Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

DKY - What u think about CHK? I heard they did some good stuff and they gained capital...u think this is a good buy?

Originally Posted by andre3001

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by 430AM

Just registered on think or swim... Gonna study this stuff before I make my first purchase though.

Damn there's a bunch of forms you gotta sign off on during registration. I gotta go back and read all of it.
smh.gif
FYI, you need to fund your account with at least 3500 to start trading. And TOS is getting bought out by TDAmeritrade soon.
Thanks for that info... Is there gonna be a significant difference once TDAmeritrade takes over ownership?
As of right now, they haven't specified anything. More should come out in the next 6 months. I'm just hoping they still keep TOS's charting program. It's pretty decent for a free one.

How did you learn about charting? Just learn by doing or...

Thanks in advance. I was using e-trade for my IRA but have a individual trading account with zecco..
I used to use Metastock, but I decided not to renew my annual fee since it's A LOT, and DKY told me about Prophet Charts on TOS's chartingprogram so started using that. As far as how did I learn, I read some books and they taught me at work. You can learn it though through reading a few books. You just have to put some of their information together to form on big main idea cause some of it is gibberish from what I've seen.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

I thought you said you could see the DOW falling to about 3k? Do you not see this ocurring any longer?
indifferent.gif
dow is not falling to 3k.
It will be falling to 3k, in todays terms. When the market begins to head for November lows, the government will inflate share prices. Mentally,prices will stablize, physically though, you won't be able to buy as much with $3 in the long run.

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

I thought you said you could see the DOW falling to about 3k? Do you not see this ocurring any longer?
indifferent.gif
dow is not falling to 3k.

It will be falling to 3k, in todays terms. When the market begins to head for November lows, the government will inflate share prices. Mentally, prices willstablize, physically though, you won't be able to buy as much with $3 in the long run.

Besides, DOW falling to 3k, there'd be so much political turmoil, the government can't let that happen.

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

DKY - What u think about CHK? I heard they did some good stuff and they gained capital...u think this is a good buy?

Nothing's a good play right now. If you wait til the market dips a little bit more though, say to 7750, buying it long will be appropriate then.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

that inflation won't just be limited to share prices. obviously...
No, DKY thinks the excess liquidity is actually going to be funneled into gold, but I think it's going to be finally be consumer prices thattake the blow.

DKY:

Thanks for the info. I have a question though, and this has probably been asked but pardon my ignorance, what numbers or charts (or whatever) are you analyzingto come to your conclusions on stocks?

Also, do you have any books you suggest reading on the stock market? I'm trying to become a better investor and I'd appreciate any help.

Ah man this week so far was brutal, anybody thinking about getting into gs at these levels for a trade?

Originally Posted by prmj23

Ah man this week so far was brutal, anybody thinking about getting into gs at these levels for a trade?

Maybe a short. You'd be insane to go long.

reigndrop- don't know if youve been following my posts or youre thinking independently, but many of your ideas are shared by me, good work you got a goodhead on your shoulders
prmmj23- i think gs is going down to below 50
dieselg5- prolbably an up day, "turnaround tuesday" candidate, who knows
mrmundaynite- i'm looking at stocks' price and volume charts. read "how to make money in stocks" by william o neil, conisdered the investingbible
andre3001- i now expect the wealth destructino to occur through inflation, like reigndrop says. i don't think we break november 08/february 09 lows til atleast next year. much too early to tell though, this is just speculation.
joe mkcnight- i don't think you realize.... 1995-present was all artificial wealth in equity markets that needs to be purged one way or another.
mnmballa- not yet, i think the market is headed lower, but eventually this is a good long
nicefro- friday and monday are usually th big down days in the market in downtrends. that's why i like to pick up big positions on thurrsday close andduring friday. idk if i can agree with shorting on monday too but the first part of your statement could be a viable system, i dont really know though

nicefro- i dumped some options yesterday at close and today, but al of my equity remains. btw i broke the million dollar amount today, ftw.
finns- eventually down

*Bookmarked. I'll be back. I will probably have a wealth of questions and tidbits to talk about. Edit: mrmundaynite - I saw DKY recommended that "howto make money in stocks" book and just giving you heads up that the 4th edition will be available in April, just in case you want that one instead of the3rd Edition.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

reigndrop- don't know if youve been following my posts or youre thinking independently, but many of your ideas are shared by me, good work you got a good head on your shoulders
prmmj23- i think gs is going down to below 50
dieselg5- prolbably an up day, "turnaround tuesday" candidate, who knows
mrmundaynite- i'm looking at stocks' price and volume charts. read "how to make money in stocks" by william o neil, conisdered the investing bible
andre3001- i now expect the wealth destructino to occur through inflation, like reigndrop says. i don't think we break november 08/february 09 lows til at least next year. much too early to tell though, this is just speculation.
joe mkcnight- i don't think you realize.... 1995-present was all artificial wealth in equity markets that needs to be purged one way or another.
mnmballa- not yet, i think the market is headed lower, but eventually this is a good long
nicefro- friday and monday are usually th big down days in the market in downtrends. that's why i like to pick up big positions on thurrsday close and during friday. idk if i can agree with shorting on monday too but the first part of your statement could be a viable system, i dont really know though
Lets see, you were bullish on gold right? And you're long on SRS and SKF. That's the only things I've seen. It's funny causethat's all I've heard at work the past few days, commercial real estate fallin hard. As far as other thing go, they're my opinions and opinionsfrom other people.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

nicefro- i dumped some options yesterday at close and today, but al of my equity remains. btw i broke the million dollar amount today, ftw.
finns- eventually down
bummer about the yen, but congrats on 7 figures.

SRS and SKF both up 9.5% early.

Congrats on a milli, DKY! Thats sick. I hope one day I can make it there.

Back
Top Bottom