data stream.

I would guess most brokers besides the household names would have DAS. For a regular broker you can try http://boursaia.com/Default.aspx ... not sure what they require to open an account. One guy I trade with just moved there and he likes it. I hear Interactive Brokers is solid, not sure what platform they use though.

I'll look into it. Thanks. Do you know anything about Worden and Activetick? I hate having to use bits and pieces from different products. Wish there was one that has everything.

I heard Worden is great, know a bunch of traders that swear by it religiously. I haven't heard of active tick.

What kind of trader would you describe yourself as? I may have some other suggestions

I heard Worden is great, know a bunch of traders that swear by it religiously. I haven't heard of active tick.

What kind of trader would you describe yourself as? I may have some other suggestions

I use Worden's free service to look at charts sometimes. I'm not sure if their subscription service is live? I scalp options on large cap stocks intraday. Also swing trade, but don't really need as many tools for that. Another one that has been brought to my attention is livevol. Know anything about that one?

Worden's TC2000 is what a bunch of the traders use for nightly scans to create watch lists.

Never heard of livevol. Check out EquityFeed. It has tons of options for real time scans and you can have multiple scans going at once. They recently added some new features too. Use this link for a discount (snagged it from a pay site I'm a member) http://bit.ly/JVwlkR

Worden's TC2000 is what a bunch of the traders use for nightly scans to create watch lists.

Never heard of livevol. Check out EquityFeed. It has tons of options for real time scans and you can have multiple scans going at once. They recently added some new features too. Use this link for a discount (snagged it from a pay site I'm a member) http://bit.ly/JVwlkR

I really don't use screeners or scanners all that much. I am really just looking for the service that has the most live time/sales and Level II.

Thread jacking to make you all some money... ARNA look it up.. It's called arena pharmaceutical.. It's going to be volatile as f--- over the next 3ish weeks. This is not for rookies.. Look at the chart there is a sort of midday dip pattern more or less EVERY day. Day trade this RELATIVELY right and you can turn 500 into like 2k by Feb.. [COLOR=#red]BE CAREFUL!!! This is really not for rookies this is for those who like volatility[/COLOR] look up the events coming up in next coming weeks.. It's wild

Last edited:
This seems like the more executive thread of NT so here I go :

I speand my day sitting in class looking at the DuPont registry planning out the cars and houses I want. School has never been my strong point probably going to western michigan university next year major is buisness but idk if ill last. I guess what I'm asking is I have a couple grand set aside and was wondering what some good investment for a kid my age would be. I'm just trying to start some where and grow it in to enough funds I can back one of the buisness ventures I plan to endure in the future ( 7 years at the most)

http://www.aetrealestate.com/Kiawah-Island-SC/real-estate/36-Ocean-Course-Drive-zz1204440.html my motivation

A good investment would be trying to stay in school.. Then try to work in the field you went to start your business in even if its a bs job for a short time.. Stocks are luck.. I made 36x my investment once and lost 90% the next time.. You will lose your money most likely. Save that money for start-up capital and trade when you have an income.. And get a normal job to get some funds coming in.

A good investment would be trying to stay in school.. Then try to work in the field you went to start your business in even if its a bs job for a short time.. Stocks are luck.. I made 36x my investment once and lost 90% the next time.. You will lose your money most likely. Save that money for start-up capital and trade when you have an income.. And get a normal job to get some funds coming in.

schools dont mean much anymore word to the PHDs on foodstamps. it also depends on what major its in.

schools dont mean much anymore word to the PHDs on foodstamps. it also depends on what major its in.

Diplomas don't mean much.. School helps.. That kid needs a second to plan out what he is trying to do.. He's gonna hop into some stock and trade those thousands into nothing real quick. School he will network find things out whether in class or not.

Stocks are NOT luck. Stocks are probabilities. Anything can happen. Your edge (analysis or whatever you use) just improves the probability of one outcome over another. This is why you must have a set risk that your are comfortable with before entering a trade.

Last edited:
Thread jacking to make you all some money... ARNA look it up.. It's called arena pharmaceutical.. It's going to be volatile as f--- over the next 3ish weeks. This is not for rookies.. Look at the chart there is a sort of midday dip pattern more or less EVERY day. Day trade this RELATIVELY right and you can turn 500 into like 2k by Feb.. BE CAREFUL!!! This is really not for rookies this is for those who like volatility look up the events coming up in next coming weeks.. It's wild
called it.

I sold off pretty much everything, I'm expecting the markets to pull back a bit, I was looking at Ford, which should hit 20 by the end of the year.

fiscal cycle end in january and febuary and a lot of company's might upgrade with the blackberry 10keep that mug
yeah i was thinking about that , im just hoping to make a bit sell and buy something else, i might buy a blackberry 10 if the profits are good enough for me lol

Let me guess, you traded without a stop. Trading stocks is all about risk management, patience, and in some cases, a little luck. If you trade with stops the only way you'll ever be wiped it out is if you make like 88 bad trades in a row.

Let me guess, you traded without a stop. Trading stocks is all about risk management, patience, and in some cases, a little luck. If you trade with stops the only way you'll ever be wiped it out is if you make like 88 bad trades in a row.

It sounds like he traded options or penny stocks. It's not as simple to manage risk and set firm stops with those.

What's everyone's thoughts on rimm atm?.. They're planning on launching the bb10 on the 30th and the stick is screaming at me to buy it while I'm sitting here scratching my head hesitating to pull the trigger while the stock just keeps going up and up :-s lol

Back
Top Bottom