Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

got in on gs yesterday took a quick 7% gain couldnt hold out anymore. no idea why it went up but it def has been doing this for the past year. been a goodtrade so far but i think this rally is short lived so ill be watching them but doubt i will short.

Also bought a small postion in apple didnt get the crazy 10% increase after hours but like gs i was happy with a 8% increase for the day. didnt have to muchriding on it and had a tight stop so it wasnt a bad day.

most of nt should watch some of the etfs dky recommends theres some good money to be made in some if you get in at the right time. great call

oh yeah for the long termers nke is looking so nice at these levels but there will def be some down side to it. Might be good to start building a position inthis if money is a little tight and you can live with a 5 point decrease. Economy isnt the best but rich or poor kicks are still purchased and the fans justkeep buying no matter what, just like appl proved last quarter. can take a year or so to hit the 60+ levels but it can be worth it later on.

dky good luck with the 4m fund, make us proud! I myself still havent broken that mil but im very happy with my half for now.

note to self- don't ever take an afternoon nap on a day when the market is supposed to "bounce up" because you wont be able to adjust for thefluctuations...

Second L i took this week...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Set my limit and bought at a much higher price, relative to prices at then end of the trading day, than i had too...

9ibi9h.gif

csco people ciscoooooo long term not for a quick trade or for the faint of heart since chambers always sandbags and gives horrible outlooks. but being in thenetworking field i can honestly say they are the nike of routing and switching and just keep expanding to new areas. also companies that upgrade theirbackbonesdont go the cheap route.

I think the big movement for SRS (aside from the rather consistent movement we've seen over the past 2-3 weeks, ranging between about 55-70) will come nextweek leading into February. Almost all the REIT's (which SRS is inversely related to) are set to release earnings over that time period, starting next weekTuesday. The only set back that I can foresee would be an unpredictably early announcement of Obama's stimulus package or a detailed layout of what thesecond $350 billion of TARP would be used for.

The government will probably hold out as long as possible to make these announcements to make sure they can maintain some form of stability in the markets -meaning ammo to combat any steep decline in the markets. As DKY has stated before, we saw in November that the Dow hitting 7,500 seemed to be the Governmentsbreaking point in terms of non-interjection (with the bailout of Citi Group).

Housing Data comes out in a half hour. Should be interesting to see how the market reacts, seeing how building permits are plummeting and unemployment isrising.

Hoping to get into SRS on Monday for a doubling of the moolah in early Feb.
FAZ $$!@ slapping the market.

Anyone else worried about SRS not hitting triple digits? Didn't VNO report decent numbers recently? I thought I had read that. Not trying to postmisinformation.

Dow below 8k, SMH at me thinking the market would do remotely well today and coppin' FAS.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom