Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

Does TT charge for the direct deposit?

So we can clear this up-

TurboTax literally does not charge you a dime for any of the basic services of filing your taxes.

The only time they charge you ANYTHING is if you choose one of their packages for further assistance / security / etc.

TT actually does charge for direct deposit and for to file state, unless yall got some juug promos i dont know about

Just remembered why my return is so small. Forgot my second job doesn't tax our tips and it always drags my return down. Went from 1200 to 900. smh

The Department of Education snatched my 6k refund last year but it's all good this year[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji] and like every one else said go ahead and do them for free save some money I wish I could go back in time to when I used H&R block as if it made a difference didn't get the money any faster and if I did I still had to wait for the check to clear so I just ended up wasting $300 and up paying them

They charge only if you have itemized deductions, 100% free for standard deductions.

Standard deduction is just doing your pay and not factoring student loan intrest,mortgage, and property taxes? Because my federal is no cost but i have always oaid for state, and when i got my house i started using deleux

for the past 7-8 years i've used turbotax and taxslayer....it is too easy to do your own taxes but people seem to trust folks that charge them.....you tell someone it can be done free and they like no i dont trust it, but they believe the folks robbing them...i smh every year.

Standard deduction is just doing your pay and not factoring student loan intrest,mortgage, and property taxes? Because my federal is no cost but i have always oaid for state, and when i got my house i started using deleux

[h1]Standard Deduction vs. Itemized Deductions[/h1]

You can either claim the standard deduction or itemize your deductions -- whichever lowers your tax the most.

Standard deduction

The standard deduction is a fixed dollar amount that reduces the income you’re taxed on. Your standard deduction varies according to your filing status. In 2015, the standard deduction is:
  • For single or married filing separately -- $6,300
  • For married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er) -- $12,600
  • For head of household -- $9,250
Your standard deduction increases if you're blind or age 65 or older. It increases by $1,550 if you're single or head of household and by $1,250 if you’re married or a qualifying widow(er).

About two out of every three returns claim the standard deduction. The standard deduction:
  • Allows you a deduction even if you have no expenses that qualify for claiming itemized deductions
  • Eliminates the need to itemize deductions, like medical expenses and charitable donations
  • Lets you avoid keeping records and receipts of your expenses in case you're audited by the IRS
Itemized deductions

Itemized deductions also reduce your taxable income. Ex: If you're in the 15% tax bracket, every $1,000 in itemized deductions knocks $150 off of your tax bill.

You might benefit from itemizing your deductions on Form 1040, Schedule A if you:
  • Have itemized deductions that total more than the standard deduction you’d receive
  • Had large, uninsured medical and dental expenses
  • Paid mortgage interest and real estate taxes on your home
  • Had large, unreimbursed expenses as an employee
  • Had a large, uninsured casualty (fire, flood, wind) or theft losses
  • Made large contributions to qualified charities
  • Had large, unreimbursed miscellaneous expenses
However, your itemized deductions might total less than your standard deduction. If so, you can still itemize deductions rather than claim the standard deduction. You might want to do this if you'd pay less tax. This can happen if you itemize on your state return and get a larger tax benefit than you would if you claimed the standard deduction on your federal return. 

If your adjusted gross income (AGI) from Form 1040, Line 37 was more than  certain amounts, some of your itemized deductions were limited. For tax year 2015, the limitations apply if your AGI is more than:
  • $309,900 if married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)
  • $284,050 for head of household
  • $258,250 for a single taxpayer
  • $154,950 if married filing separately
To learn more, see Publication 505: Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax.

The turbo tax app is almost too easy to use. Last year all I had to do was take a picture of my W-2 and the app populated all of the fields. On my iPad it literally took no longer than 30 minutes and that's because I was going through every page looking for extra exemptions and credits.

Last edited:
TT actually does charge for direct deposit and for to file state, unless yall got some juug promos i dont know about

Didn't get charged w/ either.

Fed and State was free. They suggest the Debit card return method but i said nah and chose Direct Deposit. Did not get charged to my knowledge.

Didn't get charged w/ either.

Fed and State was free. They suggest the Debit card return method but i said nah and chose Direct Deposit. Did not get charged to my knowledge.

I owed this yr, but last two yrs im pretty sure i paid a small fee for direct deposit, idk maybe im wrong

you order alot?

Yeah I do. I buy most of my life items from Amazon, electronics and other items. Colorado requires you to report those purchases on a separate tax form to pay use tax. Before February 1 of this year, Amazon didn't take out Colorado state sales tax. Most people didn't know they had to or just didn't pay the use tax to Colorado for Amazon purchases. As a result,the Colorado department of revenue amended the Colorado tax return form to require you to report such purchase. My Amazon purchases cut my state refund in half.

you order alot?

Yeah I do. I buy most of my life items from Amazon, electronics and other items. Colorado requires you to report those purchases on a separate tax form to pay use tax. Before February 1 of this year, Amazon didn't take out Colorado state sales tax. Most people didn't know they had to or just didn't pay the use tax to Colorado for Amazon purchases. As a result,the Colorado department of revenue amended the Colorado tax return form to require you to report such purchase. My Amazon purchases cut my state refund in half.
Wow I thought the state was doing well after the pot legalization can't believe they are doing you guys like that.... :smh:

wow man 
mean.gif

Wow I thought the state was doing well after the pot legalization can't believe they are doing you guys like that.... :smh:

The are very greedy [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom