Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

NFLprguy Brian McCarthy
by JasonLaCanfora

The 400 fans w/out seats last nite went on field postgame, received free merchandise, food, beverage, $2,400, free SB46 tix

Well damn.
lol they only did that so they wouldnt get sued
and they're still gonna set sued (in all likelihood).

Big ups to that packer offence and Matthews on that D
pimp.gif

Go harbough!!!!

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

All I can say is DAMN, I have to live with this as Bears fan forever...I feel like a Cubs fan now

I hear you. This is the worst feeling ive ever experienced as a Bears fan. Knowing that the Bears could have prevented this all, but didnt. Im pretty ashamed right now to even admit that I'm a fan. Now everytime a Bears vs. Packers argument comes up, I know I won't have a point because of the way this season ended.
eyes.gif
 I pray for the day that Jerry Angelo finally gets the boot and the Bears get a REAL GM who can remedy our glaring problems (such as the non-existance of a OL)

I'll be damned if I congratulate you Packers fans, but your team did claw its way to the top and Aaron Rodgers is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come (just like Brett Favre was in the 1990's). I don't see the Bears making it to the NFC title game next year, but I also don't see the Packers pulling off another Super Bowl title. So enjoy this moment while you have it.

At least now that football season is over, I can focus more on the Bulls and the incredible season theyre having
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

All I can say is DAMN, I have to live with this as Bears fan forever...I feel like a Cubs fan now

I hear you. This is the worst feeling ive ever experienced as a Bears fan. Knowing that the Bears could have prevented this all, but didnt. Im pretty ashamed right now to even admit that I'm a fan. Now everytime a Bears vs. Packers argument comes up, I know I won't have a point because of the way this season ended.
eyes.gif
 I pray for the day that Jerry Angelo finally gets the boot and the Bears get a REAL GM who can remedy our glaring problems (such as the non-existance of a OL)

I'll be damned if I congratulate you Packers fans, but your team did claw its way to the top and Aaron Rodgers is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come (just like Brett Favre was in the 1990's). I don't see the Bears making it to the NFC title game next year, but I also don't see the Packers pulling off another Super Bowl title. So enjoy this moment while you have it.

At least now that football season is over, I can focus more on the Bulls and the incredible season theyre having
pimp.gif

superbowl_28.jpg

28. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews cools off after pre-game warm ups prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Packers will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in today's game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_29.jpg

29. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews cools off after pre-game warm ups prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Packers will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in today's game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_30.jpg

30. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (R) hugs running back Isaac Redman before the start of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_31.jpg

31. A Pittsburgh Steelers fan takes a photo prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Steelers will play the Green Bay Packers in today's game. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_32.jpg

32. Actress Jennifer Aniston takes part in a pre-game NFL broadcast prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_33.jpg

33. Actor Owen Wilson catches a pass on the field prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Green Bay Packers in today's game. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes
superbowl_34.jpg

superbowl_40.jpg

40. The Pittsburgh Steelers play the Green Bay Packers under a giant screen in Cowboys Stadium during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_41.jpg

41. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) looks to pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Synder

superbowl_42.jpg

42. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (L) passes as his front line holds off the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_43.jpg

43. Green Bay Packers' cornerback Tramon Williams (38) bobbles the opening kickoff as Pittsburgh Steelers' cornerback Keenan Lewis (23) tries to get the ball during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_44.jpg

44. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws against the Pittsburgh Steelers defense during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_45.jpg

45. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws during the first quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_46.jpg

46. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) celebrates his first quarter touchdown with teammates Andrew Quarless (81) and John Kuhn (30) in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_47.jpg

47. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) celebrates his 29-yard first quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers from quarterback Aaron Rogers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_48.jpg

48. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) dives in for a touchdown past Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (72), Flozell Adams (71) and Chris Kemoeatu (68) in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_49.jpg

49. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) audibles against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_50.jpg

50. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) scrambles against the Green Bay Packers during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_51.jpg

51. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) passes under pressure from Green Bay Packers linebacker Frank Zombo (L) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_52.jpg

52. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson (21) in the first half during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_53.jpg

53. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) celebrates with teammates Clay Matthews (52) and Desmond Bishop (55) after scoring a touchdown on an interception against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_54.jpg

54. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger scrambles against the Green Bay Packers during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_55.jpg

55. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger walks off the field after the Steelers failed to convert on a third down attempt against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_56.jpg

56. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers scrambles during the first quarter of play against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_57.jpg

57. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood (28) during the first half of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_58.jpg

58. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (L) takes a snap from center Doug Legursky (64) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game against the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_59.jpg

59. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (foreground) celebrates his second quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers with teammates during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_60.jpg

60. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86) scores a second quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_61.jpg

61. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throws a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the second quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_62.jpg

62. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) runs for a touchdown after intercepting Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_63.jpg

63. A Green Bay Packers fan cheers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_64.jpg

64. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) and Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson (21) reach in vain for an incomplete pass during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_65.jpg

65. Pittsburgh Steelers place kicker Shaun Suisham (6) kicks a first half field goal against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_66.jpg

66. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger celebrates his first touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_67.jpg

67. Green Bay Packers tight end Tom Crabtree (L) celebrates with teammate Greg Jennings after he scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_68.jpg

68. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86) catches a first half touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_69.jpg

69. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throws a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the second quarter of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_70.jpg

70. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger celebrates first touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers during the second quarter in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_71.jpg

71. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a second quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_72.jpg

72. Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin watches the game against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_73.jpg

73. The Black Eyed Peas' apl.de.ap, will.i.am, Fergie and Taboo (L to R) descend to the stage on platforms before performing at half-time during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_74.jpg

74. Overall view of the stage set up on the field as the Black Eyed Peas perform during half-time of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_75.jpg

75. The Black Eyed Peas apl.de.ap, will.i.am Fergie and Taboo (L to R) perform at half-time during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_76.jpg

76. Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas performs during half-time at the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_77.jpg

77. Fergie, apl.de.ap, will.i.am and Taboo (L-R) of the Black Eyed Peas perform during half-time of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_78.jpg

78. Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas performs with guitarist Slash during the halftime show at the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_79.jpg

79. will.i.am and Fergie (L) of the Black Eyed Peas perform during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game's halftime show in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL ENTERTAINMENT)

superbowl_80.jpg

80. Usher (L) and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas perform during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_81.jpg

81. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) celebrates his teams third quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_82.jpg

82. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (R) scores a third quarter touchdown as he is held by Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (C) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_83.jpg

83. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) gets past a diving Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews (52) during the third quarter in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_84.jpg

84. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) runs over Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) as teammate Hines Ward (86) celebrates Mendenhall's third quarter touchdown during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_85.jpg

85. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) celebrates his third quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_86.jpg

86. Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin yells from the sidelines against the Green Bay Packers in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_87.jpg

87. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (top) scores a third quarter touchdown past Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_88.jpg

88. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (C) is sacked by Green Bay Packers linebacker Frank Zombo (L) and defensive end C.J. Wilson (R) in the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_89.jpg

89. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) is sacked during the third quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_90.jpg

90. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (L) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Tramon Williams (38) during the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_91.jpg

91. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) scores a touchdown on Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) in the third quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_92.jpg

92. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (L) jumps in the air after scoring a touchdown on the Green Bay Packers during the third quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_93.jpg

93. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Mewelde Moore (21) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_94.jpg

94. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (L) grabs the face mask of Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) during the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_95.jpg

95. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) walks off the field after a fumble by teammate Rashard Mendenhall against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_96.jpg

96. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_97.jpg

97. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) is hit by Green Bay Packers John Kuhn (bottom) and Rob Francois (49) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_98.jpg

98. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a fourth quarter touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_99.jpg

99. Green Bay Packers' wide receiver Brett Swain (16) and Pittsburgh Steelers' linebacker Lawrence Timmons reach for the ball after an incomplete pass in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_100.jpg

100. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) tries to dive into the endzone to score against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_101.jpg

101. U.S. sailors watch NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, aboard a submarine in an undisclosed location February 6, 2011. REUTERS/U.S. Navy Visual News Service/Handout

superbowl_102.jpg

102. Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) picks up a fumble in the fourth quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_103.jpg

103. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) celebrates his fourth quarter touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_104.jpg

104. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) out runs Green Bay Packers defenders for a fourth quarter touchdown during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_105.jpg

105. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (L) celebrates his two-point conversion against the Green Bay Packers with offensive tackle Ramon Foster (R) during the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_106.jpg

106. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) catches a touchdown pass in front of Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields (37) during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_107.jpg

107. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (R) drops a pass as he is chased by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark (25) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_108.jpg

108. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (82) scores on a 2-point conversion as Green Bay Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk (50) looks on in the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_109.jpg

109. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (82) celebrates after scoring a two-point conversion in the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_110.jpg

110. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) has the ball knocked loose by Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews (2nd L) and Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett as Steelers tight end David Johnson (L) follows the play during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_111.jpg

111. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_112.jpg

112. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a touchdown pass against the PIttsburgh Steelers during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_113.jpg

113. Green Bay Packers place kicker Mason Crosby (2) kicks a fourth quarter field goal against the Pittsburgh Steelers as Tim Masthay (
glasses.gif
holds during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_114.jpg

114. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (TOP) is sacked by Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood (96) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_115.jpg

115. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) is unable to hold on to a touchdown pass as he is covered by Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Anthony Madison (37) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_116.jpg

116. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) is tackled by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (43) during the second half of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_117.jpg

117. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) scores a fourth quarter touchdown past Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields (37) and safety Nick Collins (36) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_118.jpg

118. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger calls for a two point conversion after a touchdown against the Green Bay Packers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. The two-point conversion was successful. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_119.jpg

119. Green Bay Packers' wide receiver Greg Jennings (L) goes airborne after avoiding a tackle from Pittsburgh Steelers' safety Troy Polamalu during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_120.jpg

120. Green Bay Packers Greg Jennings (85) celebrates after catching a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_121.jpg

121. Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers is seen on the big screen as the Packers celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_122.jpg

122. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) and his teammates celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the closing moments of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_123.jpg

123. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) and tight end Andrew Quarless (81) celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_124.jpg

124. Green Bay Packers head coack Mike McCarthy is hugged by Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (79) after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_125.jpg

125. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) celebrates with coach Mike McCarthy after the Packers defeated the Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_126.jpg

126. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) is surrounded by cameras after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_127.jpg

127. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (C) and teammate Clay Matthews (L) celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers after the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_128.jpg

128. Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is drenched in Gatorade after his team defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_129.jpg

129. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers holds up the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_130.jpg

130. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) celebrates the Packers victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_131.jpg

131. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) and linebacker Clay Matthews celebrate with the Vince Lombardi Trophy after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_132.jpg

132. Green Bay Packers MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers and running back James Starks (R) celebrate after the Packers defeated of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_133.jpg

133. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward watches the Green Bay Packers on field celebration after they won NFL Super Bowl XLV, 31-25, in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_134.jpg

134. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Isaac Redman (33) and wide receiver Hines Ward (86) react after their loss to the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_135.jpg

135. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86), wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) and defensive end Nick Eason (93) leave the field after their loss to the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_136.jpg

136. Green Bay Packers center Scott Wells (63) shows his family the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_137.jpg

137. Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) celebrates in confetti after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_138.jpg

138. Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy hoists the Vince Lombardi trophy after his team defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. Packers' quarterback Aaron Rogers (L), Packers' President and Chief Executive Mark Murphy (2nd L) and former NFL quarterback Terry Bradshaw look on. Man at right is unidentifed. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_139.jpg

139. Green Bay Packers' offensive tackle Mark Tauscher holds the Vince Lombardi Trophy and his son Maxwell after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-25, in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_140.jpg

140. Mixed martial arts fighter Chuck Liddell (L) chats with Green Bay Packers' linebacker Clay Matthews after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-25, in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_141.jpg

141. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver kisses the Vince Lombardi championship trophy after their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_142.jpg

142. Green Bay Packers fans celebrate in the stands after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_143.jpg

143. Green Bay Packers offensive tackle Chad Clifton hoists the Vince Lombardi championship trophy following their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers after the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_144.jpg

144. Green Bay Packers center Scott Wells holds the Vince Lombardi championship trophy following their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_145.jpg

145. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) celebrates with teammate Greg Jennings after they defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_146.jpg

146. Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson carries the Vince Lombardi championship trophy off the field after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_147.jpg

147. REFILE - CAPTION ADDITION
The daughters of Green Bay Packers players, including Ryan Pickett (2nd L), celebrate the Packers' defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_148.jpg

148. Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy holds up the Vince Lombardi Trophy as he stands on stage with team president Mike Murphy (L), Fox announcer Terry Bradshaw and team vice president Ted Thompson (R) after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_28.jpg

28. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews cools off after pre-game warm ups prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Packers will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in today's game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_29.jpg

29. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews cools off after pre-game warm ups prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Packers will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in today's game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_30.jpg

30. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (R) hugs running back Isaac Redman before the start of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_31.jpg

31. A Pittsburgh Steelers fan takes a photo prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. The Steelers will play the Green Bay Packers in today's game. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_32.jpg

32. Actress Jennifer Aniston takes part in a pre-game NFL broadcast prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_33.jpg

33. Actor Owen Wilson catches a pass on the field prior to the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Green Bay Packers in today's game. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes
superbowl_34.jpg

superbowl_40.jpg

40. The Pittsburgh Steelers play the Green Bay Packers under a giant screen in Cowboys Stadium during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_41.jpg

41. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) looks to pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Synder

superbowl_42.jpg

42. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (L) passes as his front line holds off the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_43.jpg

43. Green Bay Packers' cornerback Tramon Williams (38) bobbles the opening kickoff as Pittsburgh Steelers' cornerback Keenan Lewis (23) tries to get the ball during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_44.jpg

44. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws against the Pittsburgh Steelers defense during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_45.jpg

45. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws during the first quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_46.jpg

46. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) celebrates his first quarter touchdown with teammates Andrew Quarless (81) and John Kuhn (30) in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_47.jpg

47. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) celebrates his 29-yard first quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers from quarterback Aaron Rogers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_48.jpg

48. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) dives in for a touchdown past Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Jonathan Scott (72), Flozell Adams (71) and Chris Kemoeatu (68) in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_49.jpg

49. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) audibles against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_50.jpg

50. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) scrambles against the Green Bay Packers during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_51.jpg

51. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) passes under pressure from Green Bay Packers linebacker Frank Zombo (L) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_52.jpg

52. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson (21) in the first half during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_53.jpg

53. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) celebrates with teammates Clay Matthews (52) and Desmond Bishop (55) after scoring a touchdown on an interception against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_54.jpg

54. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger scrambles against the Green Bay Packers during the first quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_55.jpg

55. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger walks off the field after the Steelers failed to convert on a third down attempt against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_56.jpg

56. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers scrambles during the first quarter of play against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_57.jpg

57. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Brandon Underwood (28) during the first half of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_58.jpg

58. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (L) takes a snap from center Doug Legursky (64) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game against the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_59.jpg

59. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (foreground) celebrates his second quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers with teammates during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_60.jpg

60. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86) scores a second quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_61.jpg

61. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throws a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the second quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_62.jpg

62. Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins (36) runs for a touchdown after intercepting Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the first quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_63.jpg

63. A Green Bay Packers fan cheers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_64.jpg

64. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) and Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson (21) reach in vain for an incomplete pass during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_65.jpg

65. Pittsburgh Steelers place kicker Shaun Suisham (6) kicks a first half field goal against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_66.jpg

66. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger celebrates his first touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_67.jpg

67. Green Bay Packers tight end Tom Crabtree (L) celebrates with teammate Greg Jennings after he scored a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_68.jpg

68. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86) catches a first half touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_69.jpg

69. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers throws a touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the second quarter of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_70.jpg

70. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger celebrates first touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers during the second quarter in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_71.jpg

71. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a second quarter touchdown pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_72.jpg

72. Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin watches the game against the Green Bay Packers in the second quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_73.jpg

73. The Black Eyed Peas' apl.de.ap, will.i.am, Fergie and Taboo (L to R) descend to the stage on platforms before performing at half-time during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_74.jpg

74. Overall view of the stage set up on the field as the Black Eyed Peas perform during half-time of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_75.jpg

75. The Black Eyed Peas apl.de.ap, will.i.am Fergie and Taboo (L to R) perform at half-time during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_76.jpg

76. Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas performs during half-time at the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_77.jpg

77. Fergie, apl.de.ap, will.i.am and Taboo (L-R) of the Black Eyed Peas perform during half-time of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_78.jpg

78. Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas performs with guitarist Slash during the halftime show at the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_79.jpg

79. will.i.am and Fergie (L) of the Black Eyed Peas perform during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game's halftime show in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL ENTERTAINMENT)

superbowl_80.jpg

80. Usher (L) and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas perform during the halftime show of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_81.jpg

81. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) celebrates his teams third quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_82.jpg

82. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (R) scores a third quarter touchdown as he is held by Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (C) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_83.jpg

83. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) gets past a diving Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews (52) during the third quarter in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_84.jpg

84. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) runs over Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) as teammate Hines Ward (86) celebrates Mendenhall's third quarter touchdown during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_85.jpg

85. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) celebrates his third quarter touchdown against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_86.jpg

86. Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin yells from the sidelines against the Green Bay Packers in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_87.jpg

87. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (top) scores a third quarter touchdown past Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_88.jpg

88. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (C) is sacked by Green Bay Packers linebacker Frank Zombo (L) and defensive end C.J. Wilson (R) in the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_89.jpg

89. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) is sacked during the third quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_90.jpg

90. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (L) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Tramon Williams (38) during the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_91.jpg

91. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) scores a touchdown on Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) in the third quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_92.jpg

92. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (L) jumps in the air after scoring a touchdown on the Green Bay Packers during the third quarter of NFL Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_93.jpg

93. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Mewelde Moore (21) is tackled by Green Bay Packers cornerback Pat Lee (22) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_94.jpg

94. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (L) grabs the face mask of Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) during the third quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_95.jpg

95. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) walks off the field after a fumble by teammate Rashard Mendenhall against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_96.jpg

96. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) is tackled by Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_97.jpg

97. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) is hit by Green Bay Packers John Kuhn (bottom) and Rob Francois (49) in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_98.jpg

98. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a fourth quarter touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_99.jpg

99. Green Bay Packers' wide receiver Brett Swain (16) and Pittsburgh Steelers' linebacker Lawrence Timmons reach for the ball after an incomplete pass in the third quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_100.jpg

100. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) tries to dive into the endzone to score against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_101.jpg

101. U.S. sailors watch NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers, aboard a submarine in an undisclosed location February 6, 2011. REUTERS/U.S. Navy Visual News Service/Handout

superbowl_102.jpg

102. Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) picks up a fumble in the fourth quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_103.jpg

103. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) celebrates his fourth quarter touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_104.jpg

104. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) out runs Green Bay Packers defenders for a fourth quarter touchdown during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_105.jpg

105. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (L) celebrates his two-point conversion against the Green Bay Packers with offensive tackle Ramon Foster (R) during the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_106.jpg

106. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) catches a touchdown pass in front of Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields (37) during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_107.jpg

107. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (R) drops a pass as he is chased by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark (25) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_108.jpg

108. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (82) scores on a 2-point conversion as Green Bay Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk (50) looks on in the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_109.jpg

109. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El (82) celebrates after scoring a two-point conversion in the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_110.jpg

110. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall (34) has the ball knocked loose by Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews (2nd L) and Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett as Steelers tight end David Johnson (L) follows the play during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_111.jpg

111. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) throws a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_112.jpg

112. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) catches a touchdown pass against the PIttsburgh Steelers during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_113.jpg

113. Green Bay Packers place kicker Mason Crosby (2) kicks a fourth quarter field goal against the Pittsburgh Steelers as Tim Masthay (
glasses.gif
holds during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_114.jpg

114. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (TOP) is sacked by Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood (96) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_115.jpg

115. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (87) is unable to hold on to a touchdown pass as he is covered by Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Anthony Madison (37) in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_116.jpg

116. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings (85) is tackled by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (43) during the second half of NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_117.jpg

117. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace (17) scores a fourth quarter touchdown past Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields (37) and safety Nick Collins (36) during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_118.jpg

118. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger calls for a two point conversion after a touchdown against the Green Bay Packers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. The two-point conversion was successful. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_119.jpg

119. Green Bay Packers' wide receiver Greg Jennings (L) goes airborne after avoiding a tackle from Pittsburgh Steelers' safety Troy Polamalu during the fourth quarter of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_120.jpg

120. Green Bay Packers Greg Jennings (85) celebrates after catching a pass against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth quarter during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_121.jpg

121. Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers is seen on the big screen as the Packers celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_122.jpg

122. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) and his teammates celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the closing moments of the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_123.jpg

123. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) and tight end Andrew Quarless (81) celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_124.jpg

124. Green Bay Packers head coack Mike McCarthy is hugged by Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett (79) after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_125.jpg

125. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) celebrates with coach Mike McCarthy after the Packers defeated the Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_126.jpg

126. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) is surrounded by cameras after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_127.jpg

127. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (C) and teammate Clay Matthews (L) celebrate their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers after the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

superbowl_128.jpg

128. Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is drenched in Gatorade after his team defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_129.jpg

129. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers holds up the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_130.jpg

130. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (12) celebrates the Packers victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. Rodgers was voted MVP of the game. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_131.jpg

131. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) and linebacker Clay Matthews celebrate with the Vince Lombardi Trophy after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_132.jpg

132. Green Bay Packers MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers and running back James Starks (R) celebrate after the Packers defeated of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_133.jpg

133. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward watches the Green Bay Packers on field celebration after they won NFL Super Bowl XLV, 31-25, in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_134.jpg

134. Pittsburgh Steelers running back Isaac Redman (33) and wide receiver Hines Ward (86) react after their loss to the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_135.jpg

135. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (86), wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) and defensive end Nick Eason (93) leave the field after their loss to the Green Bay Packers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_136.jpg

136. Green Bay Packers center Scott Wells (63) shows his family the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

superbowl_137.jpg

137. Green Bay Packers linebacker Desmond Bishop (55) celebrates in confetti after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Tim Sharp

superbowl_138.jpg

138. Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy hoists the Vince Lombardi trophy after his team defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. Packers' quarterback Aaron Rogers (L), Packers' President and Chief Executive Mark Murphy (2nd L) and former NFL quarterback Terry Bradshaw look on. Man at right is unidentifed. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

superbowl_139.jpg

139. Green Bay Packers' offensive tackle Mark Tauscher holds the Vince Lombardi Trophy and his son Maxwell after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-25, in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_140.jpg

140. Mixed martial arts fighter Chuck Liddell (L) chats with Green Bay Packers' linebacker Clay Matthews after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, 31-25, in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Jeff Haynes

superbowl_141.jpg

141. Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver kisses the Vince Lombardi championship trophy after their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_142.jpg

142. Green Bay Packers fans celebrate in the stands after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Stone

superbowl_143.jpg

143. Green Bay Packers offensive tackle Chad Clifton hoists the Vince Lombardi championship trophy following their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers after the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_144.jpg

144. Green Bay Packers center Scott Wells holds the Vince Lombardi championship trophy following their win over the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_145.jpg

145. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (R) celebrates with teammate Greg Jennings after they defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers during the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_146.jpg

146. Green Bay Packers cornerback Charles Woodson carries the Vince Lombardi championship trophy off the field after defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Pierre Ducharme

superbowl_147.jpg

147. REFILE - CAPTION ADDITION
The daughters of Green Bay Packers players, including Ryan Pickett (2nd L), celebrate the Packers' defeat of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas, February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

superbowl_148.jpg

148. Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy holds up the Vince Lombardi Trophy as he stands on stage with team president Mike Murphy (L), Fox announcer Terry Bradshaw and team vice president Ted Thompson (R) after the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL's Super Bowl XLV football game in Arlington, Texas February 6, 2011. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

2nd youngest team in the league
pimp.gif

pats and packers got gonna run this league for the next 10 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2nd youngest team in the league
pimp.gif

pats and packers got gonna run this league for the next 10 years.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So I guess S4L doesn't wanna make a NFL Year In Review thread since Green Bay is the champs?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is there an official NFL Offseason thread yet? I still wanna talk football.

Suppose ill put this in here too.

PFF review.
[h2]Re-Focused: Super Bowl XLV, Packers 31, Steelers 25[/h2]
February 7th, 2011 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

So there we have it.

The Super Bowl, over. The season, finished. The Packers, World Champions.

And while it may have lacked that last-minute mayhem, it was quite some game. The heir to the Favre throne cemented his status with one of the truly great Super Bowl performances. The fallen hero unable to guide his Steelers to an improbable comeback. And just maybe a new dynasty born.

If you’re Pittsburgh you have to be kicking yourself. The turnovers. Wrong use of personnel on defense. Under the Super Bowl spotlight, they made these mistakes and it’s why they’ll end the season with what ifs.

But it was a fitting end to a great season, and the Packers proved themselves worthy champions. They overcame injuries, withstood the Steelers surge from an 18 point deficit and even had the luxury of taking a couple of knees before bringing the Lombardi Trophy home.

And Aaron Rodgers showed with little doubt that he was the best player of the 2010 season, flashing a +10.6 rating that was the best of the postseason and one of the best all year.

Packers: 3 Keys To Victory

Turnovers - All three of them turned into touchdowns. When you can do that and not turn the ball over yourself, you’re going to win games.

Dealing with the blitz – The Steelers got aggressive and Green Bay responded by moving the ball. The Packers were faced with the best of Blitzburgh on 66.67% of all offensive plays and turned it into 192 yards. They dealt with **** LeBeau.

Character – It would have been easy for Green Bay heads to drop. Whether it be any one of the six dropped passes, or the gut-wrenching feeling that the Super Bowl was slipping away from them as Pittsburgh poured on 14 points in rapid fire. But they showed their character, overcoming injuries to two of their most experienced players (Charles Woodson and Donald Driver) and just kept on rebounding. This was summed up by the rollercoaster display of Jordy Nelson (-0.3) who dropped four passes, made one incredible catch, and made a key third-down completion on the Packers’ penultimate drive (directly after dropping a ball).

Steelers: 3 Explanations For Defeat

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

Bad Decisions – We’re looking chiefly at the decision to try a field goal from 52 yards when your kicker barely looked like he could hit an extra point. Three points would have been big, but it was a pipe-dream from there. The loss of field position and ultimately time left the Steelers with too much to do.

Packers: Performances of note

Where else can you start? Aaron Rodgers (+10.6) did nearly everything right, even when those around him had their basic motor skills fail them. Rodgers threw the ball 38 times and threw only four bad passes. Just four. Wow. One overthrow, one bad decision, one underthrow and one throw behind his receiver. Everything else was pretty much on the money, including some of the most beautiful throws you’ll ever see. That’s what it takes to earn an MVP and win a Super Bowl.

If Aaron Rodgers cemented his reputation as the best offensive player of the post season, Tramon Williams (+3.7) matched him on defense. His game-clinching pick against Philadelphia and game-changing picks against Atlanta may live longer in highlight reels, but his all round play in the Super Bowl was key in the Packers winning. Williams made plays to break up third down plays, and fittingly ended the contest with his fourth down pass break up. Just keep him away from returning punts.

One guy who didn’t play so well? Charlie Peprah (-5.4). But how can that be…he had nine tackles, surely that indicates his impact? Well in a world where tackle counts reign supreme then perhaps. But back in the real world Peprah missed two tackles, was fortunate Big Ben overthrew Mike Wallace deep when he was wide open and was manhandled on at least three occasions by Hines Ward in run support (one so badly that he was practically thrown to the ground). So remember, tackles don’t mean everything (especially when you only make one that is a defensive stop).

Steelers: Performances of note

So where did it go wrong for the Steelers? Well if Chris Kemoeatu (-4.5) had a better game that would have helped and taken at least seven points off the board for the Packers. While the pull block that aided a TD was impressive lateral agility from a big man, it was one of only four positive plays we graded from Kemoeatu. How many negative plays? 13. His presence made Doug Legursky (-1.4) look positively brilliant by contrast. The most troubling thing is how much pressure he gave up, seeing his QB hit twice (including one that led to a Nick Collins touchdown) and pressured a further six times. If you can’t step up in the pocket life is going to get a lot harder as a quarterback.

We mentioned it earlier, and we’ll mention it again since it’s gone largely unnoticed. What a great day by Hines Ward (+5.2). He consistently got open, catching all seven of the balls thrown his way and bamboozling Jarrett Bush to pick up his TD. More so Ward lived up to his (at times overhyped) run blocking reputation. He had four big blocks on the Packers safeties and really assisted the perimeter running of the Steelers.

A last word saved for Ben Roethlisberger (+6.1). There was a feeling all his trials and tribulations had led to the moment where, down six points, he would lead the Steelers to a famous victory. But it wasn’t to be. His first interception can be attributed to his guard getting him hit, but his second one was a poor decision by anyone’s standards. More troubling was the missed opportunity deep to Mike Wallace, as in a game of this magnitude, small margins like that make the difference. Outside of this Big Ben was practically perfect, making a number of superb throws that made a comeback possible. On a different day it would have been enough to win, but on Super Bowl Sunday, he was outplayed by his Packer counterpart.

Rookie Watch

They’re hardly rookies anymore, but the Packer first-year players struggled. Bryan Bulaga (-3.2) had a tough day with LaMarr Woodley getting the better of him. He gave up a hit and five QB pressures … Running back James Starks spent almost as many snaps pass blocking (11) as running (12) … Jermichael Finley he may not be, but Andrew Quarles (+0.0) would have had a more impressive day if he wasn’t the victim of one of Rodgers poor throws … Sam Shields (-4.0) left the game and came back in late on. He shouldn’t have as he missed a tackle and got beat for a TD … Even though he picked up a sack, Frank Zombo (-3.8) was largely ineffective and had some issues in coverage.

Steeler receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown were non factors. Sanders was injured while Brown showed his lack of experience and playing time, failing to work from the same page as Roethlisberger on more than one occasion.

Random Notes

Aaron Rodgers’ grade was the highest of the postseason … All of Big Ben’s balls thrown over 20 yards (five of them) were thrown to the left side of the field.

So I guess S4L doesn't wanna make a NFL Year In Review thread since Green Bay is the champs?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Is there an official NFL Offseason thread yet? I still wanna talk football.

Suppose ill put this in here too.

PFF review.
[h2]Re-Focused: Super Bowl XLV, Packers 31, Steelers 25[/h2]
February 7th, 2011 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

So there we have it.

The Super Bowl, over. The season, finished. The Packers, World Champions.

And while it may have lacked that last-minute mayhem, it was quite some game. The heir to the Favre throne cemented his status with one of the truly great Super Bowl performances. The fallen hero unable to guide his Steelers to an improbable comeback. And just maybe a new dynasty born.

If you’re Pittsburgh you have to be kicking yourself. The turnovers. Wrong use of personnel on defense. Under the Super Bowl spotlight, they made these mistakes and it’s why they’ll end the season with what ifs.

But it was a fitting end to a great season, and the Packers proved themselves worthy champions. They overcame injuries, withstood the Steelers surge from an 18 point deficit and even had the luxury of taking a couple of knees before bringing the Lombardi Trophy home.

And Aaron Rodgers showed with little doubt that he was the best player of the 2010 season, flashing a +10.6 rating that was the best of the postseason and one of the best all year.

Packers: 3 Keys To Victory

Turnovers - All three of them turned into touchdowns. When you can do that and not turn the ball over yourself, you’re going to win games.

Dealing with the blitz – The Steelers got aggressive and Green Bay responded by moving the ball. The Packers were faced with the best of Blitzburgh on 66.67% of all offensive plays and turned it into 192 yards. They dealt with **** LeBeau.

Character – It would have been easy for Green Bay heads to drop. Whether it be any one of the six dropped passes, or the gut-wrenching feeling that the Super Bowl was slipping away from them as Pittsburgh poured on 14 points in rapid fire. But they showed their character, overcoming injuries to two of their most experienced players (Charles Woodson and Donald Driver) and just kept on rebounding. This was summed up by the rollercoaster display of Jordy Nelson (-0.3) who dropped four passes, made one incredible catch, and made a key third-down completion on the Packers’ penultimate drive (directly after dropping a ball).

Steelers: 3 Explanations For Defeat

Personnel Decisions – And in particular where defenders were lining up. If you look at the second and third touchdowns the Packers scored (as well as the key third-down conversion Green Bay made to Jordy Nelson in the fourth) you’ll notice some things. Pittsburgh had the wrong men on the wrong guys, and the Packers exploited matchups on linebackers. Worse still was the left-sided corner blitz (that saw Bryant McFadden and William Gay blitz from the left to leave Nelson completely open to pick up 38 yards). At key moments the Steelers were outcoached and it undid some rather good play from their defense.

Big Name, Quiet Game – While we’d dispute the notion he was the Defensive Player of the Year, you won’t find us arguing about the importance of Troy Polamalu as a galvanizing, larger than life force on the field. He is big for the Steelers defense, just not in this game. Struggling in coverage and making just three tackles is more likely to causes gasps of shock than have a galvanizing effect.

Bad Decisions – We’re looking chiefly at the decision to try a field goal from 52 yards when your kicker barely looked like he could hit an extra point. Three points would have been big, but it was a pipe-dream from there. The loss of field position and ultimately time left the Steelers with too much to do.

Packers: Performances of note

Where else can you start? Aaron Rodgers (+10.6) did nearly everything right, even when those around him had their basic motor skills fail them. Rodgers threw the ball 38 times and threw only four bad passes. Just four. Wow. One overthrow, one bad decision, one underthrow and one throw behind his receiver. Everything else was pretty much on the money, including some of the most beautiful throws you’ll ever see. That’s what it takes to earn an MVP and win a Super Bowl.

If Aaron Rodgers cemented his reputation as the best offensive player of the post season, Tramon Williams (+3.7) matched him on defense. His game-clinching pick against Philadelphia and game-changing picks against Atlanta may live longer in highlight reels, but his all round play in the Super Bowl was key in the Packers winning. Williams made plays to break up third down plays, and fittingly ended the contest with his fourth down pass break up. Just keep him away from returning punts.

One guy who didn’t play so well? Charlie Peprah (-5.4). But how can that be…he had nine tackles, surely that indicates his impact? Well in a world where tackle counts reign supreme then perhaps. But back in the real world Peprah missed two tackles, was fortunate Big Ben overthrew Mike Wallace deep when he was wide open and was manhandled on at least three occasions by Hines Ward in run support (one so badly that he was practically thrown to the ground). So remember, tackles don’t mean everything (especially when you only make one that is a defensive stop).

Steelers: Performances of note

So where did it go wrong for the Steelers? Well if Chris Kemoeatu (-4.5) had a better game that would have helped and taken at least seven points off the board for the Packers. While the pull block that aided a TD was impressive lateral agility from a big man, it was one of only four positive plays we graded from Kemoeatu. How many negative plays? 13. His presence made Doug Legursky (-1.4) look positively brilliant by contrast. The most troubling thing is how much pressure he gave up, seeing his QB hit twice (including one that led to a Nick Collins touchdown) and pressured a further six times. If you can’t step up in the pocket life is going to get a lot harder as a quarterback.

We mentioned it earlier, and we’ll mention it again since it’s gone largely unnoticed. What a great day by Hines Ward (+5.2). He consistently got open, catching all seven of the balls thrown his way and bamboozling Jarrett Bush to pick up his TD. More so Ward lived up to his (at times overhyped) run blocking reputation. He had four big blocks on the Packers safeties and really assisted the perimeter running of the Steelers.

A last word saved for Ben Roethlisberger (+6.1). There was a feeling all his trials and tribulations had led to the moment where, down six points, he would lead the Steelers to a famous victory. But it wasn’t to be. His first interception can be attributed to his guard getting him hit, but his second one was a poor decision by anyone’s standards. More troubling was the missed opportunity deep to Mike Wallace, as in a game of this magnitude, small margins like that make the difference. Outside of this Big Ben was practically perfect, making a number of superb throws that made a comeback possible. On a different day it would have been enough to win, but on Super Bowl Sunday, he was outplayed by his Packer counterpart.

Rookie Watch

They’re hardly rookies anymore, but the Packer first-year players struggled. Bryan Bulaga (-3.2) had a tough day with LaMarr Woodley getting the better of him. He gave up a hit and five QB pressures … Running back James Starks spent almost as many snaps pass blocking (11) as running (12) … Jermichael Finley he may not be, but Andrew Quarles (+0.0) would have had a more impressive day if he wasn’t the victim of one of Rodgers poor throws … Sam Shields (-4.0) left the game and came back in late on. He shouldn’t have as he missed a tackle and got beat for a TD … Even though he picked up a sack, Frank Zombo (-3.8) was largely ineffective and had some issues in coverage.

Steeler receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown were non factors. Sanders was injured while Brown showed his lack of experience and playing time, failing to work from the same page as Roethlisberger on more than one occasion.

Random Notes

Aaron Rodgers’ grade was the highest of the postseason … All of Big Ben’s balls thrown over 20 yards (five of them) were thrown to the left side of the field.

He didn't make two weeks ago either for the NFC/AFC Championships and I don't blame him. We don't need more than one thread to talk about one game really... it's be just overkill. Better to keep all the talk in one place.

He didn't make two weeks ago either for the NFC/AFC Championships and I don't blame him. We don't need more than one thread to talk about one game really... it's be just overkill. Better to keep all the talk in one place.

Back
Top Bottom