***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

^^^Yeah, I remember that tattoo. Was thinking of getting my left forearm done. Just two simple words that say "King Bodhi". Kind of one of those pet tattoos that is totally silly but at this point in my life, my hands won't be the thing that make me ugly. Haha.

I really like Al Gracia's script. Super clean and not too fancy. Still on the fence cause my girl said I'd look like a gangster. Haha, I am more concerned about my work though. Not that my skulls are better but script just comes off bad at corporate work.

ba5e16f28f7d11e3972a0e52a5db715e_8.jpg
d1206490480a11e3983422000ae80f97_8.jpg
a127edb0f4b011e28efa22000a1fbd9c_7.jpg
84946108f09e11e28eb822000a1ddb86_7.jpg
e089011efdef11e18e1522000a1ea03a_7.jpg

I like the filigree or whatever its called, I dont like how solid the letters are. I kinda like the straight west coast style of script, some shading in the letters but overall its gonna look great man. Not gangster at all haha.

Im indifferen about the backsrop in my script, wonder how it would look without it...

Damn y'all are wild spending 4k+ for a piece, but judging by the work y'all are getting done it's probably worth it :smokin

^There are some cover up artist that are drastically better than others and I think that is what he was asking for.

Depending on your tattoo you might need to get a few sessions under a laser.

great pieces yall, im looking thru these pages and im finding so much inspiration in the creativity exhibited by some of yall.

has anyone seen any great Stain Glass pieces? ive always loved the lighting and color schemes and how the black lines cut into the colors.though im not religious, churches have always been my favorite buildings to look at.

i was thinking about getting a stain glass window on my upper arm, but not one depicting a scene or anything. i really wanted to take a picture on my neighborhood and get an artist to render it into stain glass form.

if anyone has time on their hands, im willing to send you the photo and then hopefully thru photoshop, thru hand sketches, whatrever it may be, you can help transform my idea into a reality. if youre bored and interested in this little endeavor PM me me !

thanks in advanced!

great pieces yall, im looking thru these pages and im finding so much inspiration in the creativity exhibited by some of yall.

has anyone seen any great Stain Glass pieces? ive always loved the lighting and color schemes and how the black lines cut into the colors.though im not religious, churches have always been my favorite buildings to look at.

i was thinking about getting a stain glass window on my upper arm, but not one depicting a scene or anything. i really wanted to take a picture on my neighborhood and get an artist to render it into stain glass form.

if anyone has time on their hands, im willing to send you the photo and then hopefully thru photoshop, thru hand sketches, whatrever it may be, you can help transform my idea into a reality. if youre bored and interested in this little endeavor PM me me !

thanks in advanced!

Honestly the best thing to do would be find an artist you like and take that photo straight to them, they know best about what will work and not work in transforming it into a tattoo.

I have this tattoo idea of getting an outline of a landmark from each of the major fashion week cities. Eiffel Tower, Empire State, Either London Bridge or Big Ben (havent decided yet).

Milan tho. I dont want the arch because that could ve confused with the ones in NYC or Paris. I don't want the cathedral because I dont like how it looks and I hate religion.

Does anyone know if they have some lo key amazing building/landmark? Google images thinks the leaning tower of pisa is in milan so i dont trust them.

Last edited:
Bunch of outlines in one tattoo? Sounds like a bad idea. Even just getting one outline in one spot is going to look bad. Like really? An outline? Unless you can show me an example, it doesnt sound like that would translate into a good tattoo.

It could be sick if it was done in the style of the Huf skyline logo? Silhouettes might be dope too.
But HUF skyline is of an actual skyline, it goes together. It woudnt work for something with different locations. Silhouettes woudnt work on multiple things either, its going to look like blobs.

Not trying to shut down your idea, but this is when you go to the artist for help, and do know not everything translates into a tattoo. Atleast the way you might see it.

But HUF skyline is of an actual skyline, it goes together. It woudnt work for something with different locations. Silhouettes woudnt work on multiple things either, its going to look like blobs.

Not trying to shut down your idea, but this is when you go to the artist for help, and do know not everything translates into a tattoo. Atleast the way you might see it.

True, I was just tryin to throw him a couple more options to think about.

I still haven't seen an artist about it. My artist keeps it real so he will tell me if it is a bad idea, as he has done in the past. Keep in mind this is not a large tattoo. like 1.5 inches talll by 5 inches wide at most. Silhouette could also work

Damn...that is super small. You really would have to simplify the silhouette and not ad tons of detail. Most building tattoos I see are big and the smaller it gets, the worse it looks. There is just way too much detail you'd lose by shrinking it down but I guess an outline could work better or would be more effective.

I always shun at the idea of smaller tattoos now. Either go big or go simple. I know a girl that even got a the cliche Chinese character on the back of her neck and I told her to go big and she didn't and the tattoo looks horrible and just sort of looks like a black glop of ink.

And I hope one day to get tattooed by Lucky Olelo in Hawaii. I am not sure how popular he is in the mainstream of tattooing but I really dig his work. Would be nice to go back to Hawaii and plan a trip and tattoo at the same time.

Some if his recent stuff:

e84339e89f3711e3b0aa12c0b6832959_8.jpg

Love how the new thing for girls are full leg tattoos or half ones.

55a0dcd49c5411e3b30c0a74897ab205_8.jpg
c104f4c291f211e39fe6120407cc18ea_8.jpg
33b7f5a88efd11e3a8cf0a628e3be35e_8.jpg
bc7de0f88d8811e3a75c120cbd337ba5_8.jpg
ae5ef2585e5011e3914a0e4181867fcb_7.jpg
c41ef9a203e811e3bb5622000aeb0bda_7.jpg

I still haven't seen an artist about it. My artist keeps it real so he will tell me if it is a bad idea, as he has done in the past. Keep in mind this is not a large tattoo. like 1.5 inches talll by 5 inches wide at most. Silhouette could also work
Theres going to be no detail in that at all. Structures depend on detail.

I dont really dig small tattoos now either. A traditional piece is one thing, people get a few traditional type tattoos on their arms, and together they all make a cool patchy type sleeve. Small tattoos here and there though? Eh.

I agree. I normally go for big pieces. NVM then. But I have a couple small ones that wouldnt work as big pieces like atomic structures.

Last edited:
I'm with Fongstarr on lucky olelo, his work is awesome. Loved this when I saw it on his Instagram.

By the way Fong, your sleeve was looking good in the Instagram pic of you holding the deck.

Back
Top Bottom