***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

If you find the perfect guy for the job you make the sacrifice. I don’t think some people understand what permanent means :lol: you better make it count

Nothing wrong with traveling to get what you want..I wonder where dude is from that he can't find an artist that'll suit his needs to a T..I live in city in OH that only has 140k people and there are plenty of award (national convention) winning artists within 30 minutes of me..So unless that guy is from the smallest town in North Dakota I would think he'd be able to find someone without having to get a passport and an international flight..

I’ve always heard cover ups hurt worse?

back on track with this arm. 3 more sessions booked. The peony is fresh

3039B09E-3BB8-4F00-8D5D-4B287722BB5F.jpeg

Just got my head covered up today. Went from a “wolf” to an actual wolf. Josh Wilson at Rebel Rebel Tattoo in Dayton OH did the work..
8C8457E8-233F-4A1E-A366-DD28916F7987.jpeg
8D96F51D-2D66-423D-A6CC-2376FBFB8AA3.jpeg
I have to ask....what kind of job do you have where you can get you dome tatted?

If didn't have the most corporate job in the world, I would totally go crazy with tattoos. My regret to this day with my job is my forearm tattoo which oddly was my first tattoo. I should have kept it elbow and up. Would have made life just so much easier on hot days in the office.

Nothing wrong with traveling to get what you want..I wonder where dude is from that he can't find an artist that'll suit his needs to a T..I live in city in OH that only has 140k people and there are plenty of award (national convention) winning artists within 30 minutes of me..So unless that guy is from the smallest town in North Dakota I would think he'd be able to find someone without having to get a passport and an international flight..
I live in south fl. I never said I don’t want to travel. I’m just looking to get pointed in the right direction stateside. I’m having a hard time even online through ig finding good artists stateside.

Been working on my back for a while now. Haven’t touched it in over 5 years. Needs a few more sittings. Additionally my forearm was 2 full day sessions. Different artist for my back and forearm. I got a great hook up on my back. Each character / piece was 150$ So roughly 1050 total without tip. My forearm was 800/day for 1600 total. And the additional pic is I bought a tattoo gun and let me kids tattoo there names on me. HURT like crazy !!!! As you can see it didn’t turn out great!

Attachments

• 4FFCE196-40BC-4A76-9BBD-411589708272.png
    4FFCE196-40BC-4A76-9BBD-411589708272.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • 33747380-0A47-46A8-8960-9FB9ED229D9C.png
    33747380-0A47-46A8-8960-9FB9ED229D9C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • C8036A21-0584-4414-80BE-7D194D122719.jpeg
    C8036A21-0584-4414-80BE-7D194D122719.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 51
  • D58FA14B-5F24-4159-9822-D29E656C8F1F.jpeg
    D58FA14B-5F24-4159-9822-D29E656C8F1F.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 2C2AC642-597F-4A9E-B7BA-150B51388ED1.jpeg
    2C2AC642-597F-4A9E-B7BA-150B51388ED1.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 82F56400-44B9-4D29-8CBA-552333E11D18.jpeg
    82F56400-44B9-4D29-8CBA-552333E11D18.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 96
they super trash for this. Has no intentions of tatting me. I get what she’s saying, truly. But the money don’t matter apparently, the fact I waited 6 months don’t matter either. Smh
932FF6B3-BC85-4CAF-A81E-FC7121057E83.jpeg

F0270BE4-3A22-4C4C-9EDB-BB1649B75A0E.jpeg

Did you not have any communication over the last 6 months since you booked?

Zero fam, no consult, no email, text, call, yet your wife got the nerve to message me via Facebook, skipping all other modes of communication after the fact?

the dude at the front desk (not the artist) took my info/tat idea and that was it.

Zero fam, no consult, no email, text, call, yet your wife got the nerve to message me via Facebook, skipping all other modes of communication after the fact?

the dude at the front desk (not the artist) took my info/tat idea and that was it.

Damn no consult?? Thats weak af

For all of my appts, I had a very specific consult w/ the artist. Once we came to terms on design I paid a deposit and booked a date. I thought it was weird there was never any follow up but none of my artists ever reached back out again leading up.

That said, its super trash for the shop to not even call on the day of. At least make an outreach before marking a client absent.

Why would YOU have to call to see if the appt is still on after you already booked the appt? THEY should be calling 24-48 hrs beforehand to confirm the appt. Those folks are extremely stupid.

Really don’t now what to say. If I put money down I’d be hitting them up until I got a response. With that said, terrible customer service and no consult? Above all I’m not going into anywhere just making something up off the fly to have permanently on me. Then they’d stretch whatever you wanted into two sittings minimum. Sounds like they’d charge you for the time they’re drawing it up too. No thanks on that

I'm assuming you didn't pay anything which is good and although I agree with you, I probably woulda called at some point if not showed up on my appointment date/time.

I have to ask....what kind of job do you have where you can get you dome tatted?

If didn't have the most corporate job in the world, I would totally go crazy with tattoos. My regret to this day with my job is my forearm tattoo which oddly was my first tattoo. I should have kept it elbow and up. Would have made life just so much easier on hot days in the office.

I don't have a job..I hurt my back 20yrs ago and have had 7 back surgeries, so I'm on permanent disability..I'm tatted from my knuckles to my shoulders, my whole chest, 2/3 of my back, top/side of my head, and from my ankles up to my knees..smh..Running out of room..So now I spend most of my tattoo time getting stuff re-worked or covered up..

Just realized I haven't heard back from my artist since they canceled appointments when they had to close for a bit for covid laws. No idea if they even reopened.

Very unprofessional from their side. I'd raise hell to get my bread back. It's not about the money, but the principle of it. That's not how you do business.

Never had an artist hit me up for a reminder for an appt, but then again I’ve never booked 6 months out.

I have to book 3 months in advance at my shop and both times I didn't recieve any communication prior to the appt

Lots of jobs. Electricians, data techs, dry wall installers...basically the field. Got their whole body tattooed. I seen ex-gang members from racist skin heads, Mexicans Asians tattooed in the field. Seen someone at Home Depot a few years back blasted helping customers. Lol

So got tattooed. Minor infection. Noticed White pus was forming when I took off tegaderm. Looked 3 like small holes. Washed it off and it bled red. Patted it with clean towel. Waited 30 min before putting lotion. Scabs formed. I repeated process the following days. It’s 2 weeks healed now. Holes have closed, but they’re white. Do you think loss of ink, or still healing? Thx

So got tattooed. Minor infection. Noticed White pus was forming when I took off tegaderm. Looked 3 like small holes. Washed it off and it bled red. Patted it with clean towel. Waited 30 min before putting lotion. Scabs formed. I repeated process the following days. It’s 2 weeks healed now. Holes have closed, but they’re white. Do you think loss of ink, or still healing? Thx
I think loss of ink. I had that happen to my arm. Just some odd area would not heal correctly and by the end of it, the ink never stayed in. But your tattoo artist should be used to doing touch ups and it should be free (minus a tip I guess). I would just schedule another appointment to just clean things up. And this is coming from a guy that never went back to do that and my arm still looks crappy. So don't make the same mistake as I did.

I think loss of ink. I had that happen to my arm. Just some odd area would not heal correctly and by the end of it, the ink never stayed in. But your tattoo artist should be used to doing touch ups and it should be free (minus a tip I guess). I would just schedule another appointment to just clean things up. And this is coming from a guy that never went back to do that and my arm still looks crappy. So don't make the same mistake as I did.
Yep. Mines an odd area too. I’ll wait til it’s completely healed before going. Thanks for the reply

Depends how you got the appointment done. If it was one of those systems where anyone can go online and book as long as there's times available, I can definitely see how they'd assume that's the end (e.g. booking an appointment for a barber). I've been tatted by one of the best artists and that was the system - no consult beforehand and you book via the website and you discuss the design on the day (not charged for that time).

However, most artists do require some type of back and forth communication. She should just be a nice person and refund you for whatever the appointment fee was.

I have an assistant that handles my scheduling, she is phenomenal and is in communication regularly with my clients. However, it's not up to her to call to confirm your appointment that YOU made and wanted. It's perfectly clear that if you don't call or show up you lose your deposit.
As much some people feel it's a courtesy to do that, it's also a courtesy to the artist for you to call the shop to say you can't make it or be honest and say you simply forgot.
I'm very fortunate that I'm able to have a little bit of a waiting list, and also have people that will come in on short notice if there's a cancellation/no show, and rarely have I had anybody in the amount of years I've been tattooing that was mad that they didn't receive a reminder about an appointment.
My .02

Back
Top Bottom