Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

is there an estimated dd calendar yet? or anyways to track your refund like last year?

Yea folk that filed before the 1/29 should get DD on 2/5

Google 2016 refund schedule. Not sure if it's official but every year the lists are usually on point.

for the past 7-8 years i've used turbotax and taxslayer....it is too easy to do your own taxes but people seem to trust folks that charge them.....you tell someone it can be done free and they like no i dont trust it, but they believe the folks robbing them...i smh every year.
:lol: :lol: word

for the past 7-8 years i've used turbotax and taxslayer....it is too easy to do your own taxes but people seem to trust folks that charge them.....you tell someone it can be done free and they like no i dont trust it, but they believe the folks robbing them...i smh every year.
:lol: :lol: word
Just be feeling to good to be true
We always expecting to pay for a service
That when something's free
We don't expect it to be legit
Or done thoroughly

When H&R block used to give you entire refund same day it could be worth it to bite the bullet and get cash same day :lol:... Not no more :lol:...

Personally, I do my taxes with one of my mom's friends. She always filed my taxes for free til I was like 19 or so. I think she charges me like $40 so I just go back to her.

Turbo Tax was free for federal, but I had to pay to file my state taxes. Was about $30, might vary by state

Just be feeling to good to be true
We always expecting to pay for a service
That when something's free
We don't expect it to be legit
Or done thoroughly
oh yeah, i know.....i guess im referring to the same coworkers/people asking the question every year if its legit

Think I'm gonna charge people to do their taxes and just use the free turbo tax
pimp.gif
lol...congratulations you are officially a tax preparer.

Was doing my wife taxes online yesterday and after doing both W2s her return dropped from 2300 to just under $300. Needless to say she gonna try to get it done at the place she did last year thinkin' she can get a different number

Someone explain to me how I make double this year and still only get back $100 more than the previous year. WTH!

For the experts in here I have some questions, one for me and the other for my homegirl.

Me first
1) Wifey and I aren't really seeing eye to eye, and the big D is pending for us in the near future. Anyway, we normally file married joint with one dependent child. I usually do it and I use Turbo or Taxact. She is in school fulltime, and I'm in school part time. The past few years I've allowed her to stay at home and focus on her degree and our child. She worked a little something here and there but nothing substantial. In an effort to move on I toyed with the idea of filing seperate returns. What is hers is hers, mine is mine type of thing. The problem with that is we aren't allowed any of the credits/benefits given to married couples if we file separate returns. I dont think we will be able to claim the education credits either.
Plus, we still have to put our spouses information on the return, so it doesn't seem too separate to me. In all likely hood I will end up owing money if we file separate, but in my mind I'm thinking it would make things easier in the long run. My question is, should I take the L on these taxes and forgo a refund or file the way we normally would and get whatever money we have coming then move on from there?

My Homie
2) Single mom with one dependent child age 17. Child is trying to go live with his pops so he and the mom aren't on the best of terms. He is showing out being rude etc. Anyway, lil man got a job last year around summer time worked after school also. Quit the first job, got fired from the next after a month or so. So from summer to about Oct/Nov he had a job. She isn't sure if she can claim him, or if he should file his own return because he worked. She asked to see his W-2 but he refused to show her. So in her mind she thinks he is planning to do his own thing. She is ready to say F it do you and not claim him. The questions here are, would this cause any potential problems for her moving forward? Are parents allowed to claim dependents who work? Is there a cut off age for dependency? How will the IRS view a situation like this?

Thanks in advance for any advise or help.

1. Filed married bro

2. If that child lived with her more than 6 months, that is her dependent. Just because he has a job and a W-2 doesn't stop him from being a dependent. She can no longer claim him when he fully supports himself with his income or doesn't live with her. Tell her just because he has a job doesn't mean anything, if that was the case kids in college with jobs wouldn't need to provide their parents income for FAFSA.

Last edited:
1. If you file separate, she will be able to get the education credits, for her return. If you file jointly, it will probably save both of you $. Depends what you want to do..

2. Either one can claim. If both claim, there will most likely be an audit. 

Any tax breaks for students, esp. for those paying tuition out of pocket ?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Back
Top Bottom