***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I hate when people say stuff like this ...... I’ve been tattooing for 10 years in San Francisco and one thing I have learned is that pain is subjective. We as people all have different thresholds for pain. Just because one guy got his shoulder blasted and sat like a champ doesn’t mean the next person will. I’ve had people faint while getting their arms done, I’ve had people tap out on a tattoo that should’ve taken less then 10 minutes. .... and I also have clients that laugh when getting their knees and feet done.

I plan on getting my calves/legs tatted and I only wear shorts from april to october so theyre gonna be exposed to sun a lot
Theyre gonna be black ink only/shading, no color but its good to know sunscreen is a must

I hate when people say stuff like this ...... I’ve been tattooing for 10 years in San Francisco and one thing I have learned is that pain is subjective. We as people all have different thresholds for pain. Just because one guy got his shoulder blasted and sat like a champ doesn’t mean the next person will. I’ve had people faint while getting their arms done, I’ve had people tap out on a tattoo that should’ve taken less then 10 minutes. .... and I also have clients that laugh when getting their knees and feet done.
What's protocol when a customer faints? Done for the the day, but do you try again?

Yeah it’s basically a wrap for they day once they pass out. Most people have tell-tale signs that they’re passing out - so I try and catch it ahead of time - so it won’t be a problem later. If you’re getting tattooed and you feel like you’re going to faint - TELL YOUR TATTOOER.

1. Take a brake - sit in a chair w your head down in your lap for a few minutes. Don’t get up until you feel better
2.once you’re able to stand and walk around get some fresh air
3. Drink a soda or eat a candy bar to get your blood sugar back up

passing out can happen to anyone - avoid getting tattooed on an empty stomach and drink lots of water

I am sure you must have tattooed a drunk person before. I heard it looks like a murder scene and is the worst for a tattoo artist.

What shop do you work at on SF?

I’ll tattoo drunk people - it really just depends on their attitude lol. The bleeding in my experience is a problem when someone was drinking heavily the night before.

I used to want realistic tats, but I’m leaning towards traditional these days. Just black, no color

I could be wrong but from what I've seen online colored tats fade faster and look terrible when they do.
You gotta get them retouched every 5 years.
Im like you, I used to want full color tats but now that Im older I only plan on getting black tats
nintchdbpict000322082191.jpg

I have full sleeves and full chest/sides/back all in black and grey definitely the way to go for longer lasting ink

I could be wrong but from what I've seen online colored tats fade faster and look terrible when they do.
You gotta get them retouched every 5 years.
Im like you, I used to want full color tats but now that Im older I only plan on getting black tats
nintchdbpict000322082191.jpg
What is odd is white skin looks great getting all style tattoos but also looks the worst in the long run. I actually don't even think that is that bad considering that is 8 years old. I am sort of tan in a way and have color tattoos and when I got it, I didn't get why the color didn't pop but was told later it was the pigment of my skin. Fast forward 10 years later, I feel my color tattoos look the same as they did when I got them. So it's like a weird gift and a curse.

You guys go into y'all appointments with numbing cream on? If so what do ya use?

And what products y'all use for after care.
Ointment
Soap
I never used numbing cream. The tattoo shops I've been to charge like $20 for numbing cream application.

Pain is subjective, but you mightttt get addicted to the pain :lol: The adrenaline rush from getting inked is something else. From my experience, the most pain was when the tattoo machine is at a boney area. My ankles were my quickest, but most painful tattoos I had. And it hurts too when the coloring/shading occurs for a long period of time, since the skin gets super tender after awhile. What are you planning on getting?

Aftercare -- I used regular antibacterial soap. Just lathered the soap in my hands and rubbed the fresh ink. Then I used a thin layer of aquaphor when the area is still oozing/tender, for like the first few days. Then I switched over to the regular eucerin lotion i use.

I think it depends on the ink and how well you take care of your skin? You should be fine if you go the color route. I personally just don’t like color. I like old school tattoos. It’s just the type of tats I’ve seen coming up. Most do it in color, but I just want black. I don’t knock realistic black and grey tats. They really dope

Im asian (filipino but not dark) for reference and my Japanese sleeve is just as colorful as when I got it done 7 years ago.

Might use numbing cream for my neck. Not looking forward to that pain.

I never used numbing cream. The tattoo shops I've been to charge like $20 for numbing cream application.

Pain is subjective, but you mightttt get addicted to the pain :lol: The adrenaline rush from getting inked is something else. From my experience, the most pain was when the tattoo machine is at a boney area. My ankles were my quickest, but most painful tattoos I had. And it hurts too when the coloring/shading occurs for a long period of time, since the skin gets super tender after awhile. What are you planning on getting?

Aftercare -- I used regular antibacterial soap. Just lathered the soap in my hands and rubbed the fresh ink. Then I used a thin layer of aquaphor when the area is still oozing/tender, for like the first few days. Then I switched over to the regular eucerin lotion i use.

Thanks for the info.

Gonna start a sleeve so the first session is my upped arm. Not sure what I want yet lol but it's gonna be big

Color is fine as long as it’s not blended in. If it’s a single solid color I closed by an outline it’ll age fine (will fade over time).

Came in here after seeing an ad on IG about numbing cream. I was gonna ask if anyone has ever used any. I never have and have sat for 7 hour sessions before. But lets keep it a bean, if I have to sit for another extended session like that and numbing cream would make it less annoying on the home stretch, **** what y'all talking about I definitely would use it. :lol:

Tattoo pain for me isn't unbearable by any stretch. But my stomach/rib area had me sore and with the chills after from tensing and clenching up the entire time.

Arms I pretty much fall sleep each time unless it's a long session.

And yes, don't ever get a tattoo on an empty stomach. Got a touch up on a chest piece some years ago and I damn near fainted. Never happened to me before. Pain wasn't even THAT bad I guess my body just had a weird response that night. Went and got Burger King, came back and was fine. Straight embarrassing too cuz my cousin was with me with a baddie and I know she was looking like "weak ***:smh:"

Came in here after seeing an ad on IG about numbing cream. I was gonna ask if anyone has ever used any. I never have and have sat for 7 hour sessions before. But lets keep it a bean, if I have to sit for another extended session like that and numbing cream would make it less annoying on the home stretch, **** what y'all talking about I definitely would use it. :lol:

Tattoo pain for me isn't unbearable by any stretch. But my stomach/rib area had me sore and with the chills after from tensing and clenching up the entire time.

And yes, don't ever get a tattoo on an empty stomach. Got a touch up on a chest piece some years ago and I damn near fainted. Never happened to me before. Pain wasn't even THAT bad I guess my body just had a weird response that night. Went and got Burger King, came back and was fine. Straight embarrassing too cuz my cousin was with me with a baddie and I know she was looking like "weak ***:smh:"
Got a tatt done after a long 2-3 hour workout. Worst mistake of my life lol. I shook about half the time.

As far as creams, I used dr. Numb once. It works without a doubt.

I used numbing cream on my chest/stomach and it definitely helps only down side is when it wears off man it’s a different kinda pain. Was about 7 hour session about hour 3-4 it started to fade though. I used Uber numb

I got my right chest done about 3 weeks ago. I got some ink toward my chest years back which wasn't that bad but this time around it hurt. My tattoo artists initially wanted me to get inked toward my ribs and I actually chickened out and said no. I just don't get how people get inked in the ribs and even stomach. I just don't think I can take it.

Back
Top Bottom