Official: Street Fighter x Tekken vol whos your team

Originally Posted by debs 168

lol at 1-2 links per character. I think Tony is confusing links with chains. The vast majority of the combos are links. Period.
this game is linked based with a juggle system.

Nah I saw a Vid of them doing akuma trials and all I saw was chains so *shrugs*  
Idk I don't got the game so I can't say anything.. but all I saw was a bunch of chains lol 

lol at 1-2 links per character. I think Tony is confusing links with chains. The vast majority of the combos are links. Period.
Extremely disagree. Street Fighter characters, sure. But the links are now 2x easier to hit for quite a few SF characters [i.e. Ryu's cr.MP > cr.MP - without having to plink all the time].

The Tekken characters retain some of their standard 3-hit, 4-hit, 5-hit chain combos, and in many instances, they're cancellable into special moves. At first, I was sad they're 10-hit combos aren't implemented into gameplay, but after some Training mode and a few of their Trials, their 10-hit combos are no longer necessary.

Run through Trial mode with Tekken characters, you'll see that combos are NOT the "vast majority" of their combos.

hey guys, I didn't get the game but I play ssfiv often

just curious if plinks, double tapping or whatever people do to hit those "difficult" links work in this game as well...

tried googling, nothing came up

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Extremely disagree. Street Fighter characters, sure. But the links are now 2x easier to hit for quite a few SF characters [i.e. Ryu's cr.MP > cr.MP - without having to plink all the time].

The Tekken characters retain some of their standard 3-hit, 4-hit, 5-hit chain combos, and in many instances, they're cancellable into special moves. At first, I was sad they're 10-hit combos aren't implemented into gameplay, but after some Training mode and a few of their Trials, their 10-hit combos are no longer necessary.

Run through Trial mode with Tekken characters, you'll see that combos are NOT the "vast majority" of their combos.

how can you disagree? a link is a link regardless of how difficult it is to do.

if the link has a larger window than it previously had, is it not still a link?

the only combos in the game that aren't links are L to H chains (universal) and hits you do in juggles, which in order to get those juggles you're going to end up linking (to a chain), otherwise you'll get blocked and punished. if you throw out chains into launchers and get blocked, you are open.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Nah I saw a Vid of them doing akuma trials and all I saw was chains so *shrugs*  
Idk I don't got the game so I can't say anything.. but all I saw was a bunch of chains lol 

akuma =/= to the entire roster tho. akuma's trials are a mix of links and chains into ex moves.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Extremely disagree. Street Fighter characters, sure [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][I do agree][/color]. But the links are now 2x easier to hit for quite a few SF characters [i.e. Ryu's cr.MP > cr.MP - without having to plink all the time].

how can you disagree? a link is a link regardless of how difficult it is to do.

if the link has a larger window than it previously had, is it not still a link?

the only combos in the game that aren't links are L to H chains (universal) and hits you do in juggles, which in order to get those juggles you're going to end up linking (to a chain), otherwise you'll get blocked and punished. if you throw out chains into launchers and get blocked, you are open.
Fixed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Above, I wasn't disagreeing with you with the Street Fighter roster, aside from any target combos [i.e. Ibuki] that are still in-game. I was disagreeing with you on the Tekken roster. My mention of the links was just to touch on how it's really not that serious in this iteration of SF; how much easier it is, etc..

All linking aside, as I previously said, they've kept many Tekken chain combos [known left/right combos, known Kazama combos, etc.].

Again, I disagree with a "vast majority" of the combos being combos involving links, because that's not even the case for 1/2 of the roster [the Tekken half], unless what you were looking for were each character's signature 10-hit strings.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

hey guys, I didn't get the game but I play ssfiv often

just curious if plinks, double tapping or whatever people do to hit those "difficult" links work in this game as well...

tried googling, nothing came up
Plinking still works. Much easier to land your links now compared to SSF4/SSF4AE, despite the faster pace of gameplay in SFxTK.

Rolling with Abel and Sagat right now, sometimes i switch out Sagat for King but i havent gotten use to him yet

Last night after i copped i hated this game but this morning's session had me loving it

costumes look kinda lame.. they should use some of the OG tekken costumes... i want my jin to wear his hoody

i need some people to play with on 360, only got 1 person on my list who has the game

add me, maybe we can get a lobby going

went on a 27 game win streak last night, beat someone with 3900 & 2500 points. dude was using Gief x King & grappling me after his recovery rolls, but I managed to clutch it out. My team is Bison + Guile for now, using Iron Wall gems & just playing defensively while zoning.

They really need to patch online play, tho.

Tekken characters play exactly like their Tekken counterparts... their moves + Tekken based combos are just weird, I'm not used to it. Exactly why I have been avoiding Tekken characters
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Is it me or are ultra combos hard as hell to pull off

no 
and the command list is terrible but I love playing the game 

I guess I need to give it more play with me just starting and all

haven't been this interested in a capcom fighting game since MVC2
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

went on a 27 game win streak last night, beat someone with 3900 & 2500 points. dude was using Gief x King & grappling me after his recovery rolls, but I managed to clutch it out. My team is Bison + Guile for now, using Iron Wall gems & just playing defensively while zoning.

They really need to patch online play, tho.

points dont mean anything.. just like it didnt mean anything in ssf4, yeah they can fight, but you can lose to anyone.

Picked it up last night and it's cool. Tried doing some of my marvel combo notions on some teams, definitely not working haha. So far I'm running Ryu/Paul. I definitely wanna learn how to use King though

Rented it at red box as I'm a big Tekken fan but I hated it. I'll wait until TT2 comes out.

I'm feeling the game. Was dude serious that said UMVC3 is the best fighting game out? I hope not...lol A lot of people coming from UMVC3 will be easily turned away because you can't just mash out combos but SFIV players will adjust easier. I'm personally coming off UMVC3 and I have no problem getting used to it. I like the pace, it's like a sped up version of SSFIV. I'll add all Xbox'ers today.

Tekken characters play exactly like their Tekken counterparts... their moves + Tekken based combos are just weird, I'm not used to it. Exactly why I have been avoiding Tekken characters
laugh.gif
man who u telling. Jin has always been my favorite character from the tekken series and i planned to main him in this game. I went to trial mode and realized that he was too complex for me compared to street fighter characters. But i havent played a tekken game since tekken 5 and ive been playing sfiv 4 ae for a long time.

as a tekken and marvel player...

you don't just "mash out" marvel combos. marvel has this perception of being easy or whatever and it's not. it is easier to get into because it's not in some Frankenstein stuff like sfxt but it is difficult to play at a high level. Period.
Before 6, I mained Nina. I haven't been able to do anything decent with her or some of the other tekken characters so far. I'm an alisa player in 6 and will probably be playing alisa/bob or alisa/Nina in tag 2...but I'd be surprised if she played like her tekken counterpart. Juggles don't feel right at all in sfxt. It's gonna take an adjustment to get used to them.

I take back what I said earlier about the game being mostly about links. It's more about juggles...now granted you need to link in order to get to said juggles but it's definitely more juggle based than anything. I can't call juggles chains or links...it's like in between, I guess.

Lastly, I wish I had access to alisa already. Again, I would be surprised if I could do her bnb into wall splat into chain saws.

The reason i wont pick this game up, i would rather wait for an update version of this game like all the SFIV's and UMVC3 and now MK9-KE
30t6p3b.gif

but otherwise the game look's good.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

laugh.gif
man who u telling. Jin has always been my favorite character from the tekken series and i planned to main him in this game. I went to trial mode and realized that he was too complex for me compared to street fighter characters. But i havent played a tekken game since tekken 5 and ive been playing sfiv 4 ae for a long time.
Word, I been playing SFIV since day 1 and played Tekken casually, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to this game.  I mained Bison in SFIV, and his BnB combos that worked in SFIV does not work in this game.  Is it me or are Tekken characters in this game wayyyy better than the SF characters? Tekken characters inflict so much damage off of a overhead or juggle.  Played someone using Julia & Kazuya and one combo took off 75% of my life 
sick.gif

i still believe that streetfighter characters have the advantage. if you play scramble room, you do not want to face a ryu/ken/akuma team

Originally Posted by The Maverick 41

The reason i wont pick this game up, i would rather wait for an update version of this game like all the SFIV's and UMVC3 and now MK9-KE
30t6p3b.gif

but otherwise the game look's good.
i dont know if there will be another version of this game but i would say wait and cop later

Im thinking about taking mine back even though i enjoy it because the price tag is too high for an incomplete game like this. Besides the lock of all the characters, costumes, colors, and gems, there should be no reason why the online has such a huge flaw with the sound.I know the sound doesnt bother people that much but i dont appreciate how capcom completely overlooked that and gave some bs excuse of why its like that.

Back
Top Bottom