***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

My latest tattoo..Wanted something tor represent the Strong Women in my life..My mother, My grandma and my Fiance...shes holding onto a sword.I wanted her to be sexy and strong .My fiance Looks like Kelly Rowland..and when I was getting the tattoo done the song came on in the studio..so the artist took a pic of Kelly and did a caricature..here are the pics

He Freehanded the entire thing ..took about 30 minutes to draw it on me.

After I got my left arm Japanese tattoos shaded in, I worked out the next day. Its perfectly fine, although I would recommend waiting a day or two just so it wont get easy as infected. I read sweat isnt gold as it would make you scab more, but so far its been normal for me.

In general I would think it would be fine a few days after, but I would definitely stay away from the germ factories of local gyms until its fully healed.

A few years ago I got a tattoo that took twice as long to heal because I was impatient and rolling around on jiujitsu mats. Blech.

That is the truth, I would use my personal weights for sure, but still would avoid resting my healing tats against local gym equipment. Maybe I'm just a germaphobe :smile:

Not in the habit of posting pictures of my pieces anywhere, but to get recognized by one of my favorite comic book creators of all time was just too awesome not to share... as was my good buddy's excellent work on this sleeve. Anybody heading to / based in Toronto should definitely hit up Seven Crowns Tattoo. Best place in the world, bar none.

Sorry about the raw pic, this was taken right after the final coloring session (8-hour sit) late last year.

Last edited:

got this done a few weeks back by Chad Koeplinger while he was at Tattoo Paradise in DC

I think Ganesh tattoo always look sick. I have even contemplated getting one but figured it would be dumb since I don't believe in the religion. But they always look so nice as a half sleeve.

I have hairy arms, back, chest. Not like really hairy but there are fine straight hairs. Will a tattoo look bad with hair? I could get laser hair removal first then get inked but that will be a while since I need to save up. Kinda itching to get one, im 18, teenager impuliveness?

Also how does the artist draw it, does he trace it or something? i have an image in my head but I dont know how to get it out.

Getting some tattoos removed in the next few weeks. I had a lion put on my left arm to cover up an old tattoo and it just doesn't look good enough to me. I'm going to fully remove it and get a full sleeve on that arm. It kind of works out because the artist I booked with is booked until winter.

After that ill get another tat removed lol. Paying for my mistakes from years ago but going to be well worth it.

Appreciate the thread too.

After I got my left arm Japanese tattoos shaded in, I worked out the next day. Its perfectly fine, although I would recommend waiting a day or two just so it wont get easy as infected. I read sweat isnt gold as it would make you scab more, but so far its been normal for me.
I went and played ball right after I got some work done on my chest, I left it wrapped up and wore a beater plus a shirt over it. I have been getting work done for the past couple of months and lift the next day after each one and haven't any problems. But MMA is a different story lol At work I was supposed to clean the inside of the pool walls and had to tell my boss that it would have to wait at least 2 weeks 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I have hairy arms, back, chest. Not like really hairy but there are fine straight hairs. Will a tattoo look bad with hair? I could get laser hair removal first then get inked but that will be a while since I need to save up. Kinda itching to get one, im 18, teenager impuliveness?

Also how does the artist draw it, does he trace it or something? i have an image in my head but I dont know how to get it out.

The hair thing is something you have to live with. I mean you can laser it but I would even think that would look odd since that is only one part of your body. Just live with the fact that your tattoo is going to be sort of hidden. If it is heavy ink, it will show. And the 2nd part to your questions, all tattoo artists should know how to draw to a certain degree but they can all just trace an image as well. It all depends on the artist, which is why you have to investigate and get the right person. I mean a friend can even draw you an image but not all art work translates right as tattoos.

Getting some tattoos removed in the next few weeks. I had a lion put on my left arm to cover up an old tattoo and it just doesn't look good enough to me. I'm going to fully remove it and get a full sleeve on that arm. It kind of works out because the artist I booked with is booked until winter.

After that ill get another tat removed lol. Paying for my mistakes from years ago but going to be well worth it.

Appreciate the thread too.

How much are you paying for laser removal? I wonder if that is something I should do for my first tattoo in the long run. Don't hate it but looks odd with what I have now.

*the instagram filter makes it look like the tatoo is lighter at the top but it's all consistent 

went in for my first session last friday. was there for like 3 1/2 hours still have to go back for one more session. 

thanks man. i'm going to do a whole sleeve. i want a kitsune on my upper arm. i'm from michigan, got it done right outside of detroit.

the wrist and stuff around the elbow was killer for me 
sick.gif

anyone know of any good/reputable artists in arizona? somewhere around the phoenix area?? i live in yuma, az and theres not really an artist here worth noting. i always told myself that if i was gonna drop a couple g's on a sleeve, i want it done by a known artist

smh my cousins tatt.....hopefully somebody can cover tht up when he realizes how terrible it is...

anyways update on my sleeve.  Did the background, by far the chest (nipple area) is the worst part to get a tattoo.  I have 1 or 2 full day sessions left.....which is like 6 to 8 hours

Last edited:
^^^Looks sick man. Only 2 more sessions to do the whole thing? Is the dragon going to be color or is it just black and white? Seems like there is way more work.

thnx bro yea he said at least 2 more session with each session 6 to 8 hours each, but it can take more....**** is costing me an arm and a leg lol.  Just black and grey.  my first half sleeve was color and i wasnt feelin it as much as i thought, but who know it couldve been the artist.

Back
Top Bottom