***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Shes dope. I put in a request. :lol:

I wanna get The First Kiss by Bouguereau on my neck.

Regarding her work do you know (or have a prediction) of how it'll age? Seems like she uses thin lines and I've read they don't age well.

Thinking about getting my first tattoo so my bad for the noob questions

Regarding her work do you know (or have a prediction) of how it'll age? Seems like she uses thin lines and I've read they don't age well.

Depends where you get it but theres a phrase in tattooing, “bold never gets old”. Strong lines, the tattoo will last, thats why traditional type tattooos age well cause they use thick bold outlines. Honestly dont know how the “softer” tattoos will last, im getting this on my neck and idk how long itll stay 100% not muddy.

E5D4CC0D-4635-459E-9C27-C3440E23AB80.png

Thanks. I been trying to look for healed works 2+ years for those type of tattoos and they still look better than I expected. But then again I doubt 2 years is a long time

Screenshot_20210414-185903_Instagram.jpg

Thanks. I been trying to look for healed works 2+ years for those type of tattoos and they still look better than I expected. But then again I doubt 2 years is a long time

Screenshot_20210414-185903_Instagram.jpg

My Japanese sleeve and right arm (mostly traditional colored and traditional black/gray) look really good still and they are 8+ years old. I swear my Japanese peonies still are as colorful as when I got it.

Someone got a tattoo from Goldy in NYC on here and man.....she kills it now. I don't really remember thinking any of her at the time but her work has gotten even that much better. But with her rate being $500 an hour, I bet you have to spend at least $2-3K for work.

I got a fine line piece at Bang Banf I think 2 years ago? Aged well so far, we will see in 10 years :lol:

put in a request as well.Pocketing this stimmy check for more ink, I’m thirsty

My Japanese sleeve and right arm (mostly traditional colored and traditional black/gray) look really good still and they are 8+ years old. I swear my Japanese peonies still are as colorful as when I got it.
I have multiple random pieces on both arms. Wish I went the sleeve route because I really want a 3/4 Japanese sleeve. Might do a Japanese leg sleeve actually

Depends where you get it but theres a phrase in tattooing, “bold never gets old”. Strong lines, the tattoo will last, thats why traditional type tattooos age well cause they use thick bold outlines. Honestly dont know how the “softer” tattoos will last, im getting this on my neck and idk how long itll stay 100% not muddy.

E5D4CC0D-4635-459E-9C27-C3440E23AB80.png

local artist just did their rendition of this

Tattoo aging maters on your skin type too. If you’re naturally dark all that will look like a mess in a couple years. All traditional tattoos are bold and solid for a reason.

I thinks possible for those tats to last but you’ll have to baby it for sure. No sun, no abrasions, ect
Abrasions for sure. I had some scars from a bike accident on my back and scrapped off part of my tattoo.

The kicker though is it was one of those calligraphy tattoos where you can see the fine lines from the needles as if it was brush stroke. Through only 3 or so years, all of those lines blended as one practically. So it really makes me feel all that single needle stuff really loses its detail only after a couple of years.

And I agree on the traditional tattoos. There is a reason why they are so classic but only people that know tattoos will appreciate it. Some people think those tattoos are so boring but I like the idea that if you got say a Japanese tattoo that you have something that the Yakuza might have had.

Just booked an appointment in May with a guest artist from Korea. He's coming to LA for 2 months.

Want something similar to this.

This is my first tattoo so I'm kinda nervous LOL

Last edited:
I just had my second kid and wanted to go get something quick done. Called my shop and the artist with the shortest wait is at 8 months. :sick: I’m in Philly suburbs and it’s a good shape but nothing crazy.

May have to hit the “walk in” spot. :lol:
Congrats on the 2nd kid.
Just wait it out on the tattoo. Why rush??

It doesn't hurt until ~4 hours in depending on where you get tatted. And when they come with the whites better be ready.
Haven't been tatted for 4 years. Glad I saved my arms till now but I am itching - gon be honest though the talent to price ratio in the US is underwhelming compared to down under / Europe

Back
Top Bottom