Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

^ damn this thread is a ghost town.. all questions no answers
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

^ You really think it'll go down that much more?

Yea they need to raise capital and they are going to do it by diluting shareholders = you.

why do you think the released the stress test results to banks two weeks before the public? so they can BS investors.

In reality the market is telling you Citi is going to be nationalized or put into receivership so i wouldnt waste a dime on them.

when a stock drops below 5 bucks most funds cannot buy it so stocks do not drop below this price with out good reason. A good reason is the trillion dollars innon performing off balance sheet loans Citi has. Seriously they need tons more money now and in the future if they dont get over 5 dollars you are holding alottery ticket.

I am not saying do not buy it but just realize how much risk you are assuming I dont think you realize you probably have a greater chance of losing all of yourmoney then you think.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Yea they need to raise capital and they are going to do it by diluting shareholders = you.

why do you think the released the stress test results to banks two weeks before the public? so they can BS investors.

In reality the market is telling you Citi is going to be nationalized or put into receivership so i wouldnt waste a dime on them.

when a stock drops below 5 bucks most funds cannot buy it so stocks do not drop below this price with out good reason. A good reason is the trillion dollars in non performing off balance sheet loans Citi has. Seriously they need tons more money now and in the future if they dont get over 5 dollars you are holding a lottery ticket.

I am not saying do not buy it but just realize how much risk you are assuming I dont think you realize you probably have a greater chance of losing all of your money then you think.
Thanks for that info. I really don't know what I'm doing cuz I'm new to this.. like everyone else I'm just trying to get in, learnhow the market works, and make some money obv.. not alot.. just some..

How do you feel about Ford? They outsold Toyota last month or something like that.. I feel like for the long-run maybe its a good time to get in now? I can bewrong... I am partially talking out my %*+ here
grin.gif

kickmatic, read through this whole thread to pick up do basic knowledge, then explore cyberspace and do your own research.

Originally Posted by theone2401

when a stock drops below 5 bucks most funds cannot buy it so stocks do not drop below this price with out good reason. A good reason is the trillion dollars in non performing off balance sheet loans Citi has. Seriously they need tons more money now and in the future if they dont get over 5 dollars you are holding a lottery ticket.

I am not saying do not buy it but just realize how much risk you are assuming I dont think you realize you probably have a greater chance of losing all of your money then you think.
Thanks for that info. I really don't know what I'm doing cuz I'm new to this.. like everyone else I'm just trying to get in, learn how the market works, and make some money obv.. not alot.. just some..

How do you feel about Ford? They outsold Toyota last month or something like that.. I feel like for the long-run maybe its a good time to get in now? I can be wrong... I am partially talking out my %*+ here
grin.gif
Well I cannot give a detailed analysis on Ford because I do not follow them that closely (yet) but I can give you a general one. If GM andChrysler come out of bankruptcy and are continued to be helped by the government then Ford is probably a bad investment. Ford will not be able to compete withcar companies with government subsidies unless they get some too. On the other hand, if GM and Chrysler go into chapter 7 or get off the government teet thenFord will likely pick up that capacity in the US.

Now of course there are other factors and this analysis is very general. But me personally? I would not invest in Ford for the LONG TERM yet! But they are acompany I am watching. (I am more of a trader then an investor but I if I see a bargain I will not hesitate to hold it)

If you want to step in now just realize there are things that have yet to be decided that will give you alot of clarity. Yes there are always unforeseen eventsbut seeing what happens to GM and Chrysler is not unforeseen it just has not happened YET. I would tell anyone to keep any eye on it though for a long termplay.

Wells Fargo (WFC) is jumping today +3.45 so far!!! The rise could be due Warren Buffets recent comments regarding the banks structure. He said if the was onecompany he would put all his net worth in it would be Wells.

don't play on that hope stuff. that'll get you stuck in FAZ @ $23.80.

don't try to fight the trend, we went up today due to bs and there may be a small correction tomorrow but it looks like we're headed for 9k at thispoint.

most people calling a fall have all said that we'll fall again after we hit at least 9k.

I mean even when all these banks become smaller with even more unemployment the DOW will fall. I don't see it happening anymore, even though I believe itshould have happened for the past two weeks.

I'm ready to put some money in dndn. Not much only $500. With this amount of money what online trading site should i deposit it into?

Originally Posted by JA9791

I'm ready to put some money in dndn. Not much only $500. With this amount of money what online trading site should i deposit it into?

i have zecco ($4.50 trades) and tradeking ($4.95 trades). you get confirmation on trades faster on zecco, but horrible customer service tradeking has greatcustomer service/research/news, etc. but they take some time to execute trades

Back
Top Bottom