Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

agreed about zeccos. finally got my acct up and gotta send in a check tmw. prob a couple days before i cna get in on srs.

If you are really in a rush get to your bank tomorrow and have them do a wire transfer to you.... zecco's wire inxs are on their website... it may cost youlike $20 but it's worth it if you can get in a day earlier. The earlier you get to your bank to have them complete the wire the better but zecco is reallyslow. I was on the phone with them about 5 times today bc I did a wire transfer from my wachovia account at around 9 am this morning. It should only takeabout 2 or 3 hours. I call zecco at noon and they don't see it. I ask Wachovia to get me the fed ref number on the wire and have zecco search for thefunds. I call, I call, I call, finally they say, oh yea, we see your wire...it'll hit your account overnight.

Freakdestroyer.... apologies about your job. You work in finance?

hmm sounds good. i live right by their office in pasadena so was considerin droppin a check off tmw there hopin for a close to instant deposit.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I knew it was coming. So I've been saving up the past 2 months. I worked at Gap, and they are downsizing. Heck business is so slow these days that the entire store will close before I know it.
That sucks. What was your position, where are you located?

This thread is def. on point... Just wanted to say THANKS to everyone that contributes.
pimp.gif

Quick Question though...

Why do you guys think that APPLE is done???

I know Steve Jobs could be gravely ill and that has alot to do with why the stock is slipping hard... But could there be a chance that this company bouncesback??? I mean what if Jobs get better or they hire a new - more than capable CEO, OR what if they release some ridiculous gadget that everyone needs to have(I mean everyone and their mom's rocks an Ipod)... Will that allow them to bounce back at all?

I'm seriously thinking of buying some of their shares once they hit rock bottom... Whatever that may be.

Last time I checked Apple was down another 5%.

Ignore this post if it sounds stupid though... I've only started following stocks after reading this thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by truth 15

DKY-

I just wanted to say that I love you. I bought FAZ, SRS, SKF equity last week and today was my biggest day ever. If I can learn options and start making the serious money, I will give you ten percent of my profits. I'm serious man, keep up with the good advice. Your analysis is right on, good work.

I'll be back later tonight to ask a couple questions.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...realtalk

But i hear you though. Yayo def has my vote for NT of the year. Though I'm still conservative about gold being 10G/ounce in 4-5 years though, when it comes to stocks, I'm a believer...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Definitely NTer of the year. Big ups to you DKY and good luck (as if you need it), with that hedge fund.

NT gettin' money
pimp.gif

Cancelled my limit order from last night to get into SRS for more at 71.2. Seeing how the market reacts early morning and then hopefully getting in around 6:nerd:r so.

Is looking at US futures generally a solid rule to predict how the market will react in early ttrading hours?

FAZ and SKF down in pre market hours. I think I'm gonna hold my position for another day or two. People are taking profits I'm guessing. If SKFfalls below 180 though I may get scared and just take profits as well.

Taken from yahoo finance:
"Later Wednesday, investors will also get a reading on the beleaguered housing market. The National Association of Home Builders is scheduled to reportits January housing index at 1 p.m. EST."

Will this report effect SRS??

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I meant any brokers that I can open an account with for $1,000 or less.

I am not sure if there is one but if I were you, you may want to save more. Even if you do great and make 10% in the next few weeks that's only $100. Iwouldn't open an account with less then $3000 or $4000. Both of my brokers require at least $2500.

SKF and FAZ falling hard pre market.

US Bancorp reported higher then expected earnings and people are panicking and taking profits. Is this just a rally for a day or are we one report of an Obamastimulus plan away from SKF and FAZ dropping like flies?

What will happen to Citigroups share price long term as they get broken up? My sister holds them and doesn't know what to do? SHe thought that once thegovernment bailed them out itd be a good long term play.

Originally Posted by andre3001

What will happen to Citigroups share price long term as they get broken up? My sister holds them and doesn't know what to do? SHe thought that once the government bailed them out itd be a good long term play.

As of right now, nothing since they're still operating under one executive team, but will see what happens in the coming weeks.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I meant any brokers that I can open an account with for $1,000 or less.

I am not sure if there is one but if I were you, you may want to save more. Even if you do great and make 10% in the next few weeks that's only $100. I wouldn't open an account with less then $3000 or $4000. Both of my brokers require at least $2500.
TD Ameritrade

SKF and FAZ falling hard pre market.

US Bancorp reported higher then expected earnings and people are panicking and taking profits. Is this just a rally for a day or are we one report of an Obama stimulus plan away from SKF and FAZ dropping like flies?
Just a minor up rally, don't worry to much about it.

A rally plus some profit taking was bound to happen.

So I had this thought last night, tentatively we're planning on getting married in August or October. We'd like to honeymoon in Spain. The hotels willbe in EUR, so any way to make some currency bets to help alleviate the usd versus eur spread?

Wow, just saw this on the bottom of the SHareBuilder site... "1-Early Redemption Policy: To discourage short-term trading, ShareBuilder reserves the rightto charge $19.95 on the redemption or exchange of shares of ING Funds that are held less than 90 days" How is that legal? That totally eliminates what Iwanted to do with the account.

Gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, glad I didn't set set an FAZ limit @ $90 before classes, I would have got got.

Back
Top Bottom