***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

What's the relevance of The Hulk to you? Just a fan of the character?

And as much as I think the Hulk is an odd tattoo to get, Thanos is even more of a doozy to me.
I'm a huge comic book fan, so theres that.

And my brother and I were discussing ideas of how to convey the 2 sides of me, from now, compared to when I was in the Marines.

I guess it sounds stupid on paper, but hey, its meaningful to me.

Thanos is dope.  Its a dope piece of art from one of the most polarizing comic story arcs.  Its no different IMO than someone getting the Chesire cat, or Alice, or anything else pop culture related 

nice. I cant belive u got tatted by carlos torres. Hes never answered my emails. Howd u get connected  with him , and can u hook me up. Ive got a nice collection so far from fellow Cali artists Carlos Rojas, and  Robert Pho. My pics didnt embed or load . . pg 45. And for the guy asking how much Nikko charges , when i was at the shop  getting tatted by carlos, i heard his lil brother/ receptionist, beginning tattoer answer the phone to an interested customer and he said $250 an hour. 

Flew in to LA over the weekend to get this done. My 5th and 6th tattoo which will connect when I head back for my next appointment in 16 months.
Tried to make the most of my trip so we had an 11 hour marathon session on the first day and another 6 hours the next day.
Couldn't be any happier with how everything went and the whole experience overall.
Artist: Carlos Torres
nice. I cant belive u got tatted by carlos torres.  Whats his hourly rate? Im guessing $200 an hr. Hes never answered my emails. Howd u get connected  with him , and can u hook me up. Ive got a nice collection so far from fellow Cali artists Carlos Rojas, and  Robert Pho. My pics didnt embed or load . . pg 45. And for the guy asking how much Nikko charges , when i was at the shop  getting tatted by carlos, i heard his lil brother/ receptionist, beginning tattoer answer the phone to an interested customer and he said $250 an hour. 

Last edited:
nice. I cant belive u got tatted by carlos torres. Hes never answered my emails. Howd u get connected  with him , and can u hook me up. Ive got a nice collection so far from fellow Cali artists Carlos Rojas, and  Robert Pho. My pics didnt embed or load . . pg 45. And for the guy asking how much Nikko charges , when i was at the shop  getting tatted by carlos, i heard his lil brother/ receptionist, beginning tattoer answer the phone to an interested customer and he said $250 an hour. 

I think rates for all artists are about the same. The other part that makes the difference is the amount of time put into the tattoo. $250 is high but noting crazy. Guys at Skull and Sword I think all raised their rates to $200 rather than $180. There was like one dude in SF that I read up on that charged $275 and I don't even think he was famous nor was he good. He had a shop on Geary but it got bought out.

I need to go back in and get my arm done. Can't believe it's not finished by now. Also I can't believe I am on a shoe tear again and have been wasting my money on that.

im new to this thread. i  stumbled over here. How can i upload a pic. I went to photobucket and embedded my pics, then copy and pasted like i usually do but they didnt show up. What page are pics of ur tats? An yeah most top artists charge between $150- $250. Jun cha charges by pieces, and ive talked and seen some ofhis pieces from some people, and they end up averaging $300 an hour. Like one guys piece was 8 hrs and the bill was a little over $2200. Also location will change the price, like i heard a lot of artists in NY charge high. I think Paul booth is $350. You ever heard of phillip Spearman from porter ranch california? His work is ok, and he charges $250 or $300, smh, hes not even a top artist.

^^^^Just upload your pic from your desktop to NT. Click that image icon that is next to the video icon.

And there is no specific page for that tattoos of ours. You have to literally go and check every page to see which ones are ares. I could even make the first page an official page of people's tattoos but honestly, it's still be difficult to match the person to the tattoo. IDK.....let me know if that is what people want and I can make an attempt at it one day.

Also just to plug my cousin for the Bay Area folks. They have the tattoo convention this weekend at the Cow Palace. I am not a huge fan of that convention but it is a good way as a tattoo artist to get your name out. My cousin is really talanted is getting better with everyday. He's coming up from LA to the covention and still has some openings I believe.

mg_502012.jpg

Dustin Yip: [email protected]
@dustinyip

Some of his recent works:

ee25a874f67111e287a322000ae81e57_7.jpg
f0d61368f0e711e2bd9022000a1fa522_7.jpg
b6ff384af22c11e292af22000ae912ea_7.jpg
c2cd2730ca8211e2965422000a9f18cc_7.jpg
4330d766ca7711e2b6fe22000a9f12db_7.jpg
0bd3a49eae2311e29a6e22000a1fab27_7.jpg
9b268882314111e2837022000a1fa4bb_7.jpg
e65f4902b3a411e2bd6022000aa80383_7.jpg
8b69cba27d8b11e29d6822000a9e0849_7.jpg
77038b22886b11e2a63622000a9e28ec_7.jpg

^I wish I got a realistic elephant tattoo instead of a cartoony one :/. Ohh well. That is the least of my worries right now.

this is my most recent one, its the hulk

I approve! Like everyone else is saying I would color it in. If you dont want your arm green for life then then go with watercolor or just highlights or something

What's the relevance of The Hulk to you? Just a fan of the character?

And as much as I think the Hulk is an odd tattoo to get, Thanos is even more of a doozy to me.
lol. I wanna hulk tattoo too. But for different reasons

I know how that feels bro. Cept with a different artist.

Last edited:
I just got back from Oahu and they had the "Pacific Ink & Arts expo" and I decided to get a "Fugu" tattooed as a spur of the moment thing. I didn't have much room on my upper body. Since i got full sleeves on both arms and my whole back is outlined down to my butt. So I just went for my hand.

^^^^^Hand tattoos are like the new face tattoos. I would so get it if I could but job wise, there is no way I could.

10 Piece....lookin good dude. Actually has the same tones as my tattoo sort of. But it really pops.

^^^^^Hand tattoos are like the new face tattoos. I would so get it if I could but job wise, there is no way I could.

10 Piece....lookin good dude. Actually has the same tones as my tattoo sort of. But it really pops.

I said the same thing also about hand tattoos. That's why I had my sleeve an inch and a half off my wrist so when I wear a long sleeve you can't see it. But how I did the fish was a certain way. Where I had the belly not filled in and had it as close as I could to my watch so its not as noticeable. It kind of looks like an extension to my watch. it's not a big deal since I've already secured my career.

You guys shave the hair once it grows back or leave it in "heavy hair" areas like forearms etc.

Fong, how much your cue charge? His work is sick - so much detain and texture ... 

I'm not a pro or anything, but his joints are clean to me!

I want my third eye (a modernized version of the eye of horus) on the back of of my neck but as an accountant, that aint happening.

Fong, how much your cue charge? His work is sick - so much detain and texture ... 

I'm not a pro or anything, but his joints are clean to me!

I think he does it by project last time I spoke to him. This was like 3 years ago but he said he wasn't comfortable doing it by the hour just yet. Mind you he has only been tattooing like 4 years or so and from that time, he has progressed like crazy.

I think the best thing is to just e-mail him and give him an idea of size and location and he can give you an estimate. If you are in the Bay, dude can literally do a single day project at the convention.

Nikko hurtado has some work that literally took my breath away, and I'm an artist myself so I'm not very easily impressed. The amount of realistic detail is simply unreal.

:smh:

sooperhooper - yeah man, we worked together in Canada a few months ago when that piece was done and it was done from a black and white photo and he just added the color where he saw fit. He's an amazing artist. I had the honor of tattooing him a few times and he's one of the best dudes. He does get a ton of emails and is super busy right now painting for an art show in a few months.
On another note, I'll be at the San Jose/San Fran convention in October, working with Grime, Henry and Todd Noble and have a few appointments open (one on Saturday, one on Sunday). [email protected] if interested.
B

My last appointment with Rodrigo Melo was suppose to be in November but I got called in due to a cancellation. Took it today and finished my sleeve. VERY satsified and HIGHYL recoomended if you want a Japanese themed tattoo in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom