***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

^^^Thanks yo. What's funny is on my last session with Lango, he saw my lower arm and asked me who did it. I told him it was this guy Luke from Everlasting and he asked me why it was sort of mess ups cause originally I had this red fire going across the face and last minute, I changed my mind. So Luke tried to fix it but you can still see where the red was supposed to be. Lango just shook his head like that was so dumb to try and cover up. Haha. In essence, my tattoo is sort of fudged up, but whatever.

You can sort of see it in this photo where the left eye is and it goes toward the teeth. When you see it in the flesh, you can totally tell. I was even thinking about coloring it red again since I have red fire on top but then I think I am thinking I am making it worse. I do think I might end up coloring the whole skull with tint of blue just cause my top tattoos are so solid and the lower once have so much flesh showing.

f8f2cbf2ba9d11e29bac22000a9f13d0_7.jpg

For some pretty nice geometric/dot work check out adeitameda and pepevicio on Instagram one being Indonesian and the other a Spaniard based in Thailand. Both go heavy on local imagery which isn't far off from my own piece so I like their work.

There's some really amazing tattooers that do the geometric style. A few that come to mind right away are -
Maxime Buchi - His shop is in London, but he travels to the U.S. regularly. His studio is called Sang Bleu. Instagram - @mxmtt
Thomas Hooper - Thomas is in Texas. Instagram - @thomas_hooper_tattooing
Jondix - Jondix is also in London. He just opened a new studio called Seven Doors Tattoo. Instagram - @jondix
Roxx - Roxx is in S.F. and does amazing work. Instagram - @roxx___
Chaim Machlev - Chaim is in Berlin. Instagram - @dotstolines

There's some really amazing tattooers that do the geometric style. A few that come to mind right away are -
Maxime Buchi - His shop is in London, but he travels to the U.S. regularly. His studio is called Sang Bleu. Instagram - @mxmtt
Thomas Hooper - Thomas is in Texas. Instagram - @thomas_hooper_tattooing
Jondix - Jondix is also in London. He just opened a new studio called Seven Doors Tattoo. Instagram - @jondix
Roxx - Roxx is in S.F. and does amazing work. Instagram - @roxx___
Chaim Machlev - Chaim is in Berlin. Instagram - @dotstolines

:nthat: good lookin out!

I will check out all of these artists.

For some pretty nice geometric/dot work check out adeitameda and pepevicio on Instagram one being Indonesian and the other a Spaniard based in Thailand. Both go heavy on local imagery which isn't far off from my own piece so I like their work.

:smokin

And I am really starting to like this style. I think it is great filler pieces on existing stuff. It looks awesome on its own though.

I agree. I want to incorporate something geometric for sure. It's not necessarily gonna be a central piece, but great filler/transitional art.

Here's a few pics of an angel tat on my side.  Crappy phone pics.  Totally healed, a few months old.  Took 5 1/2 hours.  I only have a couple other way smaller tats, so this was a big leap.

5 1/2 hours?!!! I swear I am still amazed how some tattoo artists work so fast and some work so slow. I swear my skull alone on my forearm took 5 hours. My dragon had to be close to 16 hours. Crazy.

Some pics from the Atak SF show from yesterday. Didn't get pics from everything but they had pieces from Mutsuo, Phillip Lui. Bert Krak, Andre Atak, Ichibay, Shawn Barber and more. Cool spot and I think they will be doing tattoos at the gallery as well.

atak-sf-1.jpg
atak-sf-2.jpg
atak-sf-6a.jpg
atak-sf-12.jpg
atak-sf-14a.jpg
atak-sf-4.jpg
atak-sf-7.jpg
atak-sf-15a.jpg
atak-sf-5.jpg
atak-sf-9.jpg
atak-sf-11.jpg
atak-sf-8.jpg
atak-sf-13b.jpg
atak-sf-10a.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody ever get tatted inba convention? The artist I was looking at is going to be in one this weekend. I'm looking to get one or two small tattoo's (Moms signature and a map of Colombia). Do they charge more at conventions? Is it hard to get work done? I would assume there are no appointments. Thanks for the help.

Is that yours?

I have mixed feelings..its a good tattoo job but that design...if you have a short sleeve and your forearm is the only thing showing its going to look awkward. Actuallt that whole snake coming out of the skin looks straight frightening. 

I'm guessing it isn't his, outfit ain't screaming nycposite to me.

I agree, creepy looking. Awesome work though.

Had the family crest on there for a little and decided to add a female Fu Dog on there, I chose the Fu dog because I like the meaning behind a female Fu dog, also some cherry blossoms for filler. Definitely loving how it came out. I think I'll add the male Fu dog on the inside sometime in the near future.

Nick Jonas' tattoo is so sick. I want to think of something this creative. Means God is greater than your ups and downs

Headed to Japan in May for 2½ weeks in and wanted to possibly start a big piece with Mutsuo.

Anybody got any names/links to other good artists in Japan

If anyone is interested in more traditional Polynesian style, Bong from is moving to Humble Beginnings in San Jose soon.

and iirc he is taking appts now!!

I like Melissa from Humble Beginings, she might be the artist I go to. Her work is great

Back
Top Bottom