Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

Yup must have dependants to file head of household.

Your school will send you all of the tax information you need to file your taxes.

Make sure you guys tell your people about turbotax or whatever other free e filing website

It bothers me to pass these tax places charges hundreds to look at a w-2 and type it into a computer, or luring people in with the "advance" scam :smh:

Make sure you guys tell your people about turbotax or whatever other free e filing website

It bothers me to pass these tax places charges hundreds to look at a w-2 and type it into a computer, or luring people in with the "advance" scam :smh:

They're feeling it.. I keep seeing this commercial from HR Block saying that they're giving away $1k to however many people every day through February or something.

I tell people all the time TurboTax is completely free, but they think there's something up because if it's free then how are they making money, these are taxes and they need to be done right, yada yada.

With turbo tax, am I able to check the refund amounts without actually submitting the tax return? I'd like to compare #s. Anyone?

With turbo tax, am I able to check the refund amounts without actually submitting the tax return? I'd like to compare #s. Anyone?

Turbo Tax gives you a constant refund amount after you submit your W2's. Once those are uploaded, you have your basic refund.. then they ask you questions to see if they can get you any tax breaks or if there's anything else you need to report.

So yes, the refund amount is constantly shown on the side, long before you file.

They're feeling it.. I keep seeing this commercial from HR Block saying that they're giving away $1k to however many people every day through February or something.

I tell people all the time TurboTax is completely free, but they think there's something up because if it's free then how are they making money, these are taxes and they need to be done right, yada yada.

Yeah the way my parents were raised they basically assumed taxes are a difficult and long process that they couldn't do themselves. These companies hire regular *** people off the street to copy and paste your w-2 to the irs, you don't need any type of education for it. There's even a turbo tax app man, our people have to get hip to the times and stop giving away their money because they don't trust themselves

Real men do their own taxes 
nthat.gif

Yeah the way my parents were raised they basically assumed taxes are a difficult and long process that they couldn't do themselves. These companies hire regular *** people off the street to copy and paste your w-2 to the irs, you don't need any type of education for it. There's even a turbo tax app man, our people have to get hip to the times and stop giving away their money because they don't trust themselves

I was the same way man until I realized what it really was when you look at it. Plugging in numbers from your W2, reporting to them how much you made and how much they held from you, etc.

HR Block was gonna charge my girl $300-$400 to file her taxes for her because she said she drove Lyft this last year.. come to find out you just have to file your wages from there under a certain area on your TurboTax return and you good to go. :smh: :smh:

Thanks for the replies. Another question, I claim my sister as a dependent since I pay for all her expenses including a private student loan. Is there any way I can add that payment/loan to my tax return? She received the form from the banking showing how much was paid for the year.

Poised to get my first federal return in about 6 years. :pimp: :smh:

Pro tip: never fool with your withholdings. If you forget to switch it back, you could screw yourself for years. Don't be me. :lol:

On another note, what exemptions are you guys claiming so you don't have to pay the healthcare fine? Legit may say I was homeless, word to @Dropten

Thanks for the replies. Another question, I claim my sister as a dependent since I pay for all her expenses including a private student loan. Is there any way I can add that payment/loan to my tax return? She received the form from the banking showing how much was paid for the year.

what form was it 1098-t? when you file out your taxes they will ask you if you made education payments

Can someone claim you if you wish not to file under anyone

Like if they try will it be rejected :nerd:

I don't want my mom taking my tax money

Last year she asked for my papers , I asked her if I would get any money from in and she had the shifty eyes going and couldn't tell me yes or no

I filed the a month or two later and when she found out I had it she told me dad that she deserved some of it :smh:

Maaaaaaaan

Last year she asked for my papers , I asked her if I would get any money from in and she had the shifty eyes going and couldn't tell me yes or no

I filed the a month or two later and when she found out I had it she told me dad that she deserved some of it :smh:

Maaaaaaaan

How old are you? Did you live with them last year? Did you contribute? Technically you just have to beat her to the punch, if you both use your SSN they will audit both of you

Poised to get my first federal return in about 6 years. :pimp: :smh:

Pro tip: never fool with your withholdings. If you forget to switch it back, you could screw yourself for years. Don't be me. :lol:

On another note, what exemptions are you guys claiming so you don't have to pay the healthcare fine? Legit may say I was homeless, word to @Dropten
My girl owes almost 2,000 combined for state and fed this year :smh:
She also just got a letter for the 2013 tax year
Saying their was an error saying she owes 900 :smh:
Maaaaaan :smh:

Maaaaaaaan

How old are you? Did you live with them last year? Did you contribute? Technically you just have to beat her to the punch, if you both use your SSN they will audit both of you

I contributed through car insurance but I just gave her the money for that

I don't think she knows my ssn

I got two of my w2 through email id have to call about ny last two

Maaaaaaaan

Dude...

Just do turbo tax tonight... It's so easy you can't **** up :lol:...

Maaaaaaaan

Dude...

Just do turbo tax tonight... It's so easy you can't **** up :lol:...
Don't I have to do em all at once?

I don't mind doing it hell I just want to make sure I got all my **** before she gets a hold of it :lol:

Might give turbo tax a try. How should I go about doing my taxes with two W2 from different jobs? I claimed 2 in both of them. Any tips

Back
Top Bottom