Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

My point exactly. They are making everone have health insurance even folks that rarely if ever see a doctor. I am one of those people. The one time I did, i paid cash.

Obamacare is making everyone carry insurance not because we may need it one day but because they need healthy people to sign up to pay for those whom are unhealthy.

Everybody doesn't need car insurance lol . It is good for everyone to have health insurance.

Doctor and hospital bills are very different, a couple hundred compared to tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands.

Like I said before I believe health insurance should be free for everyone. What do you when you have to go to the hospital?

Last edited:
Everybody doesn't need car insurance lol . It is good for everyone to have health insurance.

Doctor and hospital bills are very different, a couple hundred compared to tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands.

Like I said before I believe health insurance should be free for everyone. What do you when you have to go to the hospital?
Which is which though in your example though? I needed surgery when I was 18 and it cost $75K. Thankfully I was insured. If something happens in both cases the OOP cost if you don't have insurance can be crippling.

Went to the hospital for stitches, I think the bill total was around $1500 but with my insurance I paid $300 something

Which is which though in your example though? I needed surgery when I was 18 and it cost $75K. Thankfully I was insured. If something happens in both cases the OOP cost if you don't have insurance can be crippling.
Doctor visits a couple hundred , hospital visits in the thousands.

People in here are saying they don't need insurance because they never go to the doctor and just pay out of pocket, but what do they do if they happen to need to go to the emergency room or have surgery? Do they pay that out of pocket as well, or do they just let it go to collections? Which is what a lot of people with no insurance do.

I have health insurance with free doctors visits and still don't go, but I don't think that I should ever go without it just because I never go.

I went to the emergency room once in my life and the bill was 10K, I only paid $90 out of pocket.

Listen NT

Health insurance is very important I was and have been always very healthy and I never get sick, didn't get sick in 2015 not even sarcasm.

But let's say a drunk driver almost takes you out and you have crap insurance????

You can go bankrupt lucky for me I have really good lawsuit situation and guy who hit me had coverage.

It's not a game at all, plz listen to me.

Listen NT

Health insurance is very important I was and have been always very healthy and I never get sick, didn't get sick in 2015 not even sarcasm.

But let's say a drunk driver almost takes you out and you have crap insurance????

You can go bankrupt lucky for me I have really good lawsuit situation and guy who hit me had coverage.

Your insurance should not be paying if a drunk driver takes you out. Thats the drunk drivers bill. If not, your full coverage insurance should take car of your bills and go after the drunk driver.

My point exactly. They are making everone have health insurance even folks that rarely if ever see a doctor. I am one of those people. The one time I did, i paid cash.

Obamacare is making everyone carry insurance not because we may need it one day but because they need healthy people to sign up to pay for those whom are unhealthy.

Everyone don't "need" health insurance. Some people actually pay their medical bills just like they pay their other bills. Medical bills are very negotiable. If you educate yourself, some of the stuff they try to give you don't need. My pops paid cash to deliver my 3 siblings and I. I didn't have insurance growing up, pop just paid cash.

Last edited:
Listen NT

Your insurance should not be paying if a drunk driver takes you out. Thats the drunk drivers bill. If not, your full coverage insurance should take car of your bills and go after the drunk driver.

what if the drunk driver don't have insurance? what if you only got liability because you paid off your car and don't see a reason to have full coverage?

Listen NT

what if the drunk driver don't have insurance? what if you only got liability because you paid off your car and don't see a reason to have full coverage?

Then your an idiot. What happens when passenger in your car is hurt by said insurance-less drunk driver. Your liabilty wont cover it cause your it wasnt your fault.

Had this happen to me when I was in high school. In 99' I had a 1980 Impala bought the car for $900 cash and I was paying for full coverage. Houston is big in swangin and a dude swang too wide and totaled my car while we were parking lot pimpin. we were sitting in the car my boy had his leg out the door it almost cut off his leg. Dude didnt have insurance. My full coverage paid for everything. Then allstate went after the dude that hit us with everything they had. I didnt have to do anything.

Health insurance is not going to go after the drunk driver. They may get you healthy but the drunk driver will get off besides the civil action or if you go hire your own lawyers.

With full coverage your insurance company will go after everything to recoupe the lost. Insurance companies has team of lawyers, why wouldnt you want that.

Everyone don't "need" health insurance. Some people actually pay their medical bills just like they pay their other bills. Medical bills are very negotiable. If you educate yourself, some of the stuff they try to give you don't need. My pops paid cash to deliver my 3 siblings and I. I didn't have insurance growing up, pop just paid cash.
Please inform me on how you negotiate down a 20K-100K bill even once you refused the medicine that you didn't need? I see payment plan, but bringing the price down entirely? Don't see how thats possible unless you are dealing with a collections company. 

Please inform me on how you negotiate down a 20K-100K bill even once you refused the medicine that you didn't need? I see payment plan, but bringing the price down entirely? Don't see how thats possible unless you are dealing with a collections company. 
they have sliding scales, reduced bills for hardships, and what not. Every hospital does, they just aint gon
volunteer that info tho.

Listen NT

Then your an idiot. What happens when passenger in your car is hurt by said insurance-less drunk driver. Your liabilty wont cover it cause your it wasnt your fault.

Had this happen to me when I was in high school. In 99' I had a 1980 Impala bought the car for $900 cash and I was paying for full coverage. Houston is big in swangin and a dude swang too wide and totaled my car while we were parking lot pimpin. we were sitting in the car my boy had his leg out the door it almost cut off his leg. Dude didnt have insurance. My full coverage paid for everything. Then allstate went after the dude that hit us with everything they had. I didnt have to do anything.

Health insurance is not going to go after the drunk driver. They may get you healthy but the drunk driver will get off besides the civil action or if you go hire your own lawyers.

With full coverage your insurance company will go after everything to recoupe the lost. Insurance companies has team of lawyers, why wouldnt you want that.

kill this noise right now.

23 years old, healthy as ever. My appendix burst. That is a natural thing. wasnt due to anything but happen chance. The bill was $33,000.

Im suppose to pay that out of pocket?

your pops gonna pay all 3 of yalls surgeries? Youre incorrect.

Stop with all that babble youre coming with. For every 'invincible' person you know, or you who claim to be, there are a million folks who just so happen to got cancer, leukemia, some other horrible 'naturally' caused ailment.

Quiet down. you sound silly.

Last edited:
Can we get superb back for a few months. He is my tax advisor 
This
What he get banned for?????
Him and someone else can't remember their sn
But they was either someone who worked at the irs
Or did taxes for a living
But both are always helpful this time last of the year

Superb sent some kind of link that tried to get your personal information or something like that.

He was helpful last year.

Doctor visits a couple hundred , hospital visits in the thousands.

People in here are saying they don't need insurance because they never go to the doctor and just pay out of pocket, but what do they do if they happen to need to go to the emergency room or have surgery? Do they pay that out of pocket as well, or do they just let it go to collections? Which is what a lot of people with no insurance do.

I have health insurance with free doctors visits and still don't go, but I don't think that I should ever go without it just because I never go.

I went to the emergency room once in my life and the bill was 10K, I only paid $90 out of pocket.
 I'm with you in that I believe health insurance is extremely important. However, I disagree with being penalized for not having it ESPECIALLY when it's out of my control and in my case being laid off. Got a COBRA invoice in the mail if I want to continue the same coverage I had when I was employed. Bro, no B/S...$990.00/month
laugh.gif

I get laid off, lose my insurance, but if I want to keep it, all I have to do is pay 220% of the premium cost. Unbelievable.

Health insurance is important because **** just happens. My girl randomly had the get her gallbladder removed in the summer. Never had any health issues, just woke up in pain one day. Thank god she has good insurance, she only ended up paying a couple hundred

Have to agree with importance of health insurance, never signed up for it at either for my first two jobs cause never I thought I would need it. Was force to sign up at my 3rd one, went in to remove wisdom teeth and they found a cyst. Insurance paid for a good chunk of that bill thankfully. Thing with insurance is you never think you'll need it, until you need it.

Back
Top Bottom