Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

I know this has probably been asked a few times in this thread, but what is a good site to start trading stocks with? I don't really know much, just wannaget started with around $500-$1000.

Originally Posted by jigsta05

I know this has probably been asked a few times in this thread, but what is a good site to start trading stocks with? I don't really know much, just wanna get started with around $500-$1000.

probably go with scottrade if your in the long run

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

?
do any NT'ers have a series 7 license? other than needing it for employment at a brokerage, are there any advantages (perks or whatever) to having it? does it allow access to any additional resources, etc.? thanks

I do, as for advantages, it depends on where you work, what they sign up for, and you know.

So what can a absolute noob such as myself do to start getting into the stock market? I'm an accounting major so I do have a decent financial background.

short urbn
laugh.gif

what do you guys think the reports will be for citibank earnings? this can potentially sky rocket this stock or make it go back down...I bought at 99 cents ashare and im waiting on this friday

It's the only prostate cancer drug ever to reach a phase 3 study. On top of that it proved to prolong life. Today is History. Great for shareholders, buteven better for cancer patients.

I haven't sold yet. I'm waiting for 100+. It may not be soon, but it will come. This stock is still cheap right now, IMO.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

?
do any NT'ers have a series 7 license? other than needing it for employment at a brokerage, are there any advantages (perks or whatever) to having it? does it allow access to any additional resources, etc.? thanks

I do, as for advantages, it depends on where you work, what they sign up for, and you know.
thanks for the response! i picked up the prep book from the library to check it out.

Anyone watching/watched Bernanke's press conference?

Going over the reasons AIG was saved, etc.

Touching on how the rules need to be changed, etc.

Originally Posted by StickyRicky34

GO DNDN!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for over a year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. GWAUP GWAUP GWAUP

YO for real!!! I bought this mad long ago at like $6.60 and it shot up to $13 a week later and I never realized it at the time so I just held on to it. ShouldI sell it now or do you think it's still going up? I only have 100 shares of it.

Back
Top Bottom