***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Nice. How much was that and how long did it take?

Every time my birthday hits, I always want to get new ink. I am sort of over the sleeve thing and just want little jammers here and there. I guess as I get older, I don't even give a crap what I look like. Just want to still collect tattoos here and there.

3.5 hours and shes 500 an hour. im definitely not doing a whole sleeve concept just get things that fit that i like

tempImageIEBuXE.jpg

I know American traditional ages the best but I couldn't find an artist like that where I'm at right now. Will this tattoo age well? What kind of style is it? I like how it looks but I will have ragrets if this ages like poor milk :stoneface:

Thanks in advance

tempImageIEBuXE.jpg

I know American traditional ages the best but I couldn't find an artist like that where I'm at right now. Will this tattoo age well? What kind of style is it? I like how it looks but I will have ragrets if this ages like poor milk :stoneface:

Thanks in advance

thats black/grey realism (except maybe not the dinosaur) and some age well, some dont. it really depends on the artists and how well the client takes care of it.

bold will hold so if youre worried about that then get someone who does bold outlines.

i have seen fine line sleeves/tattoos over 3 years old though that age pretty well but honestly, all tattoos will end up looking faded/bad

Gonna finish up my sleeve next month. Been ready to start my other arm and already have the concept and ideas of how I want it done. It’s gonna be black/gray realism.

I’ve been following a handful of artist, even my artist now gave me some recommendations and people he knows personally who do that style, but I can’t seem to narrow it down. Is it just me or is it hard to judge black gray realism through pictures? I see a lot of artist either edit and saturate their photos way too much. A fresh tattoo with editing looks way different to when it’s healed.

I feel like a lot of these artists try too hard for the gram and tik toks, so it’s hard to judge their work

Yeah that’s why I like my artist. He posts his stuff every now and then, but never overdoes it with those corny tik tok edits and filters.

3.5 hours and shes 500 an hour. im definitely not doing a whole sleeve concept just get things that fit that i like

3.5hrs!?

Not knocking the piece but that rate is robbery.

As long as you like it and it’s your money I suppose…

3.5hrs!?

yeah all my tattoos are similar size and have taken 3-4 hours from different artists as well. in terms of rate i know on pricier side but i love her work and don't have to wait months to get on the books so it is what it is

3.5hrs!?

Fine needle tattoos just take a long time to cover. And even though that artist is $500 an hour, I think they are charging for the piece. If that tattoo costs $1750, then that sort of makes sense to today's time and if they have a following.

Kind of a weird question but how much of a half sleeve is usually designed by the customer?

Obviously, there will be a range. Some people will come in with a specific picture of a specific thing. But what about people who are thinking about it in a more abstract way and don't have specific pictures of specific things.

Like, how much does direction does a good tattoo artist need to be given to make something cool? I mean, generally speaking, just in terms of the design. If the "output" is cool tattoo design, what's the "input" required for a tat artist who knows what they're doing?

Yeah that’s why I like my artist. He posts his stuff every now and then, but never overdoes it with those corny tik tok edits and filters.
The thing is a lot of these up and coming artists are crazy talented. They just get caught up in all the clout chasing. Overdoing the brightness and saturation of their photos, trying to make their work pop even more. To the point where it looks unrealistic. Take some shots in natural light from multiple angles and just let your work speak for itself.

3.5hrs!?

As long as you like the work performed then an artist rate is priceless imo (unless we talking truly outrageous) the way I see it is, this is gonna be stuck with you the rest of your life, it truly is the only thing you take with you when you die. Unlike other materialistic objects such as cars, clothes etc. So I try not to judge an artist by how much they ask.

My artist still only charges me what he was charging when he was apprentice ($120)since I’ve been going to him since he first started. Even then he still undercharges me. We recently did a 5 hour sesh and was like “just give me 350 bro” but I still gave him $600 just for the respect fact

On the other hand my girls hairstylist just made an announcement on IG saying she’s now charging $350 an hour :rofl:
My girl and her sister will no longer be going to her anymore lmao. She even made a video complaining about half of her upcoming clients next month cancelling their appointments because of the price increase. Lmao. I’ll never understand paying that much for a haircut/color that won’t look the same in 4 months.

At least Tatts are permanent and go with you to the grave, so the price can be justified

Last edited:
Kind of a weird question but how much of a half sleeve is usually designed by the customer?

Obviously, there will be a range. Some people will come in with a specific picture of a specific thing. But what about people who are thinking about it in a more abstract way and don't have specific pictures of specific things.

Like, how much does direction does a good tattoo artist need to be given to make something cool? I mean, generally speaking, just in terms of the design. If the "output" is cool tattoo design, what's the "input" required for a tat artist who knows what they're doing?

If you're working with a good artist you should just give them a concept/elements you want incooperated and let them do their thing.

It depends. Some artist have gotten to the point where they only do their artwork and that is it. Others will let you have an opinion on a concept but the artist is the one who interprets it for the most part. Sometimes a mock up or line drawings done but I have heard of some artist that will only do one revision and that is it. So yeah.....it depends on the person you are using.

Will add, I have done it both ways where I asked the artist to do their own thing and I brought in a design to get tattooed and both weren't a 100% to my liking but I've learned to deal with it. Sometimes expectations are different then what the outcome is. I think two tattoos came out exactly how I envisioned and one was cause it was a standard Greek tattoo and the other was his own caligraphy.

Stealing that idea cheeman cheeman thats amazing I share the same sentiments with the game for sure. Going to Hawaii this year anyone know where to get an authentic Kakau Tattoos?

I am super big fan Lucky even when he was going out with Mandy Garcia. I hope one day I can get something from him.

Reactions: 17
Need more artists who do this style in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom