***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Alright I am back to trying to get a Hannah Aitchinson tattoo. I emailed her today and it looks like I will be emailing her for a long time until she finally replies. Ugh

Thanks. I tried for so long the first time and got nothing out of it. This time I told her my idea and said she can have full creative control. And I changed the subject matter. Every once in a while I get frustrated and call her secretary. (Hannah works at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago when she isnt doing LA ink). She gets 500 emails a day. I was told she responds to them in order. But I think she does it at random or I wouldve gotten a reply after all this time.

My other artist, Jaime Ames Navarro, is getting big but he is way more attainable. 2 month waiting list if you must see him in the weekends. A couple weeks if you can make it on a weekday.

Last edited:
New guy here. Nice tats here. Currently trying to complete a 3/4 sleeve. Most done by carlos rojas from black anchor in hesperia,ca . He did that vegas dedication piece on pg. 43.The virgin mary is part of a bigger piece to be completed by Robert Pho from Las vegas. Might laser the angel :frown: if the pieces dont blend well. The art is dope but sometimes, as i was just starting my sleeve, i might have gone too big.

Virgin Mary

http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/gbinkster80/media/2013-07-21_162033.jpg.html

Angel..skull and rose by carlos rojas

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/GBINKSTER/media/2013-06-26_210356_zpsb1813b7b.jpg.html

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/GBINKSTER/media/2013-06-26_210422_zps27b2b30a.jpg.html

Im a huge fan of Nikko also. 2 years ago when i was starting my sleeve, i was constantly trying to get ahold of carlos torres and nikko hurtado. No luck. I seen Nikkos partner Carlos Rojas ($150 when i started, $200 currently), and his worked looked  dope, so i got on a 3 month waith list and started. While there after 3 visits, and chatting with nikko iive learned this. He charges $250 an hour. He travels a lot and paints as almost as much as he tattoos, so hes not tattooing full time. Very hard to get in with him, hes never opened his appt books. Hes always continuing huge pieces on old clients, and celebs. Probably likes the vip treatment, i dont blame him either. So not to kill ur dreams, but hes an exclusive artist you can only get tatted by if you know someone with juice to get you in with him. On the flip side, ive seen him post on twitter that he has opening when he travels out of the country, but then again his international fans try to book him right away as well :smile:. Silvano Fiato from italy , even Dmitry are accessible, with a year or so wait i believe.

Trying to have my piece flow like this from eric marcinizyn , not the salboat, just the smooth shading , scroll and script, and different pieces.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/GBINKSTER/media/ericmarcinizyn_zpsf92a9ee9.jpg.html

with a bit more realism like silvano fiato( which im having robert pho bring the realism, he did the virgin so far) need to touch up the veil and add background.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/GBINKSTER/media/silvano-fiato19_zps78f85a09.jpg.html

sorry , i just realized the pics didnt embed

Last edited:
I am very uneducated in a lot of things, Tattoos being one of them. I am interested in getting the roman numeral VI ( I am the sixth, which explains my username) and was thinking about my left pec. I want it about medium sized i guess? maybe 5 x 5 inches. I was wondering about some ideas on how to print it, not looking for just regular looking font VI. I like the way Ryan Sheckler has his name on his back but I thought that might be a little much. Sorry for my naiveness and I would really appreciate any ideas/feedback

What city do you liv in btw? I can reccomend great shops in Chicago that can help you out. But I am not an expert on caligraphy. I cant tell you how to print the VI

Got my lower body work started with this thigh piece from the fantastic Glen Paradis. If anybody is ever in Ottawa definitely check him out - Barnstormer Studio. Phenomenal artist, even better guy.

Flew in to LA over the weekend to get this done. My 5th and 6th tattoo which will connect when I head back for my next appointment in 16 months.
Tried to make the most of my trip so we had an 11 hour marathon session on the first day and another 6 hours the next day.
Couldn't be any happier with how everything went and the whole experience overall.
Artist: Carlos Torres

Last edited:
^^^Must have hurt but looks well worth it.....even though I am not too keen on rib tats. Still....top notch stuff.

^^^Must have hurt but looks well worth it.....even though I am not too keen on rib tats. Still....top notch stuff.
Actually wasn't too bad. The bottom tattoo was 13 hours total. Did 11 hours the first day and I wanted to keep going to avoid going over the same area the next day but he was tired. Finished it with 2 more hours the next morning. I will admit that last hour on day 2 felt like he was using a scalpel since he was working the ribs which were already swollen and raw. No pain no gain though. I wasn't gonna fly home with an unfinished tattoo. He was in a good mood after finishing though and really liked the project. He did my daughters portrait right after after buying breakfast for us to eat haha. Very cool and humble dude.

Suggestions on good script artists in LA? I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo and I just want to do something simple. Script on my chest

Are the 5th and 6th Tattoos going to be black and grey MJair? Scalpel feeling though, daaaaaaaamn. Got me feeling shook

Are the 5th and 6th Tattoos going to be black and grey MJair? Scalpel feeling though, daaaaaaaamn. Got me feeling shook
The 2 in the picture I posted are my 5th and 6th. Plan to have only black and grey on my upper body and saving my color tattoos for my legs.

Also it only felt like a scalpel when he switched to his 3 liner along with tattooing 2 days in a row in the same area. The first day I was fine for 11 hours straight on the ribs.
Then again everyone is different. Roman Abrego just tattooed this guy for 5 days straight last week:

Need some input guys, I wanna turn my right arm where I have 2 big tattoos into a half sleeve and bring them together, I just don't know how, I need something to fill in the space . Any opinions and help is appreciated

These are my tatts

Last edited:

Another Nikko Hurtado.

I swear to god..... when I am rich.
Thanks for posting this... i'm looking to get work done, but i need to find the right artist.. he jusst made the list of possible people.. i seen you mention "when i am rich" is this dude really expensive ? 

LMAO @ "he just made the list". you have to make his list.

1. he isnt cheap
2. he has to be into your idea/concept

Back
Top Bottom