Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

^Dude, it's right in front of you. Read the thread, there's a lot of good material in here.
Didn't wanna look through 28 pages..

time for me to start reading
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by truth 15

DKY-

I just wanted to say that I love you. I bought FAZ, SRS, SKF equity last week and today was my biggest day ever. If I can learn options and start making the serious money, I will give you ten percent of my profits. I'm serious man, keep up with the good advice. Your analysis is right on, good work.

I'll be back later tonight to ask a couple questions.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...realtalk

But i hear you though. Yayo def has my vote for NT of the year. Though I'm still conservative about gold being 10G/ounce in 4-5 years though, when it comesto stocks, I'm a believer...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just don't hate on the guy if you lose money, not saying his picks are bad...cuz obviously they're not, but you need to learn some stuff on your own aswell.

Plus I don't want to see the guy not give out advice any more etiher lo.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Just don't hate on the guy if you lose money, not saying his picks are bad...cuz obviously they're not, but you need to learn some stuff on your own as well.

Plus I don't want to see the guy not give out advice any more etiher lo.
laugh.gif

truth- good to hear youre making money, nice work.

qpitfighter- spg does indeed look very bearish

nicefro- i'm starting a $4M fund this summer

I think we continue lower from here but there is a strong possibility we bottom very soon around November lows. The Fed/PPT might come in around 7500 levelswith massive equity price inflating. Also, Obama may sign an economic stimulus into effect any day, and the Fed seems ready to let out all of its sequesteredprinted money through bailouts, stimuli, and Obama deficit spending. This is very inflationary. I am going to continue trading what I've been trading butif we bounce hard on strong volume around November lows, I'm going to call a bottom and get out of my bearish positions and start buying massive positionsin gold miners. Today's bond market was very significant, it fell as equities tanked. Gold went up strongly. The paradigm shift is approaching.

I updated my blog today, read the most recent post, it'll explain everything to you in detail. Feel free to leave any questions. My blog is locatedhere: http://www.dormroomderivatives.com/http://www.dormroomderivatives.com/

An excerpt from: http://www.istockanalyst....article/articleid/2968505

"Mall owners and commercial developers are on the brink of bankruptcy. Commercial developer CB Richard Ellis didn't sound too optimistic in a recent10Q filing. He stated, "We are highly leveraged and have significant debt service obligations. Although our management believes that the incurrence oflong-term indebtedness has been important in the development of our business, including facilitating our acquisitions of Insignia and Trammell Crow Company,the cash flow necessary to service this debt is not available for other general corporate purposes, which may limit our flexibility in planning for, orreacting to, changes in our business and in the commercial real estate services industry. Notwithstanding the actions described above, however, our level ofindebtedness and the operating and financial restrictions in our debt agreements both place constraints on the operation of our business."

As Americans realize that they don't "need" a $5 Starbucks latte, IKEA knickknacks, Jimmy Choo shoes, Rolex watches, granite counters, andstainless steel appliances, our mall-centric world will end. As low prices become the only factor that drives retail sales, retailers will have lower profitsin the future, further restricting expansion and renovations.

General Growth Properties, a mall developer which owns or operates 200 malls, added $4 billion of debt in the last three years and is teetering on the brink ofbankruptcy. Simon Properties, which owns or operates 320 malls, added $3 billion of debt in the last three years and will be greatly affected by the comingdownturn. Many smaller developers will be in even dire straits. With shrinking cash flow, looming debt refinancing, and dim prospects for a resumption ofconspicuous consumption, Mall developers are destined for a bleak future.

Every major retailer in the United States has built their expansion plans on an assumption that American consumers would continue to spend at an unsustainablerate. That crucial assumption error will lead to the bankruptcy of any retailer that financed their expansion with debt. Warren Buffet's wisdom will beborne out, "Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.""

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Cliff Notes:[/color]

Buy SRS...like Yayo said...

Something to note for FAZ, it's bouncing off it's 50 dma which is a very good sign. And as Yayo has said, SRS will skyrocket SOON, you can take my wordand his on this.

Man, DKY seems to no his stuff.....Ive been lurkin since the start of this thread, props to all that are makin money!!!

Originally Posted by Dunkman23

DKY, would it be better to puchase SRS or just purchase it as a long?

This post makes no sense. You asked should I buy SRS long or buy SRS long. Are you asking whether to buy SRS calls or to buy SRS equity? You should buyequity, it's a bit to late for options.

how do you buy SRS or FAZ. I have TDAmeritrade, do i just click market order and type in SRS? i dont know the difference between calls, puts, equity,options...once i get the basics down id like to get into this, hope its not too late

Originally Posted by belle155

how do you buy SRS or FAZ. I have TDAmeritrade, do i just click market order and type in SRS? i dont know the difference between calls, puts, equity, options...once i get the basics down id like to get into this, hope its not too late

I use to use TDAmeritrade in my early days haha. I think on the bottom there's like an order box. Just type in quantity, then ticker symbol (SRS or FAZ). It's just like buying any regular stock. Don't worry about options (calls puts) right now. Learn the basics first and trade stocks before you get tothat. You have to learn the underlying fundamentals before you can even touch options otherwise, the gains won't be that big. BTW, it's never toolate for options and stock = equity, same meaning.

how do you buy SRS or FAZ. I have TDAmeritrade, do i just click market order and type in SRS? i dont know the difference between calls, puts, equity, options...once i get the basics down id like to get into this, hope its not too late
I have TDAmeritrade as well. Using your snapticket, just select buy, the quantity you want to purchase and the price you're willing to pay.The price is variable as you can select different options and price ranges that cater to you. Remember to type in SRS of FAZ into the "symbol"slot...

2lmqhrb.jpg

I like their service--although I hate the fact that i get charged $10 for every buy and sell...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by reigndrop

I use to use TDAmeritrade in my early days haha. I think on the bottom there's like an order box. Just type in quantity, then ticker symbol (SRS or FAZ). It's just like buying any regular stock. Don't worry about options (calls puts) right now. Learn the basics first and trade stocks before you get to that. You have to learn the underlying fundamentals before you can even touch options otherwise, the gains won't be that big. BTW, it's never too late for options and stock = equity, same meaning.

In addition to what Reign spoke about, these basics may be important to understand:

Market Order : order to buy or sell stock at the CURRENT market price
Limit Order: order to buy or sell stock at a SPECIFIC price

The difference being a market order is made when a broker receives the ticket to execute your trade or it is electronically completed; NOT at the price of thesecurity you see when you confirm the purchase. It may seem petty but it certainly is not. My first stock order about a year ago I ordered at a market order. I ended up buying a security that I wanted at $14 and got it at $14.75. If I simply made a limit order I would have gotten the stock at $14 and possibly evenlower depending on how risky I felt and how low I felt the security may fall that day.

When I wake up tomorrow I am buying SRS big time. Good luck all!

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I have TDAmeritrade as well. Using your snapticket, just select buy, the quantity you want to purchase and the price you're willing to pay. The price is variable as you can select different options and price ranges that cater to you. Remember to type in SRS of FAZ into the "symbol" slot...

2lmqhrb.jpg

I like their service--although I hate the fact that i get charged $10 for every buy and sell...
ohwell.gif
You guys should look into other brokers not named Etrade or Scottstrade. Some charge like like .0015 per share per trade and I don't imagineyou guys dealing with much volume so each trade should be very cheap.

Originally Posted by andre3001

I use to use TDAmeritrade in my early days haha. I think on the bottom there's like an order box. Just type in quantity, then ticker symbol (SRS or FAZ). It's just like buying any regular stock. Don't worry about options (calls puts) right now. Learn the basics first and trade stocks before you get to that. You have to learn the underlying fundamentals before you can even touch options otherwise, the gains won't be that big. BTW, it's never too late for options and stock = equity, same meaning.

In addition to what Reign spoke about, these basics may be important to understand:

Market Order : order to buy or sell stock at the CURRENT market price
Limit Order: order to buy or sell stock at a SPECIFIC price

The difference being a market order is made when a broker receives the ticket to execute your trade or it is electronically completed; NOT at the price of the security you see when you confirm the purchase. It may seem petty but it certainly is not. My first stock order about a year ago I ordered at a market order. I ended up buying a security that I wanted at $14 and got it at $14.75. If I simply made a limit order I would have gotten the stock at $14 and possibly even lower depending on how risky I felt and how low I felt the security may fall that day.

When I wake up tomorrow I am buying SRS big time. Good luck all!

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I have TDAmeritrade as well. Using your snapticket, just select buy, the quantity you want to purchase and the price you're willing to pay. The price is variable as you can select different options and price ranges that cater to you. Remember to type in SRS of FAZ into the "symbol" slot...

2lmqhrb.jpg

ohwell.gif
You guys should look into other brokers not named Etrade or Scottstrade. Some charge like like .0015 per share per trade and I don't imagine you guys dealing with much volume so each trade should be very cheap.

Zecco gives you 10 free trades a month; after that they are $4.50 a trade. You just need to keep $2500 in equity. Just a b
frown.gif
tch to open the account if you are in a rush
eyes.gif
. Give it about a week and a half and a lot of phone calls.

seriously. I always keep extra money in my zecco account. Almost like a savings account that doesn't earn any interest. But I need it like that in case Iwant to jump on a stock.

agreed about zeccos. finally got my acct up and gotta send in a check tmw. prob a couple days before i cna get in on srs.

I knew it was coming. So I've been saving up the past 2 months. I worked at Gap, and they are downsizing. Heck business is so slow these days that theentire store will close before I know it.

Back
Top Bottom