Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)

I'm happy for you Packer fans.

Lambro Field 
pimp.gif

I want to visit The Brozen Tundra one day...

I'm happy for you Packer fans.

Lambro Field 
pimp.gif

I want to visit The Brozen Tundra one day...

Not gonna lie... After doing my best to keep from going on any "Rodgers>>>>" rants for the last year (aside from Cutler talk... But that's not a difficult argument.(yes shots fired)),  I think I'm ready for the showdown.

Imma be at my computer like this for the next 6 months:

policestuff_2140_125832977

Not gonna lie... After doing my best to keep from going on any "Rodgers>>>>" rants for the last year (aside from Cutler talk... But that's not a difficult argument.(yes shots fired)),  I think I'm ready for the showdown.

Imma be at my computer like this for the next 6 months:

policestuff_2140_125832977

Remember when we were talking about gj85 and Sidney rice

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sure jpz would still take Sidney but GJ85 is the *%%%!!

Remember when we were talking about gj85 and Sidney rice

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sure jpz would still take Sidney but GJ85 is the *%%%!!

O yea and someone saying something about Shaincoe > Finley lol. I honestly think Finley did more in the 3 games he played then Shaincoe did all year.
laugh.gif

That dam Finley argument jinxed him with that injury though 
30t6p3b.gif

O yea and someone saying something about Shaincoe > Finley lol. I honestly think Finley did more in the 3 games he played then Shaincoe did all year.
laugh.gif

That dam Finley argument jinxed him with that injury though 
30t6p3b.gif

go to page 2 of the NFC north trash talk thread

bottom of the page JPZ edited his post that he made in august...the edit date...

december 25th

whats this clown hiding?...
roll.gif
roll.gif

go to page 2 of the NFC north trash talk thread

bottom of the page JPZ edited his post that he made in august...the edit date...

december 25th

whats this clown hiding?...
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was literally just going through the first 10 pages of that thread 
laugh.gif

My favorite material is JPZx in complete denial about Favre's age. I swear I had to tell him 30 times Favre wont be putting up numbers until he's 50 years old. There's gonna be a year where the old man switch is turned on. 

laugh.gif
 at you catching is edit that late

Also I like how loud mouth Casper went ghost. Hopefully its because he finally bought that hooked on phonics. 

I was literally just going through the first 10 pages of that thread 
laugh.gif

My favorite material is JPZx in complete denial about Favre's age. I swear I had to tell him 30 times Favre wont be putting up numbers until he's 50 years old. There's gonna be a year where the old man switch is turned on. 

laugh.gif
 at you catching is edit that late

Also I like how loud mouth Casper went ghost. Hopefully its because he finally bought that hooked on phonics. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[h2]Re-Focused: Super Bowl XLV, Packers 31, Steelers 25 [/h2]
February 7th, 2011 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

Steelers: 3 Explanations For Defeat

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

Bad Decisions – We’re looking chiefly at the decision to try a field goal from 52 yards when your kicker barely looked like he could hit an extra point. Three points would have been big, but it was a pipe-dream from there. The loss of field position and ultimately time left the Steelers with too much to do.

The fact that the 3 reasons the Steelers lost dont include Ben's poor play, even further proves the point I was trying to make in the locked Ben thread.  The Steelers defense is so good that they dont need Ben to play well to win games.  Thats why the "he has two rings" or "hes 10-2 in the playoffs" type comments are so meaningless to me.  Because its NOT Ben that wins games for the Steelers.  And that is why I cant consider him one of the best in the game now, or on any sort of all time great list.  He is a good QB on a great team.  Nothing more.  

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

[h2]Re-Focused: Super Bowl XLV, Packers 31, Steelers 25 [/h2]
February 7th, 2011 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

Steelers: 3 Explanations For Defeat

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

Bad Decisions – We’re looking chiefly at the decision to try a field goal from 52 yards when your kicker barely looked like he could hit an extra point. Three points would have been big, but it was a pipe-dream from there. The loss of field position and ultimately time left the Steelers with too much to do.

The fact that the 3 reasons the Steelers lost dont include Ben's poor play, even further proves the point I was trying to make in the locked Ben thread.  The Steelers defense is so good that they dont need Ben to play well to win games.  Thats why the "he has two rings" or "hes 10-2 in the playoffs" type comments are so meaningless to me.  Because its NOT Ben that wins games for the Steelers.  And that is why I cant consider him one of the best in the game now, or on any sort of all time great list.  He is a good QB on a great team.  Nothing more.  

We get it......

And Ben should be on that list, who wrote that? Then again you could honestly just put Bryant McFadden and that list would probably be just as accurate

We get it......

And Ben should be on that list, who wrote that? Then again you could honestly just put Bryant McFadden and that list would probably be just as accurate

Back
Top Bottom