OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Awesome, thanks for answering my questions. Is there a limit to how many trades you can do per day? Cuz it seems too good to be true.. You can knock out 5k aday like this easy..

Originally Posted by imahustla08

Awesome, thanks for answering my questions. Is there a limit to how many trades you can do per day? Cuz it seems too good to be true.. You can knock out 5k a day like this easy..

No there is not limit to how many trades you make per day.

btw, it's not as easy at it seems. Trust me.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Awesome, thanks for answering my questions. Is there a limit to how many trades you can do per day? Cuz it seems too good to be true.. You can knock out 5k a day like this easy..

No there is not limit to how many trades you make per day.

btw, it's not as easy at it seems. Trust me.
yeah that's what I wanted to say. You can get below 25K very fast easily. Don't make any moves you're not sure of.

I mean im looking at C and its been trading at 2.96 - 2.97 for the past few hours.. isnt that guaranteed to work?

Excuse the ignorance everybody, Im just getting into the stock game. Quick question, I want to scalp stocks and understand that you have to have a $25,000 minimum in your account. Can I just do this: wait till it goes up one penny and then sell, and repeat the process throughout the day?
ie

Buy a stock for 3.50 and sell for 3.51 (25,000 / 3.50 = 7142 x .01 = 71.42 minus $20 commission fees = 51.42 profit. Cant I do this and make a pretty good amount by the end of the day? or am I confused?

So wait, you plan on going all in with that $25K on each trade?

I mean im looking at C and its been trading at 2.96 - 2.97 for the past few hours.. isnt that guaranteed to work?

There are no guarantees.

yeah that's bottom feeding, probably the most common rookie mistake.

Chico, I plan to drop 26k into the account and going in and out with 25k nonstop throughout the day. What do you think about this? I will do a stop a fewpennies so the risk wont be big.

Chico, I plan to drop 26k into the account and going in and out with 25k nonstop throughout the day. What do you think about this? I will do a stop a few pennies so the risk wont be big.

I do not recommend this. If you think it'll work out in your favor everytime, then go for it. Please keep us updated.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

dlm just broke its 52 week high

Nice! Did you take profit?
im trying to make this a long term play but i dont know its kinda hard doing it. il see what happens the first dividend payments comes around.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by deeice30

cnxt, acas, uis

any reason for this?

cnxt - imminent breakout, should be a good overnight hold - in @ 1.33
acas - looks good, doji forming - in @ $3.18
uis - b/o above $1.50 - in @ 1.49

more to look at - omex - in @ $1.58, kv/a - in @ $3.21
biotech lotto play - aezs

ThrowedInDaGame wrote:

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Just a heads up...

FAZ and FAS will have a reverse split on July 8th.

http://xml.10kwizard.com/filing_raw.php?repo=tenk&ipage=6396328
i dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing.... will this make it more volatile?
yeah I wanted to know the same thing. what are the consequences of this?

For FAS, every 5 shares you have, you will now have 1.
For FAZ, every 10 shares you have, you will now have 1.
So shares are reduced, but price increases.

As for the question on volatility, I'm not sure.
These are decaying ETF's so in a few months, I expect the pps to be down to where they are now and they'll repeat the process all over again.

imahustla - putting all your money in one stock and trying to day trade is a plan for disaster. i hope that 26k isn't your savings.

i'd put AT LEAST half that in long stocks and the rest you can F around with if you want to. putting it all on one horse is never a good plan in the longrun.

Back
Top Bottom