Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
@ a cowgirls fan coming in looking to throw hate on our parade because his lame team is so garbage.
eyes.gif
Never bypass an opportunity, I guess... Your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can't help but mention the Cowboys...
laugh.gif
Lame $$$ dude...

And no, what James Harrison did does not happen on every punt...
and you never miss a chance to come in and defend the legion of school-children you call a fan-base, even when nobody is talking to you.

he did nothing that doesn't happen regularly... he got a flag, deal with it.
Defend them?
eyes.gif
You're brain dead, pal... I go at some of those dudes as much or more than anybody on this forum...

But the way some of yall dudes get bent out of shape every single time a Cowboys fan makes an observation or comment is borderline pathetic... Some of yall are just as bad as the Cowboys fans you talk about not being able to let things go...
you always make claims like this, but as far as i can tell it's completely baseless. yeah, you go at a few of them.. but anytime i get into an argument with one of them, you always come flying in out of nowhere to back them up no matter what we're talking about. i swear you search out my name to come at me sometimes, i feel like it's something once a week with you.

And there's a difference in your last statement... people go at cowboys fans because cowboys fans go at everybody. ravens and steelers couldn't be more heated rivals than they are, yet ravens and steelers fans get along better than either teams fans do with cowboys fans... think that's a coincidence?
indifferent.gif

Cowboys "fans" (in A LOT of situations but not all) are usually ignorant about football. They want to be Cowboys fans because they think it'scool. I appreciate people who actually know about football. Ravens-Steelers is probably the most heated rivalry in the league right now and their fans do getalong well- for the most part. At least the fans who actually know their football.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

hayden-panettiere-stanley-cup-01.jpg

I'm posting this again because I love her.
This being, who?
Hayden Panettiere (from Heroes), one of the few white girls I dig (along with Jessica Beil and Scarlett)

hayden-panettiere-259.jpg

hayden-panettiere-he_2f399f.jpg

True Blue knows what's up.

roll.gif
@ a cowgirls fan coming in looking to throw hate on our parade because his lame team is so garbage.
eyes.gif
Never bypass an opportunity, I guess... Your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can't help but mention the Cowboys...
laugh.gif
Lame $$$ dude...

And no, what James Harrison did does not happen on every punt...
and you never miss a chance to come in and defend the legion of school-children you call a fan-base, even when nobody is talking to you.

he did nothing that doesn't happen regularly... he got a flag, deal with it.
Defend them?
eyes.gif
You're brain dead, pal... I go at some of those dudes as much or more than anybody on this forum...

But the way some of yall dudes get bent out of shape every single time a Cowboys fan makes an observation or comment is borderline pathetic... Some of yall are just as bad as the Cowboys fans you talk about not being able to let things go...
but anytime i get into an argument with one of them, you always come flying in out of nowhere to back them up no matter what we're talking about. i swear you search out my name to come at me sometimes, i feel like it's something once a week with you.
I don't come flying out of anywhere to defend anybody... It's just ridiculous that your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can't help but find the nearest Cowboys fan and talk about how he's trying to throw salt on anybody's parade... All he said was that what James Harrison did was dirty... And it was... That doesn't happen on every single punt, as you like to believe...

And I don't search you out... You're just one of the first people to poke your head in a conversation to bash Cowboys fans... And you're not the only person I call out for it either... It doesn't matter what a Cowboys fan says on this board most of the time. It always turns into "OH, SALTY COWBOYS FANS HAHAH!", regardless whether they're right, wrong, or otherwise... And you're as bad about it as anybody else on this board...

I mean, really... You went out of your way to talk about the Cowboys tonight... Your team just won the Super Bowl... Enjoy yourself for God's sake... Why are you worried about what a Cowboys fan says?

i didn't go out of my way - these two cowboys clowns just can't help but come in and claim the refs gave us a championship and talk +!**about our team in the thread about the game... yeah, i really stretched on that one.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ you acting like boys fans don't have this well-known reputationon this board as being everything i'm saying they are. it's probably what people would point out first about S&T.

Craftsy21,

My goal isn't to change your mind. If your Steelers would've played a better game than the Cardinals you'd hear nothing out of me. I know what Isaw. I know my opinion. Like I said to you and the rest of STEALer nation, enjoy your tainted lombardis. I'd take a tainted lombardi over no lombardi anyday, so congrats.

Originally Posted by epox12

How come Warner never thanks god after losses? That is what annoys the hell out of me about players who love shouting god after wins. I said this in a previous point but why didn't he thank god for keeping him humble ans showing him how he needs to improve? Guess god is only with him when he wins
eyes.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Someone was watching He Got Game.

Jesus: How come when no one loses they in the locker room saying #!*! Jesus.

Originally Posted by LakersRock20901

Originally Posted by LakersRock20901

^
Great way to state your point.
I could sit here and list the 40 problems i have with the officials in this game, too, but i won't bother because the cards still got the lead with 3 minutes left, despite all the "injustices" your crying about - and proceeded to blow it, with no penalties i can think of that cost them anything on that particularly important part of the game.

Wanna go through every single play of the game and find every penalty that could've/should've/shouldn't be called? Then go back through the rest of the season and play what-if's so we can sit here and cry about it together? Officiating sucks - it's sucked against us all season long, but i'm sure you weren't there to go after the refs on those occasions were you? as much as you feel like the refs took the game from the cards (i assume they're your team the way you talk, if not then pretend they are when i say your team in this post), trust that steelers fans feel we got screwed by the refs in many ways too and realize that when the chips were down, the refs had nothing to do with the final 3 deciding minutes of that game.

Cardinals aren't my team. I'm just an unbiased bystander. I'm a Titans fan and I'll be the first to tell you when we get lucky with a call. The fact of the matter is, with or without bad calls, the Cardinals outplayed the Steelers on Super Bowl sunday and deserved to win that game. That's all i'm saying.
mmm-kay. well then i'll take getting out-played everyday of the week if it means we end up with more points at the end of the day still.

it's all about the important moments in the game though - the pick 6 near halftime... the last 3 minutes with their defense.

How about the first quarter where we had the ball for 12 minutes? Were we outplayed there?
laugh.gif
you just sound salty.. and you're reaching. but say what you like, it doesn't change a thing. i guess it's tough being on top, but we're getting used to it quickly.
pimp.gif

Anyway, the Steelers play dirty as %!%% and it was witnessed once again tonight. They get a bunch of cheap shots and late hits that usually go unnoticed and they are literally trying to injure players on the field. Some of their tackles are legal but you can tell that they are seriously trying to %!%% you up.

what a completely baseless, unfounded statement. lets see, i don't remember them changing a tackling rule for something a steelers player does religiously. but we're the dirty ones?
laugh.gif
go to sleep, you're clueless.

Lmao @ you always getting mad when people point out the truth.

Harrison definitely is the DPOY: Dirtiest player of the year along with the rest of the team.

Anyway, go tuck under your G Unit bed sheets and enjoy the win. Stop getting antsy at every negative thing said about your team.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

And Harrison should have definitely been ejected.

Even if he was ejected, what difference would it make. If hes gone they'll replace him Timmons or Fox and wont skip a beat.
You never know.

I seriously doubt though that you'd have those same sentiments if he was ejected.

Personally, I'm pissed whenever a player for a team I follow is ejected, regardless of the situation or whatever...

Just for kicks, here is an article on Yahoo!:

It will go down as one of the most thrilling Super Bowls of all time. But, as has become all too common in the NFL, an officiating controversy threatens to overshadow the stellar play on the field.

On the final Cardinals play from scrimmage, as the team was driving for a potential game-winning score, Kurt Warner turned over the ball after his arm was hit by LaMarr Woodley. The play was ruled a fumble, and it may have been. Or it may have been an incomplete pass. The problem is, there was no official replay review to take a closer look at the ruling. Instead, the Steelers got the ball, knelt down for the win and earned the sixth title in franchise history.

Frankly, it's remarkable that there was no booth challenge to review the play. It was certainly close enough to warrant a look from upstairs. In all probability, the call on the field would have been confirmed. But why not appease the masses and nip any talk of controversy in the bud? (If the call had been overturned, Arizona would have had the ball on the Pittsburgh 29-yard line, certainly close enough to have had a reasonable shot at scoring a last-second touchdown.)

It was a night marred by questionable calls, but the game managed to make everyone forget about the disparity in penalties (106 yards for the Cardinals against just 56 for the Steelers) with its thrilling finish. And then came the unreviewed call. It's especially interesting that the play went without a second look considering the Cardinals correctly challenged two plays during the game (both of which should have been easy calls on the field but were botched by the refs).

The 11 penalties whistled on Arizona included a preposterous roughing the passer penalty on a play that wouldn't have been uncommon in touch football. That came on a drive that saw two personal foul penalties on the Cards, one of which gave the Steelers another chance to score from the goal line. For the evening, 18 penalties were called, the third-most in Super Bowl history. A missed call may have proven enormous also. After Santonio Holmes' game-winning touchdown catch he did an imitation of LeBron James' chalk move. Using the ball as a prop is an automatic 15-yard penalty on the kickoff.

Officiating controversies became way too prevalent in this league this season. Ed Hochuli's premature whistle dominated headlines in the early season and a missed delay of game penalty in the divisional playoffs aided in a Baltimore Ravens win. It's too bad a great Super Bowl followed down that path and may be marred by a decision that would have been easily remedied by a simple booth review.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...8Dj1M5nYcB?urn=nfl,138123

laugh.gif
@ you acting like boys fans don't have this well-known reputation on this board as being everything i'm saying they are. it's probably what people would point out first about S&T.
At what point did I say I didn't think Cowboys fans have this reputation on NikeTalk?

The few ruin it for the many... I know that. I understand that. But yall still go out of your way to acknowledge them and fuel the fire... You know they'rethat way... Why do you feel the need to comment on it and snowball it? And you're not the only one that does it...

Yall complain about S4L, Marley, and all those dudes, but you're the first ones to jump on everything they say and fuel the fire...
laugh.gif

And at no point tonight did I see any Cowboys fan going out of their way to dump on anybody's parade... Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anythinglike you usually get with some of them on here... The Cowboys haven't played in almost 6 weeks... We're good.

Lmao @ you always getting mad when people point out the truth.

Harrison definitely is the DPOY: Dirtiest player of the year along with the rest of the team.

Anyway, go tuck under your G Unit bed sheets and enjoy the win. Stop getting antsy at every negative thing said about your team.
laugh.gif

g unit bed sheets? what does this even mean?

laugh.gif
@ you acting like boys fans don't have this well-known reputation on this board as being everything i'm saying they are. it's probably what people would point out first about S&T.
At what point did I say I didn't think Cowboys fans have this reputation on NikeTalk?

The few ruin it for the many... I know that. I understand that. But yall still go out of your way to acknowledge them and fuel the fire... You know they're that way... Why do you feel the need to comment on it and snowball it? And you're not the only one that does it...

Yall complain about S4L, Marley, and all those dudes, but you're the first ones to jump on everything they say and fuel the fire...
laugh.gif

And at no point tonight did I see any Cowboys fan going out of their way to dump on anybody's parade... Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything like you usually get with some of them on here... The Cowboys haven't played in almost 6 weeks... We're good.
It's a message board man - that's part of the fun of it. it's just especially obnoxious with those goons because nowhere in theirtiny minds does logic (or humor) ever enter. where someone else might be taking shots at you just to get a rise, part of me believes they actually believe whatthey're saying - and i think i'm trying to find out if they do or not.

take someone like fr3sh... dude is a clown, but at least he's got a sense of humor about him. i can deal with that for the most part. these other guysthough honestly take pleasure in trying to belittle everything any team but their own does... if that's how they get their jollies, so be it.. hell, i let99 percent of their garbage just slide.. but occasionally they catch me in the right mood and i feel like trading a few barbs with them to find out ifthey're actually as brain dead as they make themselves out to be.

Last thing for tonight... this is to steelers fans mostly..

is it just me or does every play we make get reviewed? we never have safe and sound plays, every one is a nailbiter that ends up getting reviewed... it justgot really annoying to me tonight that every time i was trying to celebrate a huge play for us i had to sit there for 5 minutes and wait for the officialreview to finish.

This team made me sweat more than any team i've ever seen... it was never easy for them to do anything.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ clowns actually catching feelings on a sneaker forum. This @!+$ is funny.

Then you got other clowns wanting to be "accepted" by other people i.e. certain Giants fans
laugh.gif
. This ain't facebook you bums.

Cats on here really looking for buddies to camp out in -3 degrees for some kicks
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Someone was watching He Got Game.

Jesus: How come when no one loses they in the locker room saying #!*! Jesus.

I forgot about that scene in He Got Game but yeah it applies here.

Roethlisberger classy after the win

But soon the clock ran out on the man who tricked Father Time all season.

As Warner walked off the field, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger found him and said, "It was an honor to be on field with you."

Roethlisberger went on to tell him Warner's autobiography inspired him to be a better quarterback.

Kurt Warner - future HOFer
pimp.gif

Harrison definitely is the DPOY: Dirtiest player of the year along with the rest of the team. Anyway, go tuck under your G Unit bed sheets and enjoy the win.Stop getting antsy at every negative thing said about your team.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Craftsy
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

The few ruin it for the many... I know that. I understand that. But yall still go out of your way to acknowledge them and fuel the fire... You know they're that way... Why do you feel the need to comment on it and snowball it? And you're not the only one that does it...

laugh.gif

And at no point tonight did I see any Cowboys fan going out of their way to dump on anybody's parade... Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything like you usually get with some of them on here... The Cowboys haven't played in almost 6 weeks... We're good.
It's a message board man - that's part of the fun of it. it's just especially obnoxious with those goons because nowhere in their tiny minds does logic (or humor) ever enter. where someone else might be taking shots at you just to get a rise, part of me believes they actually believe what they're saying - and i think i'm trying to find out if they do or not.

take someone like fr3sh... dude is a clown, but at least he's got a sense of humor about him. i can deal with that for the most part. these other guys though honestly take pleasure in trying to belittle everything any team but their own does... if that's how they get their jollies, so be it.. hell, i let 99 percent of their garbage just slide.. but occasionally they catch me in the right mood and i feel like trading a few barbs with them to find out if they're actually as brain dead as they make themselves out to be.
laugh.gif
Reply in general... I mean, let's be real... It'sbeen made abundantly clear that sense of humor goes out the window dealing with a lot of these guys... I think we realized that when we had the whole "Iwatch TV on a Sony Bravio, my life is good..." crap (was it you that comment was made towards?)...

Bold ... You gotta remember too, Cowboys fans in general take a TON of crap on this message board... And that's why I get defensive about it every now andthen... It's been said on here repeatedly, but some guys would genuinely rather see the Cowboys lose than their own teams win... And that's madeabundantly clear every time something goes wrong with the Cowboys and you get threads on here blowing up 5 or 10 pages in a matter of minutes... Dudes sit onthe edge of their seat waiting for this team to fail so they can comment and get their laughs...

And in general, I agree with part of your original argument... You don't eject James Harrison in the Super Bowl for what he did... But giving a dude akidney shot then slugging him in the neck is a dirty play, no matter how you slice it. That doesn't happen on most punts in the NFL like you said... Andjust because a Cowboys fan says it's dirty doesn't mean he's salty and trying to rain on anybody's parade...
ohwell.gif
Fans of other teams talked about how it was dirty earlier in the thread whenit happened... Are they salty? Were they raining on your parade?

Like... You made a comment about those sorry @#* Cowboys minutes after your team won the Super Bowl...
laugh.gif
Lighten up. Smile. Enjoy it. You dogged that damn team all season long, andthey won it all...
laugh.gif

Anyways, congrats on the win... Enjoy it.

is it just me or does every play we make get reviewed? we never have safe and sound plays, every one is a nailbiter that ends up getting reviewed... it just got really annoying to me tonight that every time i was trying to celebrate a huge play for us i had to sit there for 5 minutes and wait for the official review to finish.

This team made me sweat more than any team i've ever seen... it was never easy for them to do anything.
i dont know why theyre crying about the final play. a review wouldn't have overturned the call on the field. the official reviews always makeme wanna reach for oxygen mask and a syringe of adrenaline to get my heart going again. extreme anxiety in big games ftl

is it just me or does every play we make get reviewed? we never have safe and sound plays, every one is a nailbiter that ends up getting reviewed... it just got really annoying to me tonight that every time i was trying to celebrate a huge play for us i had to sit there for 5 minutes and wait for the official review to finish.

Agreed. But I think it goes both ways. Our catches are reviewed so much because of Ben throwing into tight spaces or along the sidelines. But thisseason was all around tough.

Blah, blah, blah. Onto the combine.
pimp.gif

Well, I guess the Pro Bowl is first.
grin.gif

The skills competition is usually aired on Saturday, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom