***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Yeah. Not sure why he left wether business or personally. He’s from NYC originally but him and his brother have a shop out there and he oddly isn’t even working there.

Nice. Man. That back of the knee area must have been killer. When I got my thigh tattoo, I thought it was the worst pain ever and it didn’t even hit none of the areas that’s truly painful like shin, knee, back of knee, etc. Props for enduring that.
Back of the knee lines and shading and the knee are probably the worst pains Ive felt..literally broke out in a sweat, had to go to my happy place to endure those sessions
💀💀💀

any good tattoo artist from NYC yall could refer? NOT CHARGING an ARM and a leg?
What kind of art are you looking for? I only follow the guys/gals that charge an arm an a leg on IG cause of their fame but this one skater told me he got tatted from David Bennet and he's in Newport RI. Perhaps he's cheaper since he's outside the city but who knows.

His personal: https://www.instagram.com/dbentattoo/?
His shop: https://www.instagram.com/sittingbulltattoonewport/

FInally got booked with David Vega! He's been #1 on my list in the states, as far as black/gray go. Took almost half a year to hear back and finally put the deposit down.
Never heard of him but he's good. What is his rate? His skin tones on his portrait stuff his awesome....from old to young.

Never heard of him but he's good. What is his rate? His skin tones on his portrait stuff his awesome....from old to young.

100%. He's $2k/session
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 3.14.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 3.15.26 PM.png

I’ve heard that David PS’s his pics. That greywash work that he does is unreal so I’m inclined to believe it.

I have a 500$ gift card for my local shop that I’ve been sitting on for a year. I don’t really want anything right now though. :lol: I’ll probably get something once kid #2 gets here next year

regarding pricing, all the guys at my local shop are really good and are 150$/hr and that seems to be the standard around here (philly suburbs). I wouldn’t pay much more than that myself, but I don’t really care to get something from most of the well known expensive artists. $150/hr is enough, good quality work and the cost still adds up quick when doing big pieces or sleeves. :lol:

I have a 500$ gift card for my local shop that I’ve been sitting on for a year. I don’t really want anything right now though. :lol: I’ll probably get something once kid #2 gets here next year

regarding pricing, all the guys at my local shop are really good and are 150$/hr and that seems to be the standard around here (philly suburbs). I wouldn’t pay much more than that myself, but I don’t really care to get something from most of the well known expensive artists. $150/hr is enough, good quality work and the cost still adds up quick when doing big pieces or sleeves. :lol:
The hourly thing is odd cause some people can be $150 and hour but take super long. My first tattoos were like $400-500 a piece but my half sleeve (which isn't even done) was $200 an hour but took like 3 sessions at like 5-6 hours each. With tip and all, I am above like $3K and I still have the elbow to do and touch ups which I'd imagine would be almost another grand by the end of it, so I just never finished it. Haha. My last tattoo which was just a 10 hour session on my thigh was $3K which is $300 an hour but it was complete in one sit and looks awesome.

Son trynna get the 50$ tattoo
Bad-Lion-Tattoo-2.jpg
Although a lot of basketball players are getting better tattoos, it still amazes me how these million dollar athletes get the worst stuff.

Lonzo Ball's ;eft sleeve is so much better than his right.

75a48c418c8057cbbf8cb43eb2609ad6_xl.jpg

I am open to some ideas I would like something similar to either of these
Images-of-Owl-Sleeve-Tattoos.jpg
owl-and-skull-tattoo-21.jpg
owl-and-skull-tattoo-21.jpg

Kind of along those lines.. this is my idea entirely. I went to this artist, gave him my idea (my sons names are Cairo and Cosmo so I wanted an Egyptian queen with the sun/planets above). Ended up going with a different artist who does more traditional black/gray vs this style. Looking back I really regret not getting this lol
Screenshot_20200901-132428_Instagram.jpg

Nice bro. I was trying to take a trip to Texas and book him for this summer but Covid changed that. i heard he does multiple sessions on his portraits

Word, yeah Im in Denver so I'll have to make the trip. Im booked early December. Cant wait

Kind of along those lines.. this is my idea entirely. I went to this artist, gave him my idea (my sons names are Cairo and Cosmo so I wanted an Egyptian queen with the sun/planets above). Ended up going with a different artist who does more traditional black/gray vs this style. Looking back I really regret not getting this lol
Screenshot_20200901-132428_Instagram.jpg

Word, yeah Im in Denver so I'll have to make the trip. Im booked early December. Cant wait
Good stuff bro. I’m in nyc and once covid peaked my work schedule changed so couldn’t commit on dates with him yet since I’ll most likely have to take a few days off. I’ll probably be PMing you for more info about the experience and rate lol

Think I've asked this before, but do you guys consistently shave over tats that grow hair? Arms, legs, chest, etc. Not a fan of hair growing back over a tat lol

Wondered about that too. I got hairy arms and wonder if it's even worth it to get a sleeve since my armhair would cover most of it.

Wondered about that too. I got hairy arms and wonder if it's even worth it to get a sleeve since my armhair would cover most of it.
I’m a hairy dude and my artist told me to shave my leg sleeve. Said it looks better and helps the longevity of the tattoo. I can’t remember his reasoning. :lol: needless to say I don’t shave my leg.

I wanna get St Michael angel on my neck (similar to Pharell’s placement). Meh. Neck pain got me feeling nervous. Still havent locked down an NYC artist either. Any recommendations? Not trying to spend over say $1500 (really 1k).

I shave my legs on occasion which is mostly in the summer. It just makes the tattoo look better. My arms are fine at least but I don’t think it’s odd to shave consistantly if you have to.

I shave my legs on occasion which is mostly in the summer. It just makes the tattoo look better. My arms are fine at least but I don’t think it’s odd to shave consistantly if you have to.
Guess my issue would be if on a rare occurrence you stop shaving and the hair is od

what artist is this?

Personally “trim” my arms for the tats with body shower trimmer. Makes tats pop more. Finna do legs now that i got tatted there. Ef it

Back
Top Bottom