Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

So is every game rigged or just the playoffs? If the Cowboys got in it would have been Pitt vs Dal since it is the two largest fanbases, maybe next year....

the cowboys are not relevant ... in fact, the cowboys suck from top to bottom ... but they dont have ANY prblem making money ... but to answer your question, ireally dont know about the every game thing ... maybe the important games ie... steelers division championship and home field ... i mean who honestly likes theravens outside of baltimore?

MarleysProtege wrote:
hmmm lets see ... ... ... the steelers have the largest fan base in football ... ... ... the economy is in shambles ... isnt it just convenient how that whole thing worked out? im not one for conspiracy, but first the 9/11 "Patriots" winning the super bowl, and now the largest fan base aka cash cow winning ... someone knwos what they are doing ...

brandonb ... youre a bama ... i guess me giving credit to santonio and ben on that last drive wasnt enough huh? or me giving credit to the entire cardinals team wasnt enough huh? shut your salty beltway $#$ up ...

Come on Marley... give credit where credit is due! If your team ( I assume the Cow____) were more concerned with winning on the field instead of "marketing" you could have won your 6th...

But after seeing Zona ball like they did throughout the playoffs.... Dallas might have gotten molly-whopped ...
laugh.gif

ive already given credit to zona and the steelers ...

I'm salty ha?
roll.gif

Yea okay!

How do you give props and then down play what somebody did

+%$%#+* Indian Giver ...Typical DMV *@!%% Hating on some $@%$!

You not a Cardnials or Steelers fan so...

Watch the game, take your hating +!* to sleep, wake up... take your +!* to work in the morning end of story.

Congrats to the Steelers, they are top flight.
pimp.gif

But much love to the Cards too. Those guys fight with everything they have and they made one helluva run. Damn near did it too. Congrats to them as well.

Cowboy fans mad all around.
laugh.gif
I had to listen at the party I was atabout how Tony Romo is still better then Ben even though Romo never won a damn thing in his life, and all Ben does is win games in the last minute, clutch asall get out.

Tony Romo.
smh.gif

Larry Fitz, been a pleasure to see you play like this the last 4 playoff games. Your legacy is GROWING.
pimp.gif

what a game. congrats to the steelers and props to the cards for hanging in there until the end. great game.

Its funny because I remember Tim Colisaw or whatever the idiots name is tried to say there was a conspiracy and that the NFL wanted the Cowboys in the playoffs(altho it makes sense since they always have the highest ratings) because they moved the Tampa game to 1pm and there was "no way tampa would lose"therefore demoralizing Philly since they'd have nothing to play for. Yet, the exact opposite happened. If anything, moving the Tampa game helped Phillybecause they came out CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGED the @!%! up once they realized all they had to do was win.

I personally don't think games are rigged but its interesting that some of these writers don't put it past the NFL.

Now the NBA, that Lakers/Celtics %*!+ was rigged. Brent Barry was clearly fouled and them +$%!#$ aint do %*!+
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Cowboy fans mad all around. I had to listen at the party I was at about how Tony Romo is still better then Ben even though Romo never won a damn thing in his life, and all Ben does is win games in the last minute, clutch as all get out.

Tony Romo.
im not mad at all ... the 6 super bowl things is ehhh ... and lets just dead it all right now big ben > tony romo ... how romo is even inanyones top 10 is beyond me ... @++*+% bum

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

is 47 hurt? is the play over? then why should he let him go?
roll.gif
Did you think what Sapp did to Clifton was straight then?
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif
how can you compare to the two?

As I think about it this morning, I realize that you guys (anyone with some sort of rooting interest against the steeelers) have tried to discredit my squad inany way possible every time they win - so i'm done trying to defend the fact that we're the best team in the world. I guess if my team was full offail like most of you guys teams, I'd be pretty bitter and unreasonable, too.

It's no matter - anything you say and think won't take away the most superbowl titles in the league... have fun hating losers.
pimp.gif

one of the greatest superbowls of all time no question. all of you who say theres some conspiracy are idiots. it was a damn good game. let it be..

Originally Posted by AirWing03

one of the greatest superbowls of all time no question. all of you who say theres some conspiracy are idiots. it was a damn good game. let it be..
you know i wont lie, at first i was like, wow the refs are just giving this game to pit...but the calls evened out. arizona got their share ofcalls as well. it was called even.

regardless of the fact that big ben has the most game winning drives in the 4th/OT in the league in the past how many years and they just can't digest that. ben doesn't put up stats like warner, brees, rivers, romo etc and that totally makes him a bad qb.

This is NikeTalk, a QB has to throw 300 yards a game to be considered great.

roll.gif
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif
Both very far away from the play. Both cheap shots. Both unnecessary. You don't think that's a good basis for comparison?

Besides, at least Sapp didn't punch Clifton.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by AirWing03

you know i wont lie, at first i was like, wow the refs are just giving this game to pit...but the calls evened out. arizona got their share of calls as well. it was called even.
Thanks deadset - it won't mean much coming from me, but i felt the same way... for that one drive, i was feeling like the refs were helping usa bit (although only the roughing call was truly questionable i think).. i still think we got 6 on the first drive unless Ben's knee is all of a suddencompletely inverted, the law of physics don't let him be down there. But no matter, i'm just glad they finally called holding against Harrison a fewtimes. Levi Brown (penn state guy ) got his lunch eaten by woodley all game too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

regardless of the fact that big ben has the most game winning drives in the 4th/OT in the league in the past how many years and they just can't digest that. ben doesn't put up stats like warner, brees, rivers, romo etc and that totally makes him a bad qb.

This is NikeTalk, a QB has to throw 300 yards a game to be considered great.

this is the place that if you're not the GOAT, you're overrated or a fraud

roll.gif
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif
Both very far away from the play. Both cheap shots. Both unnecessary. You don't think that's a good basis for comparison?

Sapp was looking to take somebodys face off on that play.. and did.

Harrison was obviously pissed at this guy for something else that went on, and was hassling him for it.

I'm sure if they'd show us something more about that play, you'd realize this wasn't some unprovoked attack - Harrison has never done anythinglike that before, and i doubt he starts it in the superbowl. THrow in the fact that this guy was actually facing him while this happened, and the worst heactually got from it was just knocked on his butt... yeah i don't think it's the same thing, but nice reach.

roll.gif
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif

Harrison was obviously pissed at this guy for something else that went on, and was hassling him for it.

I'm sure if they'd show us something more about that play, you'd realize this wasn't some unprovoked attack - Harrison has never done anything like that before, and i doubt he starts it in the superbowl. THrow in the fact that this guy was actually facing him while this happened, and the worst he actually got from it was just knocked on his butt... yeah i don't think it's the same thing, but nice reach.
It's a shame you can't see anything from a different perspective. Why do you think the hate for the Steelers runs deep here?

I had to listen at the party I was at about how Tony Romo is still better then Ben even though Romo never won a damn thing in his life, and all Ben does is win games in the last minute, clutch as all get out.

Tony Romo.
smh.gif

QFT...

I will take an "average QB" with a 7-2 postseason record than a media star...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif

I'm sure if they'd show us something more about that play, you'd realize this wasn't some unprovoked attack - Harrison has never done anything like that before, and i doubt he starts it in the superbowl. THrow in the fact that this guy was actually facing him while this happened, and the worst he actually got from it was just knocked on his butt... yeah i don't think it's the same thing, but nice reach.
It's a shame you can't see anything from a different perspective. Why do you think the hate for the Steelers runs deep here?
Hate for the steelers runs deep everywhere there aren't steelers fans. it's a hate us cuz you ain't us sort of thing - we win theright way, and we win consistently.. yet we're always discredited by you knuckleheads the beginning of every season... (you picked the browns to win thedivision title? really? yeah, i'm the one in need of a perspective change
laugh.gif
)

I swear every game we won this year (and years past), the opposing team comes in with some crap about how the refs gave us the game or some conspiracy or blahblah blah. We never win straight up according to you guys.. yet we always seem to keep winning. It's the same with Big Ben too.... dude is just a gamemanager, despite the fact that he has 19 fourth quarter winning drives and two superbowl rings.

You guys are just haters - so it's whatever.

Really though - go through what you just quoted me for and explain where i'm wrong? sapp put a guy in the hospital who wasn't try to make a tackle...harrison smacked a guy on the back of his shoulder, then shoved him to the ground when he tried to stand up... and i PROMISE you it was provoked in some way...JH is not a dirty player, he's one of the most humble pro athletes i've ever heard. Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden daysof Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.

IMO Ben shouldve gotten the MVP. Substitute Ben play for a Brady or God forbid a Favre they would've gotten it unanimously. But Im happy either way.
smile.gif

roll.gif
Not even the same thing.

laugh.gif

Hate for the steelers runs deep everywhere there aren't steelers fans. it's a hate us cuz you ain't us sort of thing - we win the right way, and we win consistently.. yet we're always discredited by you knuckleheads the beginning of every season... (you picked the browns to win the division title? really? yeah, i'm the one in need of a perspective change
laugh.gif
)

I swear every game we won this year (and years past), the opposing team comes in with some crap about how the refs gave us the game or some conspiracy or blah blah blah. We never win straight up according to you guys.. yet we always seem to keep winning. It's the same with Big Ben too.... dude is just a game manager, despite the fact that he has 19 fourth quarter winning drives and two superbowl rings.

You guys are just haters - so it's whatever.

Really though - go through what you just quoted me for and explain where i'm wrong? sapp put a guy in the hospital who wasn't try to make a tackle... harrison smacked a guy on the back of his shoulder, then shoved him to the ground when he tried to stand up... and i PROMISE you it was provoked in some way... JH is not a dirty player, he's one of the most humble pro athletes i've ever heard. Sapp had a history of being an !%%*+*$, he is from the golden days of Miami football where they were ALL $!!%%%$+... JH does not, and that's why he gets the benefit of the doubt here.
1. I discredited you by thinking you'd be a wild card team?
2. The ends don't excuse the means. If Harrison had broken the dudes ankle when he pushed him back, would you say the same thing?

My initial comparison to what you wrote was spot on. Clifton wasn't hurt. The play was still going. Why should Sapp let him go? Based on your twoquestions, he shouldn't have.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion - but again, what was sapp's reasoning for doing what he did versus what Harrisons was? What was their history asplayers? What was the result of what each did? You're just going to ignore these parts of this because of the few things this play happens to have incommon with the other?

You're ignoring the important part of the story here in order to make some loose connection.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

IMO Ben shouldve gotten the MVP. Substitute Ben play for a Brady or God forbid a Favre they would've gotten it unanimously. But Im happy either way.
smile.gif
You repeatin what Skip said
nerd.gif

Here's a crappy longer video of what happened on the Harrison play... you can see, 47 tries to cut his knees but Harrison sees it coming and is NOT happyabout it. then 47 proceeds to lie there like a little ++!%@, cowering in fear.

I hate to burst your bubble Craftsy but the only thing you have going for you in the Sapp/Harrison discussion is that both plays were unnecessary.

The difference being that Sapp's hit on Clifton was completely legal. He gave a block to a guy that was motioning towards the ball. Plus, he didn't hithim low. He caught him at shoulder height.

If what you say is true about Harrison then dude is getting heated over a legal play. Edge was called for a chop block in the 1st half and was penalized 15yds. If the same were true about Francisco he would've been called for it. Was Francisco at knee height going for a chop block? I've yet to see thefootage of that. But if he was and he was the only guy blocking Harrison on that play then it's a clean and legal block. Madden explained it in the Edgepenalty that it's legal if its 1-on-1 and only illegal if the defender is already engaged in another block.

Trying to compare the two plays doesn't work simply because one is clean and the other is not.

Back
Top Bottom