OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Originally Posted by andycrazn

ok ive been constantly reading up on chart patterns, how to use candlestick charts and what not and ive gotten bored of it. does a person have to learn all these things?

No. In fact, before you even start making decisions based on technicals, learn the fundamentals. Decisions based on technicals for the most part gets you nowhere. It is absolutely crazy that I have yet to see anyone in this entire thread project a firm's free cash flows and discount them.

Read the news, make your projections. Supplement that work with technicals.

I cannot stress that enough.
yea for some reason im having difficulty with the fundamentals because i cant read it as good and im pretty sure im going to make a mistake on it.

^ It is definitely a tricky thing to do, and time consuming. But it really is key to making good investment decisions.

I'd say for starters, get used to reading and understanding the financial statements and what the numbers indicate. After that, read up on the followingapproaches to valuation (known as Discounted Cash Flow analyses):

WACC approach
APV approach (probably the best one)

Those are the two primary valuation techniques that most major firms use (but not the only ones, of course).

Originally Posted by imahustla08

last question, earnings for Citi come out on July 17th. This means its gonna drop even more?? Should I just get out now? I bought at 3.50 its now at 3.

it'll more than likely drop more. I know a couple guys in this thread are looking for it to head down into the $1/share price...

i will more than likely buy if it hits low $2/share, but nothing above that..someone posted that the reason Citi is hurting so much is because its primarilyowned by the government, i agree with that

-J23C

On the upside I'd say we're good till July 4th. They won't let a huge down day occur.
Wouldn't be very "American" after all/
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theconditioner

^ It is definitely a tricky thing to do, and time consuming. But it really is key to making good investment decisions.

I'd say for starters, get used to reading and understanding the financial statements and what the numbers indicate. After that, read up on the following approaches to valuation (known as Discounted Cash Flow analyses):

WACC approach
APV approach (probably the best one)

Those are the two primary valuation techniques that most major firms use (but not the only ones, of course).
ok im getting the hang of it i guess. so a - in receivables is a good thing while a + payable is a bad thing. im confused on the investmentsthough because if you buy something its going to be a - at start.

RAD is looking good..I've got my eye on it as well.

SWHC is still bullish. Daily MACD and PPO are about to cross 0 and this thing can gap huge. There is a gap above $7 that needs to be filled. I'm in this at$6 and not worried one bit.

okay question about Microsoft.
if the whole deal with Yahoo goes through will it be smart to go ahead and purchase more shares now with both companies or what?

Originally Posted by nicefro

Chico, what's your take on RAD, I'm still in from $1.5.
imo, RAD is still bullish. Daily looks good. MACD is turning. I want it to break 1.60 convincingly before I get in. It's just that the marketis red so nothing is really moving. They're having a grand opening of a new location in Sidney on July 9. I want to see what effect that has on the pps.

CTIC did me well last week, buying up some more as it dips down.

my friend in the pharm industries has been giving me good tips. NEXM is something to keep your eye on.

ACTC he said is supposed to be next in line.
IARO

WELL COT DAMN! I wish my pennies would do this.
frown.gif

Excuse the ignorance everybody, Im just getting into the stock game. Quick question, I want to scalp stocks and understand that you have to have a $25,000minimum in your account. Can I just do this: wait till it goes up one penny and then sell, and repeat the process throughout the day?
ie

Buy a stock for 3.50 and sell for 3.51 (25,000 / 3.50 = 7142 x .01 = 71.42 minus $20 commission fees = 51.42 profit. Cant I do this and make a pretty goodamount by the end of the day? or am I confused?

Originally Posted by imahustla08

Excuse the ignorance everybody, Im just getting into the stock game. Quick question, I want to scalp stocks and understand that you have to have a $25,000 minimum in your account. Can I just do this: wait till it goes up one penny and then sell, and repeat the process throughout the day?
ie

Buy a stock for 3.50 and sell for 3.51 (25,000 / 3.50 = 7142 x .01 = 71.42 minus $20 commission fees = 51.42 profit. Cant I do this and make a pretty good amount by the end of the day? or am I confused?
yes 25K is the minimum for day trade. if it dips below 25K then you no longer have that priviledge. as long as you have at least 25K you'refine.

Back
Top Bottom