Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)

Im sorry if my talk about Ben touches a nerve krazy88. My roommate is a big Steelers fan so this is a topic that I actually have a passionate opinion about. That and we get ridiculous statements like if he won on Sunday he would be a top 10 all time QB. Im sorry if my opinion is not the same as yours.

Im sorry if my talk about Ben touches a nerve krazy88. My roommate is a big Steelers fan so this is a topic that I actually have a passionate opinion about. That and we get ridiculous statements like if he won on Sunday he would be a top 10 all time QB. Im sorry if my opinion is not the same as yours.

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

This Khaled didn't mention anything many don't already know, especially these two. The whole game was bad match-up. Our DBs are terrible, specifically the CBs. Every matchup for the Packers was a good one. Hence, the Packers having the lowest rush attempts in a SB. They had no need to run, even if they could. It's part of reason the Steelers corners play 10 yards off the ball.

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

This Khaled didn't mention anything many don't already know, especially these two. The whole game was bad match-up. Our DBs are terrible, specifically the CBs. Every matchup for the Packers was a good one. Hence, the Packers having the lowest rush attempts in a SB. They had no need to run, even if they could. It's part of reason the Steelers corners play 10 yards off the ball.

Was talk in my neck of the woods that if his receivers don't drop the balls, his numbers read like 400 yards, 4-5 TD's, 150 rating, he just put on the best performance we've ever seen, and it was against the number 1 defense in the NFL.  *shrugs* 

Take that how you want it.  But that kid was crisp as hell.  Lasers were bein tossed out there. 

Was talk in my neck of the woods that if his receivers don't drop the balls, his numbers read like 400 yards, 4-5 TD's, 150 rating, he just put on the best performance we've ever seen, and it was against the number 1 defense in the NFL.  *shrugs* 

Take that how you want it.  But that kid was crisp as hell.  Lasers were bein tossed out there. 

Super sharp, he played Brady style which is the only other QB that will shred that D. LeBeau needs to adjust the pass defense a bit against these type of QBs, because I think Pitt beats any other team except NE or GB in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

And that blitz wasn't incorrect, Ryan Clark came over to cover Jordy, he just didn't do a good job

Originally Posted by dland24

Couldn't care what the opnion is. Just you make it known quite often, which is fine by me. I actually like it and you make some good points. I just dont agree the Steelers success or demise is dependent on the defense. He isn't top 10 all-time, but imo at the bottom 10 current qbs.

Originally Posted by dland24

Couldn't care what the opnion is. Just you make it known quite often, which is fine by me. I actually like it and you make some good points. I just dont agree the Steelers success or demise is dependent on the defense. He isn't top 10 all-time, but imo at the bottom 10 current qbs.

Super sharp, he played Brady style which is the only other QB that will shred that D. LeBeau needs to adjust the pass defense a bit against these type of QBs, because I think Pitt beats any other team except NE or GB in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

And that blitz wasn't incorrect, Ryan Clark came over to cover Jordy, he just didn't do a good job

He made a real nice pickup on Harrison one play, but rushing wise did he even get a carry?

He made a real nice pickup on Harrison one play, but rushing wise did he even get a carry?

^ It's gonna be scary if all teams abandon the run and just spreads the Pitt defense out all game. NE wrote the book on how to beat us and GB copied it.

^ It's gonna be scary if all teams abandon the run and just spreads the Pitt defense out all game. NE wrote the book on how to beat us and GB copied it.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

playing you every year def. helps.

i heard that the steelers don't gameplan for specific opponents. is that true?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

playing you every year def. helps.

i heard that the steelers don't gameplan for specific opponents. is that true?

I think they do very little to change with the team they play. Some adjustments but all in all his D is what it is. Another HUGE mistake was that Mendenhall fumble, the Steelers really had momentum and were driving down the field to take the lead. Absolute killer. And Fox's penalty was inexcusable. Frustrating but I'm sure/hoping they will be back soon enough. Just a few changes needed

I think they do very little to change with the team they play. Some adjustments but all in all his D is what it is. Another HUGE mistake was that Mendenhall fumble, the Steelers really had momentum and were driving down the field to take the lead. Absolute killer. And Fox's penalty was inexcusable. Frustrating but I'm sure/hoping they will be back soon enough. Just a few changes needed

Back
Top Bottom