Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

Thanks! Wonder why I couldn't see my Equifax report. I have to send in for it.

These credit bureaus are notorious for have misspelled addresses on file. This might be the reason why you couldn't see the Equifax report.

im paying taxes this year while my fiance get like 8 racks back

what is this i dont even.

growing up is for suckas

Just tried out turbo tax, and it says that my federal tax refund is $3,1xx and state $700ish.  I will never grasp the concept on why middle class get penalized the most in this country.  I have 2 exemptions on my w4 and I paid $27K in federal taxes and about $10k in state, yet I get back this while those who barely contribute in taxes take home large tax refunds.

I think I'm better off claiming more exemptions on my w4 and taking home more weekly rather than getting a tax refund.  By the way this is all with 2 dependents.  What would happen if I filed as Single. I'd owe the IRS money on top of all my current contributions...Ill never understand this tax concept...

Just tried out turbo tax, and it says that my federal tax refund is $3,1xx and state $700ish.  I will never grasp the concept on why middle class get penalized the most in this country.  I have 2 exemptions on my w4 and I paid $27K in federal taxes and about $10k in state, yet I get back this while those who barely contribute in taxes take home large tax refunds.

I think I'm better off claiming more exemptions on my w4 and taking home more weekly rather than getting a tax refund.  By the way this is all with 2 dependents.  What would happen if I filed as Single. I'd owe the IRS money on top of all my current contributions...Ill never understand this tax concept...

I know you don't want to switch places with a person who gets bigger refunds than you so stop complaining fam, stop being negative and be happy you're successful.

I didn't get anything back, actually I owe taxes I wish I was getting a 4K refund.

Another year gone, another year of owing. Oh well. :smh:

Guys, is the IRS usually on time with getting your refunds back? Have they gotten better? BC last time I got a refund when I was a freshman in college, took damn near 4 weeks. I was planning how to spend that money on booze and the ladies. Had me sweating lol :lol:

I got 9 allowances and only got 8 hundred and change in fed
Didn't owe any state but didn't get anything back either
Between my head of household
2 kids
Renters credit and all that
I mean technically I'm middle class
But damn it don't be feeling like that sometimes :smh:

I took one class last Spring... I dont qualify for the AOTC right?

I'll have to take the deduction instead?

Also, the AOTC credit... Can you claim it as many years as long as you haven't gotten a bachelors? I've been in school for 6 years :lol: and still haven't graduated

My federal refund hit my account today. I filed last friday. You guys that have filed early might want to check.

My federal refund hit my account today. I filed last friday. You guys that have filed early might want to check.
damn, what bank are you using?.....that was fast....but i think next friday is my estimated day according to the refund calendar

US BANK 
pimp.gif

Free Checking for life 
nthat.gif

White Yambs on lunch 
smokin.gif

I took one class last Spring... I dont qualify for the AOTC right?

I'll have to take the deduction instead?

Also, the AOTC credit... Can you claim it as many years as long as you haven't gotten a bachelors? I've been in school for 6 years
laugh.gif
and still haven't graduated
You can only claim AOTC for 4 years, I believe. 

And TX wins again FML since filing married seperate can't efile at all, have to print out and mail my taxes. I'll see em next year :cries

And TX wins again FML since filing married seperate can't efile at all, have to print out and mail my taxes. I'll see em next year :cries
stiffen up that upper lip we knew it was coming haha i get my ball&chain soon

Im still over here HURT im writing checks and my fiance is cashin out

and im jus blocking out all together how screwed we are next year when shes no longer a single mother :frown:

it was jus 2 years ago our combined returns were about 10k :pimp:  sold a car for a freind around then too n he split the profit with me as welll... i bought sixers season tickets like an idiot and sat courtside @ the Thunder game immediately :pimp:   used the rest to flip all year haha

da memories. Enjoy YOUR money my young brethren. If your under 24-26 range and are single... blow it ALL lolol

Last edited:

Yea I thought the same team but if you go on the IRS website the way its worded makes it seem that as long as you haven't completed your first four year degree you can claim it

Have to look more into it

stiffen up that upper lip we knew it was coming haha i get my ball&chain soon

Im still over here HURT im writing checks and my fiance is cashin out

and im jus blocking out all together how screwed we are next year when shes no longer a single mother :frown:

it was jus 2 years ago our combined returns were about 10k :pimp:  sold a car for a freind around then too n he split the profit with me as welll... i bought sixers season tickets like an idiot and sat courtside @ the Thunder game immediately :pimp:   used the rest to flip all year haha

da memories. Enjoy YOUR money my young brethren. If your under 24-26 range and are single... blow it ALL lolol
MAN

Next year we filin' together. I missed a lot of exemptions but i wanted to make sure DOE didn't snatch both our returns 

Next year we'll rack up

Yea I thought the same team but if you go on the IRS website the way its worded makes it seem that as long as you haven't completed your first four year degree you can claim it

Have to look more into it

You took one class, that's not part time so I don't think you can claim.

Yeah you have to be on your first undergrad degree to use it, meaning if you already have one Bachelor's you can't use AOTC

If you are on your 1st bachelors you can receive AOTC for 4 years, it doesn't necessarily have to be 4 back to back years. So if you been in school for 6 years but this is your first AOTC, you still have 3 left.

Quick question:

So I withdrew from TRS (Teacher Retirement System) when I left the school district. Of course I got taxed 20% and will be penalized 10% when i do my taxes. Since i have that 1099 form Turbo Tax says I have to buy the deluxe version. Is there anyway around that?

Quick question:

So I withdrew from TRS (Teacher Retirement System) when I left the school district. Of course I got taxed 20% and will be penalized 10% when i do my taxes. Since i have that 1099 form Turbo Tax says I have to buy the deluxe version. Is there anyway around that?
I would say no. Once you start getting into different forms, they gonna make you use deluxe. The free version is jus for folks with a W2 and that's it...

Started a simple return with turbotax and my 2 W-2s this morning. All of sudden, I'm gonna end up owing $418 even though I've paid over a $1,000 in federal taxes last year???

2rgm2he.jpg

Back
Top Bottom