Official Supreme Thread F/W Season Done. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is it may have reached a peak for the people that have been into it for some time, but its still climbing up for the new wave generation to reach another peak and so on and so on...Whether you like it or not, Supreme isn't going to go anywhere.

I pretty much equate it to Jordan Brand. Me personally, think Jordan Brand is utter trash for the most part, but it definitely isn't going anywhere. Dead to me and alot of us but alive and well with others.

Not if you were into supreme from the late 90’s onward.

in 09’ it was night and day in popularity from the prior decade

dont get me wrong, i dont think supreme is kinda die out (unless they go to karmaloop route lol).

im just saying this is as big as its gonna get. maybe 1 more huge collab with a tech giant like apple or that rolex rumor collab or something but other than that, its pretty much downhill. im still a fan so dont get it twisted.

it really is. when the odd future kids started snapping up the camp hats I thought there was no way supreme gets any more popular. clearly I was dead wrong.

the most surprising thing of all is SS shutting down.

I honestly feel like it will only get bigger

people been saying “Supreme is dead” for over a decade and look where it’s at now

Only reason SS died is Strictly quit paying the server fees

if you weren’t on ST! you really weren’t an SS og

I never had a problem with that. I’m sure we all wore fakes at some point of our lives. What makes me ticked off is when they pick on someone or roast a kid because of what they are wearing, but they themselves are wearing fakes. That’s what I don’t like
Yea that’s not it. I teach in a suburban area so a lot of these kids are privileged and those that aren’t try to “keep up”.

Had a kid last semester who copped some fake Concords with the thin laces. The other kids were starting to give them looks. You know the ones before they start acting like little brats. I talked to the kid after class and brought him some thick rope laces I had laying around the crib the next day from them legend blues from a couple years back so his pair would look a little more real. That and a couple of threats from me killed that bs.

It’s crazy how much “things” mean to kids as social symbols.

I never had a problem with that. I’m sure we all wore fakes at some point of our lives. What makes me ticked off is when they pick on someone or roast a kid because of what they are wearing, but they themselves are wearing fakes. That’s what I don’t like
I quite enjoyed when one of my students was wearing fake yeezy red stripes and was calling out another student for wearing SPLV oreos lol. I told them both their shoes are fake and pointed out the flaws. But told em at the end of the day to just wear what you want and that there's no need to rip each other for their clothes or shoes.

That LV collab solidified them, who would of thought a Supreme x Louis Vuitton lol bugs me out just writing that

Leather blazer > schott this season

the varsity from wk 1 the best item of the season by a mile outside of collabs

I honestly feel like it will only get bigger
people been saying “Supreme is dead” for over a decade and look where it’s at now
The biggest any brand can get is not how Supreme is now. If you look at how Adidas for example,
that's like a benchmark for what the height of a brand could be.

Supreme isn't available anywhere other than Supreme and resell shops. It can and it will get bigger.
It is changing but only if you let the noise distract you from what you originally liked about it in the first
place. They've stayed true for the most part IMO.

the SUP on one side and REME on the other for the fleece, and then on the Denali the "R" is lower down than the rest of the arc to accomodate the button snap....

Just comes off as so lazy. idek.

i don' think supreme will "die." but i do predict it going the route of stussy within the next 10 years just based on the previous 10 years.

Before you could only get it in one place in NY, LA, and 4 japan stores. Now it's in another NY store, Paris, London, and another Japan store. Which doesn't seem like a lot on the surface, but...

The opening of the online store made Supreme even more accessible, which also wasn't a bad thing at the time because it was still incredibly hard to get things and the store didn't have weekly drops when it first opened, but then...

Production has gone way up.

And Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber started wearing it...and the rest is history.

BTW, LA employees are the nicest Supreme folks I've met so far (NY & Paris dudes...SMDH).

if you thought supreme was at its peak 10 years ago then you're really bad at making judgements about peaks

You’re right, I definitely didn’t think it’d be as big as it is now. It’s silly to think it’s going downhill, they keep doing their thing and the next wave of kids keeps eating it up.

Meanwhile, there’s still tons of folks who been rocking with the brand for decades. Some come and go, some never leave

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_15-58-11.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-25_15-58-11.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 33
I dont see supreme dying any time soon but in 5 years or so its gonna be just like stussy or the hundreds....available every where and no hype whatsoever. Just my opnion tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom